Ratings for Dr. Aaron J. Shores

If you have chronic pain, please stay away from this man. I'm not even going to refer to him as a doctor because he should not even be practicing medicine. He didn't take the time to review my medical records, but gave me a diagnosis, which was a joke. If you're looking for a "chronic pain doctor" that's rude, arrogant, lacks compassion and empathy, then this is your guy. Made me feel completely defenseless and humiluated. Shame on you.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

The Staff is Fantastic. But I didn't go to see the Staff. Nueropothy, & Pinched Nerves were my problem. I went through Several Injections, a Spinal Stimulator Trial, and way to many office visits where nothing was accomplished. Several visits were just to tell him yes, I will do your next step.. when I respectfully declined to let him implant a Pain pump, his entire demeanor & Attitude changed., "well, we are done here" was his response. Just cut a Patient in excruciating pain loose without referring to a more advanced Doctor. I went for second opinion with another Doctor like Shores & he told me Shores had put NON-Compliant in my File?? I asked, what does that mean? Told me I must have abused pain Meds..???? So due to this one fact, & shores charging me twice for same Visit, ( yes, went to get out Trial spinal Stimulator & was also Med refill day. Nurse took out Stimulator in 2 Sec. Made me go to waiting room for 2 Minutes, called me back in and gave me prescription). Then I get bill in the mail for Co-Pay?? I called and talk to one of the ladies & to my surprise she said he does this all the time!! BC/BS said he can not do this, but yet he does. While he played around making sure he milked every penny from me & my Insurance Company, he overlooked The pinched nerves in my back being pinched off due to Arthritis, & that my entire spine was twisted.. their are other things he overlooked but these two were most important & Most painful. So, how Good a Doctor is Shores? He ranks just below snake oil salesman on my chart of Good Doctors. Shores is here for the almighty Dollar and nothing else. He has no compassion,nobedside Manor& Basic skills at best.. I moved on to DR. Nazzir, Neurologist. I'm with the Elzawahry Group. This Man found out these problems within first month of treatment. Although my problem is permanent & Irrepairable, he has really helped me in all the way he could..

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

HORRIBLE. Ignore all the staff written reviews about patients not getting their meds is the reason behind all his 1 star ratings. Been a patient for about 8 months, receiving 0 meds because i feel that the side effects of taking medications, especially pain meds daily forever is not worth the risk to me. The first appt after looking at mri, he said i had several issues. After his treatments failed to produce results and i wanted to know what other options i had, well then i was advised nothing was wrong with me and when i brought up the mri results, he then informed me that the mri was wrong and for me to leave.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Pleased with Dr. Shores and his staff in all ways. As a result of two epidurals and shots for bursitis I am back to exercising and not considering back surgery! The Chipley hospital staff assisting Dr. Shores were excellent as well. I highly recommend pain management with Dr. Shores.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

THE WORST PERSON IN WORLD. HE DOES DESERVE TO HAVE THE DR. IN FRONT OFF HIE NAME. HIS NAME SHOULD BE WASTE OF SKIN, DIRT,NOTHING ,WASTE OF OXGEN. YES SIR WE ARE STARTING A PETITION TO REMOVE THIS PIECE OF TRASH OUT OF MEDICAL FIELD THE LORD BE WITH US

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I went to Dr. shores to see if he could help me with a pinch nerve to get some relief. I was having to take pain meds to help with the pain. First appointment front desk said I woul have to reschedule my appointment because I didn't have my paperwork completed and they didn't have five minutes to spare formed to finish it. So I rescheduled and low and behold, he was more interested in weaning me off the pain meds than he was about helping me with my back! Not a doctor I would go back to.. Sure you want to get off the pan meds, which I have, but at the time, they were the only thing keeping half sane. Very bad bedside manner and unconcerned about your pain! Enough said

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Just read some of these reviews, sure wish I would have Before I saw him. This so called doctor also diagnosed me with depression and anxiety in a matter of minutes. He gave my ER scans a one minute scan, and totally dismissed my pains and symptoms. Thank God I ended up in MUSC ER. This man was a waste of time and money. What a shame whom we give our LIVES to. No sweat off his nose, I was billed regardless.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I've been to many doctors, but this guy is by far the worst. He is rude, arrogant, and unprofessional. I spent about 10 minutes with him, but his notes stated 1 hour. He must have been thinking about the waiting time. That's not the only lie he put in his notes. If you want to waste your time and money, go see him. I have no idea how he got a license to practice.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I went to this Dr for a consult from my Doctor. I did not go for drugs but to see if there is an alternate to meds for the pain. I have had several surgeries, and need help and guidance. He asked me if I drink several times, I do not drink. Asked who did my surgeries 25 years ago. And then said people think they will get better physicians if they go out of town, there are good physicians right here. I happened to live where I had the surgeries done. He is very arrogant and shushed me twice after he asked me a question. When you try to explain the situation he shuts you down by talking over you. In 5 minutes he told me I need to see a psychiatrist and just accept my medical condition. The pain isn't going away, and I need to learn to deal with it! He asked what I do for fun, my reply is nothing, I am pretty much in bed from the chronic pain. His response was I need to start making lemonade. And quit making those around me miserable. He came to all of these conclusions in a matter of minutes. Oh yes he said I need to be treated for depression. Wow I've been dealing with my condition for over 30 years . I went for some help. Treats people like idiots, would not take my dog to him, I love my dog to much. Steer clear of this pompous butt head, there are to many caring, doctors that care about their patents . By the way I am an elderly gentleman that does not drink, does not take drugs, is a professional in business and is not depressed. My wife sat there the whole time in total shock.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

It's nice to walk into a place and be greeted with a smile, laugh and "How can we help you today?" I was in crippling pain with what appeared to be one option for me. Surgery. Risky surgery. Sitting down and sketching out the details of my treatment with a positive outlook gives me hope. After one of the near instant results from a leading edge procedure which yielded positive gains without jumping into surgery! Now, my wife is joining me for treatments as well and look forward to a pain free future! Thank you Dr Shores, Aaron and your A-team! J & A Dossa

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015