Ratings for Dr. David A. Slater

Every single review on multiple sites reflect terrible reviews year after year on this "person", yet he is still practicing. I believe taking this to the news would be a great source to outcast this pathetic individual. A psych evaluation should be mandatory on him. Karma!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

This is someone who is obviously practicing medicine for the pay. He could give a care less about his patients especially if you have what he considers terrible insurance (Tricare). What he has failed to realize is that the military and their families serve this country 24-7. And should be treated with respect. He is horrible and I am quite surprised that no one has filed a complaint against him. He should quit practicing medicine and get lost in the Amazon Jungle.

Submitted January 29, 2015

I saw Dr. Slater for the second time today. I felt like he was completely uninterested in me or why I was there. I had a terrible experience with him on my first visit. So I am not sure why I went back. I was just getting my yearly physical so I thought I was safe with anyone. I sat in the waiting room for over 20 minutes. Never mentioned a word to me about my physical, never asked me a question about my health, but tried to sell me on some new allergy testing the clinic is doing. Mind you this was 3k+ I found him to be entirely rude. Not for any of the reasons mentioned below because I love a doctor that is a straight shooter. He argued with me about signing the form for my insurance after my "physical" was completed. A physical that consisted nothing more than peeing in a cup and some blood work. Some how I sat in his office for almost 2 hours. I felt like he was beyond disinterested and seemed like he was entirely miserable himself. I read a statement about him on another website stating why he was interested in medicine and It could not have been further from the truth. I think his staff knows he disinterested because the lady at the front desk pulled me aside to tell me that if I had a bad experience that their were other doctors she could have me see. I will never go back. I don't pay 100 a visit with insurance to not be seen by a doctor that gives a damn. When he walked in the office he looked like he had just rolled out of bed and when I asked him how he was he said he would be better if he were on a sail boat. Well... wouldn't we all. But as a doctor who sees patients all day, maybe it is time for him to be on that sail boat. He was also seeing like 5 rooms at the same time. I have never in my 30 years had an experience quite like this. I am frustrated. He was a joke.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

Doctor Slater is not for everyone. If you're a sensitive person who doesn't like to have conversations about non-medical stuff with your doctor, this is not the guy for you. If you want a brilliant mind who doesn't sugar coat things and will spend more time actually talking to you than staring at a computer screen; Slater is your guy. He can come off as rude because he doesn't baby people but if you need someone to tell you the honest truth about your health, you'll find Slater to be very refreshing. A couple people have stated that Slater pushes weight loss surgery and I have to say I'm surprised by that. I've been seeing him for 6 years and while medically obese he hasn't said a peep about weight loss surgery to me. Instead, he helped me create a food diary and put me in touch with a great chiropractor and physical therapist to help with my chronic pain. Dr. Slater has never made me feel rushed and always listens (and gives feedback) to whatever is on my mind.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

I agree with most of the recent feedback from others. Dr Slater has too many personal stories to share to the point that the dialogue about the medical condition is almost an after thought. Also on visit last week when I had heavy throat infection, he still wanted to push an allergy test even when I told him I already had done one few years ago.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

My wife and I have been using him for about a year. He's nice but there is always something he tries to push on you. Blood tests, stress tests, heart tests, weight loss program, vitamins. Visiting him is like visiting a mechanic. Always trying to sell something else. He'll spend two minutes talking to about why your there, five minutes about his personal life, and ten minutes trying to get you to get additional test or buy something. Of course he always has a referral card with his name on it or the clinic so you can get special pricing. He talked me into using his HCG weight loss program. That was $300 down the toilet. The nutritionist gave me 2 weeks of needles and HCG. After two weeks I went back to Dr Slater and found out the nutritionist quit. He would only give one week worth of needles. He wanted me to come in weekly ($35 visit) to get needles (After I paid $300) Need a refill for something basic..... that requires a Dr visit. Absolutely Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

He told stories about unrelated topics and complained of being tired a lot. I did not find him helpful or even get the feeling even really cared. He never gave a diagnosis or a hint of what my condition was nor did he suggest a specialist follow-up. I was supposed to get a CT scan and he escorted me to the hallway and after 30 minutes no one came out and I left. About an hour later they called me on my cell to ask if I was still in the building. My wife had a similar experience with him telling stories about family lineages and not really paying attention to her condition. Not sure what that guy is on but he is going to miss a big diagnosis some day.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Dr. Slater was great at first and then his attitude changed. He was a little short with me and kind of rude on multiple visits. Just went for general check ups. He spent the entire time talking about his weight loss program and trying to tell a dramatic story (which he repeated at my next two appointments). He also ordered an expensive cardio stress test and wouldn't explain why. $500 later the stress test was fine. He's always pushing Vitamin B shots and ordered a shot at every visit.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

I went to Dr Slater today for a ankle injury, after waiting for over an hour he barely looked at my ankle and spent the rest of the 30 mins talking about weight loss. He was more interestd in selling me his "weight loss" program than attending to reason for my visit..an ankle injury!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

Dr. David A. Slater's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1995)