Ratings for Dr. Maria T. Bigus

Excellent! Dr Bigus has been my doctor for 11 years. She is gentle, compassionate and most importantly extremely knowledgeable . I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

If I could give 0 stars I would. Not happy with this practice at all on mt pleasant drive in scranton. I felt like I was in a baby factory. They just push babies out on a line. They push too hard for c sections. And when you don't choose c section they try to make u feel like u will wish for a c section. I delivered a 9lb baby quite fine without a c section. They take too long to address an issue and when u have the baby they are too busy to help u. Their answer is go to the er that no drs are available. Really with a 2 month old and no family to help and husband out of state for work. I was never this sick after my first 2 babies and everything going wrong on my 3rd 9 weeks later. I really believe I should have gotten antibiotics after a d and e. I don't have a doctor degree but I am not new to having a baby and knowing what isn't right. I feel sorry for new mothers that don't know any different and fall into drs pushing them around. My dr in ny would have given me an ultrasound right then and there at my 6 week follow up. Not wait until after 8 weeks later and to find out after a d and e that they can't remove all of the placenta that was left behind. My delivering dr in ny didn't change shifts until I had the baby either but they do here at this practice. They didn't even help me get up after an exam at each of my prenatal visits knowing my back was killing me. They need to have more bedside practice.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I didn't actually get to se Dr. Bigus but her assistant Ashley. I will never ever go back to that place ever again. Ashley is horrible.last year I went in for my first Gyn. visit ever just for a regular check up and pap. She was so rough that the pain that she put me through made my monthly dismenorhea feel like nothing. I was bleeding for 4 days like I had my period after her exam and couldn't comfortably sit for a week. After the exam I was about to pass out from the pain. It took all I had to ask if everything looked ok because she said nothing. She said everything looked fine and left the room. Didn't ask if I was ok or needed anything. I was visibly not well. Do not got to this place!!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Do not go to this Doctor. She told me I had a rare cancer and she know nothing of it. The only great thing I got out of this was I met a wonderful Doctor in Allentown where she sent me asap. The specialist in Allentown was is a wonderful man. She is horriable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Best Doctor I have ever met. She is FANTASTIC. she just performed surgery on me and her skills and compassion have blown me away.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Bigus has always been so kind to me. She even hugs me at the end of my appointment. Very patient with all of my questions and listens to all of my concerns. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Dr. Bigus is a very cold doctor. Her follow-up stinks. I have had problems and the PA in the office helped immediately, Dr. Bigus had been aware of this problem for years and did nothing other than order tests and never call me with the results. I have always had to call for test results, they never call me. I need to see a specialist and after waiting weeks for the office to schedule it for me, I called and attempted to schedule it myself. I was told that the referring doctors office has to call. Months later and several phone calls, I still do not have an appointment with the specialist. I am glad she was not involved with either of my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Very unhappy with this doctor. She was so rude it sent me into a crying spree for hours. Made me feel like an idiot for asking questions. Even had the nerve to tell me she answered certain questions at my last visit. Besides all that she seems to have no idea about abnormal pregnancies. Switched my doc at 24 weeks and i refuse to see her again.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Didn't keep biopsy test results on file. Doesn't remember patients from one visit to another.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

After months of pain, I called for a copy of my ultrasound report which advised follow up procedure/imaging deemed necessary. She had this report when her nurse called and told me that the ultrasound showed nothing. I am in the process of finding a different doctor and group to go to.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

Dr. Maria T. Bigus's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal