Ratings for Dr. Joseph Silhavy

A great group of physicians. He certainly held up the expectations and ethics Dr Laney had (who he bought the practice from years ago).

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Love, love, love Dr. Santos, and Dr. Silhavy. They + Dr. Keller have taken care of both our kids from birth & have made being a worry wart parent less stressful. Not crazy about their new assistants and aides, preferred the older ones. New ones have no bedside manner or compassion but I'll put up for Dr. Santos & Dr. Silhavy.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Love, love, love this office !!! Dr Kellar is a great addition! So glad I found this practice!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Drs. Silhavy and Santos have been fantastic physicians for my children. Their care and concern for our health and well-being are unparalleled...and it's obvious that they know how it is to be the mom or dad. They have always been kind and patient with a mom who has lots of questions! I've never felt rushed or that my kids were uncared for...which, if that's the case with all of their patients, may explain the long waits in the exam room. But I'd rather wait in an exam room than in a waiting room full of coughing children. Staff is great, especially the triage nurses who take sick kid calls. Kudos!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

WOW...WELL, I CALLED BACK TODAY TO SEE IF THEY WERE TAKING NEW PATIENTS YET AS I WAS INSTRUCTED. I POSTED A RAVE REVIEW OF THIS OFFICE'S WILLINGNESS TO HELP IN JUNE 2012...MY SON HAS FPIES AND NOONE AROUND WITHIN 5 HOURS KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, BUT WAS TOLD LAST CALL, THEY DID. THIS TIME, THE NURSE I SPOKE TO WAS CURT, AND RUDE...AND AFTER I SAID, I WAS TOLD TO CALL BACK AND CHECK ON NEW PATIENT ACCEPTANCE, SAID IN 3 YEARS THEY HAVE NEVER TAKEN ANYTHING BUT NEW BORNS...AND THEY DONT TREAT ANYONE WITH FOOD PROTEIN INTOLERANCE...THEY REFER TO GI. IM IN TEARS..AS THE ONE..........! PLACE THAT WAS KIND AND HELPFUL TO ME IN MY STRUGGLE, HAS NOW SIMPLE FLATTENED ME. AS IF ITS NOT HARD ENOUGH TO FLOUNDER THRU. KINDNESS WOULDVE GONE SO FAR. MAYBE I SHOULD FEEL BLESSED THEY DONT TAKE NEW PATIENTS...IF THIS IS HOW THEIR STAFF TREATS PARENTS. UGH.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Silhavy & his wife Dr. Santos are wonderful pediatricians!! If they would fire their ENTIRE office staff, they would have much more success. My 2 sisters have both pulled their children from this office & I have just pulled my 2 ALL BECAUSE OF THE OFFICE STAFF. They are rude, do not know what they are doing & need to go through extensive training. The girl that schedules appointment scheduled my son an appt 4 months in advance for scoliosis testing, which in the meantime I had my daughter & in turn took her to that same office so they would have the same ped. The week before my sons appt, I get a call that they cannot see my son because when we had moved away, his records were transferred to another ped. (which i exp. we had just moved back in the area when i originally set appt). Therefore, i wasted 4 months & took my daughter there.Then, her 6 mnths shots were not schdld on time & she missed her 3rd dose of Roto-tec. I have clld multiple x's requesting cb from dr but never rcvd.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I was not able to make an appointment as they are only taking newborns right now but after an exhausting morning calling around for a new ped for my 15 month old son who has FPIES, I was able to speak to a nurse who was MORE than happy to listen, suggest and direct me to a more suitable way to approach finding one. A huge boost of confidence after hanging up, for a super tired Mama. If they are accepting patients ever, or you have a new born, it is worth your time to call them.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Love the doctors, but their staff needs training and bettter operations.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

Dr. Silhavey and Dr. Santos has got to be the best pediatrician in Illinois if not in the US. Their bedside manner and the way they handle their patients is outstanding. They have always made me feel (mommy) like my children is as important to them as their own. If you are a new parent, I would highly recommend them as your child's Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Silhavey and his wife are the best. My daughter actually likes to go to the doctor. The best thing is that they are parents and they care as much about you as they do the children.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Joseph Silhavy's Credentials

• St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63104 (Grad. 1994)

Coventry Healthcare