Ratings for Dr. Robins J. Newton

NOT impressed! Apparently a migraine diagnosis is small potatoes for this guy. This was my first visit to a doctor about my recurring headaches, which I assumed were migraines. After waiting 45 minutes to see him, (HELLO - I've got to get back to work!) he asked me a series of basic questions about my headaches and concluded I was experiencing the classic migraine. Based on my answers he wrote a prescription and expected me to leave. When I insisted on a further diagnosis - What is CAUSING them and how to PREVENT them, he generalized to no end. "Oh well it could be caused by this or that or something else or even this, but we don't know and here are some pain killers." He even uttered the words "We're not going to go on a wild goose chase about something like this."

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

This doctor took my co-pay and insurance pay and did not do one thing for me--except make me feel hopeless. (I felt ripped off when I left.) He was rude, would not let me finish one sentence without interrupting, then told me my primary doc should send me to Mayo or UAB. He epitomizes the "I think I'm God" doctor stereotype and dismisses your symptoms because he's just too lazy or apathetic to lift a finger to try to figure out what is wrong (or maybe he's covering up the fact that he doesn't really know anything!) And he is a specialist in neurology? Don't waste your time, money or your last hopes for a diagnosis on him! His primary concern seems to be moving patients through on time and collecting his pay. He is a sad comment on the healthcare community and a sorry excuse for a doctor. St. Vincents should not even want to have this doctor associated with its good name.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

Does NOT listen. Missed diagnosis, since confirmed by other doctors. On three separate occasions wrote prescriptions for a medication that I can't take - refused to hear me when I told him that med caused a dangerous situation for me because I have cardiac issues. He simply wrote that rx because that's the one he's used to writing for everyone else. Honestly, one of the best things I ever did was 'fire' him. The idea of having follow-up visits every 2-3 weeks for a chronic, lifetime condition is ridiculous and part of what's wrong w/ our healthcare system. That's when you KNOW it's about money and not about health CARE.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

Ran alot of tests, but did communicate results or follow-up plan. After having more problems. I called back since he had my records and test results, but he was not willing to help, or even refer to another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Got the thrill of paying $20 copay then another $59 for him to tell me the results of a test. Not his fault about me having to pay more, but why won't he just call if the results are negative instead of me having to go see him again? Doesn't communicate well. Listens fine, but doesn't tell me enough about my results, why he runs tests, etc.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2008

Neurologist - nice guy.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2005

Dr. Robins J. Newton's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

HealthPartners