Ratings for Dr. Steven L. MacKey

You may find a Doctor as good but wont find one any better than Dr. Mackey

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Had my first visit on a referral & found other than the wait time, all was very professional. Was impressed by the number of people that came & went and all seemed satisfied. His military bearing was very evident with being to the point, short on discussion, yet thorough & knowledgeable on my problem. He did a minor surgical procedure that was professional and well set up by his assistants so that his time was minimal. If a patient is looking for a lot of time & attention, another option is better, but if like me - one wants to get in & out w/o a lot of wasted time, Dr. Mackey is a good choice. I will return to him without the concerns I had from reading most of these ratings.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

This is by far the worst doctor I have ever been to in my entire life. His staff do nothing but talk about the patients while they're jn the waiting room for hours on end. He spends no time with his patients. He gets his nurses to come in the room to try to sell you stuff from a skincare line that they sell. And they are really snooty and caddy. After purchasing hundred or more dollars of products God forbid you ask them to throw a sample in your bag because they will get even more rude and won't give you one. You can never get an answer when you call his offices. It might take you two weeks of calling everyday to get an answer from someone and they are very rude over the phone. He was such in a rush with me that when he removed multiple moles off me he left bad scars. His nurses told me that he could only remove one mole per visit because they needed to keep billing my insurance company to cover them. Why? Because he's all about the MONEY and doesn't care about you! They sold me a second skincare set for oily skin. I have very dry skin! It didn't work for me and damaged my skin. I brought the products back in their office and asked for a refund in which before you swipe your card for hundreds they promise you a money back guaranteed. When I brought the stuff back the staff were very rude to me. Laughing at me, talking about me while I was sitting in the waiting room chair. They made me wait over 30 minutes and I had to get up to ask them what was taking so long. They then told me it'd be a month until they could give me a refund. It's been over a month and still no refund. I have called and called all of their offices and get no answer. Their voicemail tells you to not leave them a message. I finally got in touch with someone about it and she told me she couldn't help me and to call back next week. I check my mailbox the next day and I received a letter from their office. I was thinking it would be a refund and it wasn't. It was a letter typed up from steven mackey saying that he is no longer going to be my dermatologist and that I can't come back to their office and be seen. WOW! Really?! All because I asked nicely for a refund in their office for some products that didn't work for me?! PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND PRECIOUS TIME ON THIS LOW DOWN MONEY HUNGRY RUDE EGOTISTICAL HEARTLESS DOCTOR AND STAFF!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

My friend had melinoma. It was stage 4 and Dr. Mackey sent him immediately to a surgeon Dr. Foxhall. Dr. Mackey has never been anything but nice to my friend and his wife. He saved my friend's life. My friend and his wife admire and respect Dr. Mackey. All of those whiner ratings. If you don;t have time to wait don't go. Life is about waiting for something or on someone. I hear that Dr. Mackey is very knowledgeable. Give the guy a chance for goodness sake. to malign someone without cause is not a very christian attitude.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Horrible experience. I left without seeing the doctor after waiting 30+ minutes pasted my scheduled appointment. This doctor overbooks appointments and has no respect for his patient. Two other patients sitting in the waiting room stated he does this every time. Recommend finding another local dermatologist who values his/her patient's time.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

For someone in a wheel chair his waiting room is too small,you can not get between the chairs. Being he is only in Alexander City one day a week the staff has his office over booked, this results in to 2 hour waits.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

If I added anything here it would be a repeat of everyone else before me except...He totally missed my precancerous spot & hit my lip. Ask for a new dermatologist if you get assigned to him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I have taken my son to Dr. Mackey severaal times, both in his Prattville and Alex City office. He has been very helpful and considerate. I admit the wait time can be rather annoying, but I've been satisfied with his treatment. The last visit was an emergency visit, due to a staph infection. My son had been on medication for nearly 3 weeks with no improvement, our PCP called Dr. Mackey's office, they got him in the very next day and his treatment proved successful without all the side effects the other meds were causing.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

This is the worst doctor and staff I have ever come in contact with. They code my visit wrong and now want me to pay for it and the meds he gave me for my acne did not work. Will never use again. Tried to contact his office in Alex City, it took over a month before some would call, and they still did not correct the problem. STAY AWAY From his ALEX CITY office. Do NOT USE THIS MAN.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Does not spend much time with the patient.Seems to guess at what medicine will be effective

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Steven L. MacKey's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Alexander City, AL