Ratings for Dr. Frank H. Christensen

Beautiful results from surgery to correct a ptosis of my left eyelid. This was a complicated condition that had required previous procedures. Dr. Christensen is a skilled, experienced surgeon who takes the time to communicate with his patients.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I had very droopy lids and the pressure on my eyes was causing them to be very irritated and I could not see well at all. Dr. Christensen took the time to explain everything in great detail. I was also impressed that my optometrist had sent his own mother to Dr. Christensen. My procedure had some complications, but he stuck with me and provided a ton of follow up care and now I'm pleased as can be. I can see so much better and it is all thanks to Dr. Christensen.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I am very happy with Dr. Christensen! He explained exactly what needed to be done to fix my Jone's Tube situation. He was very thorough in evaluating during surgery what he couldn't see in the office and explained in detail after the procedure about removing old scar tissue to make the tube fit properly. Having the Jone's tubes is not an easy thing to live with, and having Dr. Christensen as my surgeon has made all the difference in the world. My tubes are staying in place and are draining as they should after surgery. Dr. Christensen took the time to really listen to me about my eye tube issues and explained in detail the options available to me. He is a very personable, caring and experienced doctor.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

I was diagnosed with Graves' eye disease and no longer looked like myself. Dr. Christensen spent a lot of time with me explaining the procedures I needed. He was the only ocular expert I could find that had all the qualities I was seeking and made me feel comfortable. Even after my operations he and his nurse were available and always doing anything to help. I felt comfortable and confident with Dr. Christensen and highly recommend him for facial and eye surgeries.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I had a brow lift and blepharoplasty procedure with Dr. Christensen 2 months ago. In my first office visit, he spent a good bit of time with me and patiently answered my questions. His staff worked very diligently to make sure my insurance company had all the info they needed on the first go round, and indeed, the insurance approved the procedure with no appeals needed on my part - yay! (blepharoplasty is covered - much of the brow lift is considered plastic surgery and not covered). I thought Dr. Christensen's bedside manner was even that much better than his office persona. While waiting to go to the OR, the Dr. came in and explained again to my husband and me what he was going to do, and again answered any questions and concerns. My surgery ended up being delayed a couple hours because the surgeon who had the OR reserved before did not finish on schedule. Dr. Christensen came to my room several times to keep me apprised of the situation, and to see how I was doing. I was awake during most of the procedure, and the Dr. explained what he was doing, and also had a good rapport with the surgical staff. The first night was a bit uncomfortable (head bandaged, and eyes covered, so I couldn't see), and I'm glad I did have the procedure done at the hospital. The dressing on my eyes was changed every two hours. The next morning, Dr. Christensen showed up on time, about 9 am. The worst pain I had was when he removed the drain tube from my forehead. The healing process has gone smoothly, and the scars are not really visible anymore. The eyelid scar is right in the crease when I open my eye, so no one sees it when I have my eyes open. I've had 2 follow-up appointments thus far, and had to wait both times. That is, I think, a by-product of having a doctor that, when it's your turn, doesn't hurry you out and will patiently answer questions. To minimize the wait, I'd suggest you call before leaving for your appointment, and see how the schedule is going. I've already recommended Dr. Christensen to two people. I was very pleased with my experience and the results of the surgery.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

His staff has not been up to date of situations involving care or billing! He's was late everytime I saw him! Including 6 hours late for surgery! I would never reccommend this man to expect him to have his patients medical needs in his mind!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Had a serious problem with a hooded eye,almost lizard like and it created a visual problem to the point that I was scared to drive. He removed part of my drooping eye lid. I am so pleased that words can't expressed my gratitude. If I ever need any type facial surgery his will be the first number I call. He, his staff and the surgical clinic used treated me with respect, courtesy and care. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I recently had a brow lift and blepharoplasty procedure with Dr.Christensen and could not be happier with the experience. He spent around two hours with me at the consultation appointment explaining the procedures and answering questions. My surgery was done 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been for two post-op appointments. He and his staff have been very accommodating and helpful. I was very comfortable with Dr. Christensen and had confidence in his knowledge and ability. I will definitely recommend Dr. Christensen and his staff to family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I saw Dr. Christensen about 5 weeks ago. The surgery he recommended was a brow lift and eyelids lift. He explained everything in detail as to the procedure he would be doing. He was very patient and gave me plenty of time to ask questions that he thoroughly answered. My wife was with me for each visit as well as the surgery date. He was very nice to her and he made sure that she was included in any of the discussion. My recovery was faster than I had expected. I have minimal scarring and as each day goes by it gets better. I was very pleased with him and his assistant getting back to me in a timely manner with the information concerning preop and postop procedures as well as financial information. The nurses and caretakers at Duke Regional were very attentive to me and made sure that I was comfortable and not in pain. I would highly recommend him to others who need this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

My experience with Dr. Christenson was extremely positive. Dr. Christenon took a great deal of time explaining the problem and the treatment plan. I was impressed with his patience and kindness. I would recommend Dr. Christenson to anyone who wanted a fine Dr. In his area of expertise.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr. Frank H. Christensen's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal