Ratings for Dr. Thomas G. Saul

Dr Saul operated on my neck in 2012. I came to him unable to carry on my normal life and trying every other option. He recommended C5-7 fusion on Thursday and operated on me on Monday. He had some of the best bedside manners I have ever encountered in a doctor or surgeon and explained everything to both my husband and me. The surgery was a complete success and I have recommended Dr Saul to many people since then. He gave me back the ability to participate in my life!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Saul by my family dr. I got an MRI in April 2013 and drove them to Dr. Saul's office. Dr. Saul reviewed my MRI results and told me to go thru physical therapy. I had already done this and therefore declined and got an epidural instead. 6 months later my back pain was again very severe. I didn't want to get another epidural but wanted a 2nd opinion from Dr. Saul. I drove to Dr. Saul's office in November attempting to make an appt. In December, I was contacted by Dr. Saul's office and they asked me a bunch of questions prior to making the appt to which I answered. They told me that Dr. Saul may recommend physical therapy before he would see me. I was miffed at this and told them I just wanted to speak w/ someone "in the know" about my back due to the pain. They scheduled an appt. for 1/6/14. I was happy. I was called 3 days prior to appt. and was informed Dr. Saul wouldn't see me until I got a new MRI. Terrible planning and the staff was EXTREMELY rude.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Dr. Saul as the most horrible doctor I have ever been to in my life. I am 81 years old and he was RUDE, very cold and said I wanted "quick fix"...excuse me?? I have been through cancer, chemo, have lung problems and now in terrible pain since April, I have many herniated discs....I have been living with such pain and he says I want a quick fix?? Excuse me, but what kind of doctor are you?? Dr Saul should have the pain I am living with. He asked if I wanted a second opinion,,,,I said yes, he said fine and immediately got up and left the room. We waited an hour and a half in his office to see him with no one else there...he was with me for about 10 minutes tops. He's awful and I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

After a back injury I was refered to Dr. Saul, prio to even seeing me he ordered thearpy which did not help and when I finally did see him he was short, abrupt and I would consider him even rude. He recommeded surgery or if I choose epidural injections which I did and they helped. He told me when I needed another to let him know. I called with no response several times and then found out he would not even see me with out me having a new MRI which my primary MD said I did not need. Needless to say I would not recommend him to anyone for anything.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

He was all charming and nice until he realized I was not going to jump right into spinal surgery without a second opinion. He was extremely rude to me on the phone when called on a weekend in pain, yet upset when I switched my care to another physician in his group (who was the one of the kindest and most thorough I've seen throughout this whole ordeal) Dr Saul sees you as a surgical procedure and NOT a patient.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

I found him to be rude and not terribly knowledgeable about the neuro condition I suffered from. When I developed complications from the cranial surgery he performed, he dismissed me. I was later treated successfully by another neurosurgeon who specialized in the disorder and was able to recognize the symptoms. Dr. Saul tried to make me feel like I was crazy, when in reality he was uninformed.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

No personality; long wait to get an appointment; over an hour and 1/2 in waiting room. No recommendations, no follow-up, no care attitude. Bad day? Could have been but for both visits? Extremely disappointed !!!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008

Dr. Thomas G. Saul's Credentials

• Cincinnati College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1974)