I love this man....like he was my own family! He is a gentle giant who is beyond genius. He saved my life twice and I owe him everything. There is not a kinder- or wiser- physician practicing today. Long live, Dr. Smith. May God bless him.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Thank you, GOD, for Dr. Smith! May he live for a LONG LONG time.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Leon G. Smith, Sr. Is a genius. He saved my life 3 times. In 1994 after being sick for months, I saw Dr. Leon & he looked at me and immediately knew I had a rare bacterial/fungal infection Actinomycosis. In 2011 along with his son Steven he cared for me at St. Michaels with a resistant case of c-diff that left me malnourished that some of my protein levels equaled someone in a Nazi concentration camp. I survived and thrived after that illness thanks to Dr. Leon and his son Dr. Steven. In April 2013 he diagnosed me with a life threatening staff infection in an abdominal incision. Again, before the test results were in he correctly diagnosed me. Dr. Leon is an 82 year old gentleman with a mind that is sharp as a tack. He has true love & compassion for his fellow man.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Leon Smith SR is the first infectious disease specialist in the state of NJ. I have used him for 7 years and he is the BEST ID specialist I have been to yet. He is in Roseland on Tueday afternoons and at St Michaels M T W F. He treats anyone that needs him although he has many many patients. I personally prefer Dr. Leon Senior's bedside manner over his son Steven Smith MD, his son is still a very good ID specialist and called brilliant like his father by his peers. You can't go wrong using Dr. Leon Smith Sr. for infectious disease. Dr. Leon Smith Jr is maternal/fetal medicine so don't get them mixed up. Four of his five children are doctors. I give him 5 stars for his caring manner and attempt to make everyone well that he possibly can. For a history, read this article. http://blog.nj.com/iamnj/2007/06/leon_smith.html

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

This is an amazing MD. He saved my life! He diagnosed me when no one else could. I owe him my life. Truly. There was always a bit of a wait in the waiting room, but totally worth it.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Dr. Leon G. Smith's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1956)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I love this man....like he was my own family! He is a gentle giant who is beyond genius. He saved my life twice and I owe him everything. There is not a kinder..."

November 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=165927'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014
  • City changed from &quot;Roseland&quot; to &quot;Livingston&quot;

October 4, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Leon" to "Leon G."

April 8, 2012