Ratings for Dr. Peter D. Ambrose

I picked Peter Ambrose through reading great reviews. After being my childs doctor for 2 years he never grew on me and in fact the more he "treated" my child the more I disliked him. He was never professional in the way he talked to me or even my family. I didn't mind at first being a sarcastic person myself but it got to a point where he was unprofessional as a doctor. He never showed compassion. He never had concerns to figure out what was wrong with my child... And so much more that a doctor "especially a pediatrician" should express. I finally decided to move on after my child was hospitalized and he said he'll be fine and with a ton of unprofession comments and discharged us with out running further testing. I ended up back after calling 911 because of my child having a seizure and emergency team working on him and being transferred to a children's hospital because my son was very sick. I gave 2 years of treating my child to a man who could care less. So I write this for anyone looking for a decent doctor to look elsewhere unless you don't care that your child gets the care they deserve then he's your man. I found my child an AMAZING doctor that is the complete opposite of Dr. Ambrose

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Class A JERK!!! He asked us to see another Dr. When he was busy or out of town. We did , then began seeing that doctor more. Now that Dr was busy and ambrose was available only to go to his office and be told IN FRONT OF MY BOYS NOT TO BRING MY BOYS THERE AGAIN , since we are bring seen by another Dr. I told him he was the one that told us to do that. And Ambrose still has my boys medical records on file. So I got my boys dressed and walked out. What a great big jerk he is.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Doctor Ambrose has always gone beyond the call of duty. In 1969 - 1970 he cared for our two year old son who had very serious heart problems. "Captain" Ambrose was just as caring then as I read in the reviews now. Thanks to technology & the internet we located DR. Ambrose & my husband spoke with him today...the first time in 45 years! HEARTWARMING. A wonderful doctor, then and now. Thank you Doctor Ambrose.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Ambrose is an amazing doctor, he knows his stuff and is very good with children, you have to get used to his sense of humor, but he is very straight forward and tells you like it is, I don't want a sugar coating doctor, if something is wrong I want the truth. :) the staff is very nice and very informative also, I will continue to recommend and take my children to him for years to come! Thank you doctor Ambrose and staff!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

My 2 children when to Dr.Ambrose starting when my son was born by C-Section in July of 1986 until he was 15-16 yrs old. My daughter was 10 when my son was born and went to him also now takes my 2 grandsons to see him .If you add all the years up it's more then 26. We have always loved Dr.Ambrose and worry about the time when he retires because we will never find another Doctor as dedicated and caring as he.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Love doctor Ambrose! Very straight forward & gets to the point. Most of the time he answers my questions without me even asking & tries other remedies before prescribing meds which builds stronger immune systems! Has a great sense of humor & is very good with my 12 month old son.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Great Doctor. Will give you the 411 without fluff. He is very smart and if you do not want a vax he will respect your opinion, but prepare to make reason as to why.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Ambrose for five years now and just love him. He's great with all 3 of my boys and remembers them all by name. His staff is great and I can always get in to see him on the same day that I call. I recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

Dr. Ambrose is an excellent doctor, so is his staff. We love taking our daughter there.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Waiting for the appointment date was way too long. In addition, if you child does not have his/her vaccinations then Dr. Ambrose and his staff will turn you away at the door. The staff is rude, they do not run on time, no one is helpful and his lack of knowledge is almost embarssing. DR. Google can do a better job! Time to retire Dr. Ambrose, I would assume leave my child in the capable hands of DR. GOOGLE over Dr. Ambrose.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr. Peter D. Ambrose's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1966)

Lumenos