Ratings for Dr. Loretta B. Chou

I will never recommend going to Dr Chou. She is HORRRRRIBLE !!! She rushes to judgement without taking the time to listen to the patient. For my Lisfranc plus multiple fractures of both feet (surgery done out of state) she seemed the least bit interested in following up. She referred me to another doctor out of the Stanford network. When the other Dr's nurse called to confirm my appt she said Dr Chou referred me to them for back problems. I have no back problems at all !!! I had read severe reviews about how bad Dr Chou is so I had not opted for her by choice. When we moved to the bay area I went to Dr Kenneth Hunt who is an amazing Doctor. Unfortunately he moved to Colorado to a higher position. So I ended up being transferred to this nightmare of a doc Dr Chou. Absolutely be sure to AVOID DR Loretta Chou.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Horrible Experience! You will never get straight answer to any question you ask. you will be left confused.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr. Chou is amazing. She made a perfect surgery for my ex-wife. People said she wouldn't walk again due to multiple torn meta tarsals, but she is running now. Thank you Dr. Chou!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I have the highest regard for Dr. Chou. Recovery from a procedure like mine normally takes nine to twelve months, but I was back to full mobility after only six months. The scars from my surgery are nearly invisible Dr. Chou is extraordinarily attentive, very professional and highly skilled. I have already recommended her to several other people with vairious foot/ankle issues.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr. Chou was the first doctor/surgeon to actually take my chronic ankle pain seriously after 5 years of severe pain. As a college athlete it got to a point where I couldn't continue competing, and had to practically beg the sports doctor for xrays/MRIs. I had a stage 4 Osteochondral Defect in my right ankle and a bone growth in the left, and Dr. Chou immediately recommended surgery, she didn't blow me off or ignore the injury. She was extremely professional, kind, and caring. Her bedside manner was really wonderful. I travelled from Hawaii for her to operate on me and will do so again, I wouldn't want anyone other than Chou. Extremely impressive surgeon. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Chou is TOP-NOTCH. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. She is AMAZING. I broke 4 metatarsals and had been seeing the Orthopaedic Surgeon who was on call that night at my local ER, who was a total crock and let's just leave it at that. So I decided to seek a second opinion, found Dr. Chou, and have never looked back. Honestly, I can't praise her enough. I never write reviews, and yet felt compelled to spread the word about Dr. Chou. Yes, she moves quickly and doesn't ask about your kid's art projects or whatever. But give me a break, you're looking for a DOCTOR who will FIX YOUR PROBLEM right?

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

I was charged $46 for "toe protectors" that I did not want or ask for. Dr. Chou should have prepared for a career in retail if she wanted to make money from products. She was rushed when I saw her, (I waited 1 hr. 15 minutes, offered no solutions to my painful problem feet, and then came the bill for something that looks as though it cost 50 cents to produce and that was handed to me by the doctor as though it was something she wanted me to consider trying. This is Stanford medical care???

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Dr. Chou was very cordial and took time to explain my injury (lisfranc fracture) to me. She offered information about the surgery, recovery time and potential problems. I had read that she had no bedside manner and I fully disagree. I went to her seeking a 2nd opinion and have since decided to have her perform my surgery. The staff at Stanford was efficient and was able to take me before my pointed time.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

She was the 4th doctor I had seen and was the ONLY doctor that requested an MRI of my heel/foot. It had been giving me pain to the point of major limping for over 1 1/2 yrs. All I have heard from other doctors was to rest it, take some meds and give it time. it was getting worse. My orthopedic doctor said my last chance was Dr. Chou and I didn't care to drive the 1 hr to see her. She gave me the most direct,informed answer as to what was my problem and how to fix it. I had Haglunds Deformity & Achilles Tendon Repair done. Yes, she is straight to the point and not the, "hey, hows it ogin, nice weather" type of doctor, but I wasn't looking for small talk. I wanted a solution. If you have the chance to see her, I highly recommend you do. I'm in my 3rd week of recovery and the pain was tolerable and I stopped taking the hard-core meds within 4 days of surgery. Advil or tylenol does the trick. her staff is very friendly & the clinic there is very clean and tidy.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

She does not know any! Very short and very unfriendly! Bad bad experience, I would never recomend her to nobody.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Dr. Loretta B. Chou's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Stanford, CA