Ratings for Dr. Diane K. Matsumoto

Dr. Diane Matsumoto is the worst and irresponsible doctor I have ever seen. I was seeing this doctor since my baby was born. I took my 7 weeks old baby for mild cough(congestion). She looked into his ears and said he has got VERY HORRIBLE ear infection and was given antibiotics shots on the spot and asked to return after 24 hrs. Next day, she said it has improved 50% (She wasn't sure when she said this, I could read her face) and then asked to come after 2 weeks and was prescribed with Amoxicillin for 10 days . For my piece of mind, I took him after 5 days to see if there was any progress and after 5 days, she said there was no progress and gave another much stronger antibiotics. I wasn't convinced with what she said since my baby was perfectly alright (playing, eating well, sleeping well...) apart from little congestion. I took him to another Dr. just after couple of hours to get second opinion. The another doctor checked him thoroughly and said he doesn't have any infection. How can a bad infection go away within couple of hours? I took him to one more doctor next day, since I was in dilemma, and she also said everything is fine, no infection at all.Now what kind of doctor is she? How can she make this MISTAKE 3 TIMES? How can she be so irresponsible. She has lots of patients, so she is always in hurry and doesn't give proper time and attention. My poor baby got very bad diarrhea and rashes and was crying because of it.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

The rudest Paeditrician I have ever met. I wanted to go with no Vaccination for my child and all I asked was if she will be willing to accept my child as her Patient. Diane was going all about dying, she being Sued for death of a child and has had enough attending funerals of children. How the hell can a child doctor not know what to talk to an expecting mom. If she has been to enough funerals, thats not the doctor you would want to take your kid to right? Not just this, at the end of the meet the doc, when she knew we wouldn't be her patient, she just showed us the door. Rude and all she seemed to care for to me appeared $$ and not being Sued. That's not the right reason to be in this field. Horrible person, really Horrible person.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

I absolutely love Dr. Matsomoto. She has been my sons pediatrician since the day he was born and is also the pediatrician of our newborn. She's very knowledgeable and professional. She won't just throw a prescription at you and hope for the best. She really spends time talking to you about what's going on with your kids. My oldest son absolutely adores her.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

The night I thought my 2 year old son might die, (I was in PICU), I called her b/c she was the TLC Dr. on call at 10pm for advice, she told me, "YOu people have got to stop calling me". Yes, she was the doctor on call, no I did not ask to speak to her specifically. They were talking about inducing coma and putting my baby on a respirator, I wanted to know what the TLC Doctor on call (our regular pediatric office) thought about this, to get reassurance or a second opinion. This had only been my 2nd call since my son was admitted. she was rude, unprofessional, and worse yet, when I thought it was impossible to make me feel any worse, she succeeded. I was so taken aback. I was not rude back b/c I was in shock so she continued to insult me. She came in the next day and apologized, but by then, I was over it, TLC, and ESPECIALLY Dr. Matsumoto. I cannot believe anyone could do this to a mother in need, let alone a pediatrician. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Dr. Matsumoto was the best pediatric doctor for my son. She listened and asked questions I felt very comfortable taking my son whenever there was a problem.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Matsumoto has been seeing my gilrs since they were born and they are now 8 and 10 years old. She is a sweet caring doctor and my girls have never felt frightened by her. She is soft spoken and calm with the kids and takes the time with the parents during the yearly well check to discuss development and any other questions since kids do not come with an owner's manual :-) Dr. Matsumoto is a conservative doctor and will not just throw an anti-biotic at a common cold becasue the parent thinks it is the right thing to do. Her nurses (especially Elaine) are wonderful and helpful too -- they do call back if you have a general care question and even sometime the Dr. calls as well. She is wonderful doctor and I wish I could find an adult PCP that good for myself.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

My son was born with a low birth weight, she was always concerned. He wasnt gaining having trouble eating. She admitted him to the hospital which I was grateful for. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks, and did call to check on him. He has severe reflux and sent home with a feeding tube which was supposed to be temporary to give him supplemental feeds at night to get his weight up. After being released from the hospital and told the tube would only be for two weeks I went back to Matsumotos care. He was feed 24 hrs with the tube and after 2 weeks she was too scared to take him off and said she didn’t want him taking anything orally. I didn't feel great about this at the time but figured doc knows best. 7 mo later he is still fed solely by tube; now has to be in feeding therapy because he doesnt know how to eat orally. She had good intentions and seemed very concerned but she really dropped the ball here. I think she would be a good pediatrician for a child who doesn't have any problems.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

I couldn't disagree anymore with other rating. Dr. M is very knowledgeable & patient with the many questions we ask. She is a little conservative, but not pushy.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2008

Dr. Diane K. Matsumoto's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1991)

HealthFirst