Ratings for Dr. Richard P. Frechette

He confused me with another patient and had me rushed to CMC for an angiogram/stint or multiple bypass surgery! Thank Gpd the folks at CMC SAW THAT MY CORONARY arteries are fine. It gets worse, I had an infected parotid gland (salivary gland) Dr. Freshet the had me sucking LEMONS, I ended up with sepsis (bacterial infection of the blood. Potentially fatal) when my temp hit 104 I decided to leave AMA . I went to an awesome ENT at DARTMOUTH HITCHCOCK , he drained and gave me IV Cipro in his office I went home the same day no fever no more sepsis. I have more Dr. F nightmares but this should suffice. (PS, THIS WAS THE GOOD NEWS)

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I only got into an appointment with him by chance after a long battle with illness and my goodness if it wasn't one of the biggest wastes of my time--and apparently theirs too. I was rushed through the entire process like I was on a conveyor belt. Both he and his unnamed assistant would cut me off mid sentence, didn't tell me any of their findings and at the end of the shortest doctor's visit ever was more or less told "well it's not this, so it must be some kind of virus." And that was it. My questions were met with curt responses and reluctance. Never saw a smile. Needless to say, the gloriously awful bedside manners say I won't be going back. If anything, I'm worse off now than I was before. Thanks, doc!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Very knowledgeable and very kind. I haven't ever been interrupted by him. Though he can be abrupt with responses, if you were to just ask him to clarify then he would explain. I don't feel rushed during my times with him but that may be because I get to the point like he tends to. Good staff and always punctual.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Creepy and bad doctor. DO NOT GO TO HIM! I wish that he would retire. Rude, not up on latest info about conditions and meds, and practices in the 1960s mode. He should be reviewed by the BOM

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I have been a patient of his for over 25 years and he has always been helpful and knowledgeable. I have had serious problems and he has always been there for me.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

I saw him for travel advice & immunizations. He talked very fast as if he was trying to get it over with, and crammed as much information as possible into a short time. He answered my questions OK if I interrupted him to ask, but it took effort. When I left, I think he'd probably actually said (dictated) and done everything he should have but my head was spinning from the too-rapid delivery.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

I agree with the other person. He is very negative and NEVER LISTENS at all. He literally cuts me off mid-sentence when I am trying to tell him something very important about my condition. Did the same to my husband as well before he got a new Primary Care Provider. Whenever I leave his office I say to my husband, that guy is a real creep, or a real jerk. Anyone have suggestions for a better doctor that actually listens or seems to care in the Peterborough area please?? I'm really tired of dealing with this creepy doctor. It's as if he takes pleasure in interrupting you or talking over you (he smiles as he does it - creepy!). Definitely don't bring your children here. Don't know what else to say except, avoid this guy. You know what the 'nickname' is for Richard, that suits him perfectly.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

This guy has unfortunately been my Primary Care Provider for almost my entire adult life - at least 15 years. He does things like: I will tell him that "When I take a really hot shower the pain goes down, so I do that almost every day..." He assumes (always the worst) that I meant I only shower every so often, not that I crank it to burning hot every so often, he laughs out loud at me (and several of my relatives who have stopped going there including two grandmothers) and is impossible to explain, 'just meant only take HOT showers..' cuts you off and laughs at you. He's really rude, and has dangerously mis-diagnosed me and someone I care very much for more than once(!), he never REMEMBERS what is going on with you, never seems to care at all, never remembers to do the follow-up that he promised he would, always have to remind him, sometimes have to prod him for months to do the tests the specialists said I had to have every six months. He's a real whiney jer

flag | Submitted April 27, 2008

Dr. Richard P. Frechette's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Peterborough, NH