Ratings for Dr. Scott L. Gold

Less than 5 minute wait time in the waiting room then again only about a 5ish minute wait in the exam room. Thoroughly explains MRIs and other scans and is a great listener. He is very easy to talk to and he isn't like other doctors that talk down to you as if you are incapable of understanding what is going on(on the flip side, he always happy to explain anything that you might not totally comprehend). He truly has your best interest in mind when making a personalized plan for your health and never tries to add unnecessary medications. He is TRULY the best in his field.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Dr. Gold is known in our area as the best, and the title is well deserved. He stays abreast of all the research findings, but is the first to say when he is not familiar with something, which is not often. His bedside manner is excellent, and he never makes you feel as if he has somewhere else to be. His assistant, Kerrie, is great in person, but I've never gotten a call back from her in the 4 years I've seen Dr. Gold. I laughed when I read the comments below about Karen, his secretary, because they are so true. She does act like his gatekeeper, but since my initial phone call, she's not treated me that way. I assume Dr. Gold requests Karen to question prospective patients for their validity before wasting his valuable time, but perhaps he is unaware of how she asks them. Staff issues aside, Dr. Gold is the best doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Gold for 11 years. As a rule, I'm not a fan of specialists, but Dr. Gold does not have the usual arrogance associated with them. He is well-informed and knowledgeable because it's his field. If you have a mechanic that LOVES to fix Honda Civics, that's who you bring yours to. It's clearly a no-brainer. Reading the other comments, if you had a bad experience with office staff, please address it with Dr. Gold. He's too much of a treasure to let go, as you will learn if you try again.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I went to Dr. Gold several years back and he was the best ! He was able to try different things until we finally got my migraines under control.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gold a year now and I drive 100 miles roundtrip to see him, so that tells you how good he is! I find him to be patient, caring, engaging, and sweet. His nurse, Kerrie is very accommodating and when you use their Patient Access system, he reads thru each one personally and then has Kerrie call you within 24-48 hours. I was having a lot of anger and depression related to my MS and he recommended a different DMD (disease modifying drug) than what I was using as he explained to me that the one I was on could exacerbate those issues. He also worked with me diligently to find a good anti-depressant that didn't cause more Insomnia. He listens to all your health concerns. He explained that another issue I was having was MS-related to spasticity and gave me a muscle relaxant which helped. He is good at educating his patients and he is the FIRST neuro to really sit down with me, show me my MRI's and explain the findings. He is the BEST MS Specialist in our area.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Gold is a patient listener, personable and thoughtful. His secretary at the front desk; however, acts as a gate keeper to get access to schedule appointments. I stopped going because she would ask several questions and then decide if I would see him! How can this be? Several other women who see him say the same thing. Karen is snotty and rude. The online scheduling system sounds like a great idea but it took 3 weeks for a call back.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2009

I have suffered from severe cramping, with my Multiple Sclerosis. He told me that there isn't anything else that he can give me other that would take care of it. I had a horrific episode that lasted from 6pm to 3:30 A.M. I went to a hospital in which I was given valium for the cramping. I now only take the valium when I need it. Instead of a muscle relaxer four times a day, which did not work. I suffered for years thinking that he was being honest. I fear him now because I now know that he doe not have my bet interest at heart. I do not take the medications that they call treatments for the M.S. and frankly I fear that this is why I was mislead. I have to use him, because he is the only one that has specialized in M.S. but I truly think he is getting kick back from the drug companies. why else would it be shoved on people, instead of just accepting the patients wishes. Not to use a drug that a drug company has the same ability to do what the tabacco companies had done.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Dr. Gold has been mt doctor for about 10 years and he is the best. He listens to you and more importantly, HEARS what you have to say. He cares about his patients and he gives a lot to the MS community. He is very knowledgeable in his field and stays current with all the MS research, including taking an active part in clinical trials. Brevard County is very fortunate to have Dr. Gold.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Scott L. Gold's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)