Ratings for Dr. James D. Atkinson

Dr. Atkinson is Ok, but he doesn't give you much time. His staff is terrible, just terrible. if you want to be treated like garbage then this is the place to go.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

I refused his partner seeing me. I prefer him and his PA-C to my patients. I've been at a healthy BMI thanks to him....

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

THANK YOU!!! I Feel like I have started my life... finally! It went way better than I could have ever asked. The doctor.. the hospital... the experience. Just do it! What are you waiting for?

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

You never get to see this doctor. His arrogant pompous attitude has lead to the death of my sister. Why don't people research the doctor in his death rate before they going in to an elective procedure.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Office staffs lacks a whole bunch Iam trying to find somebody else. If the staff treats you like you are a nobody before surgery how are they going to treat you after they have your money.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Atkinson operated on me in 2005. I had gastric bypass surgery, which this genius of a doctor, completed in only 50 minutes! He was very personable and caring taking a great deal of time for me both before the surgery to reassure my fears as well during my after care. After meeting Dr. Atkinson, I was confident that this surgery would be a success and that it would not only save my life but greatly raise the quality of my life. His knowledge and skill made my surgery a success. His resonating confidence gave me the courage to follow through to lose the weight. Many morbidly obese patients suffer from mental illnesses. Not all are weeded out during the psychological evaluation. A surgeon cannot be held accountable for the mental illness of some of his patients. Nor can a surgeon be held accountable for a patient re-gaining the weight that was initially lost. It is easier to lash out at a surgeon than to evaluate oneself as to the psychological need to over eat.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

I got the band 3 years ago. I can't fault the doctor, as it was good for first year. HIS STAFF is my problem, as they will not return my calls or put me on hold not to return. I have major pains, I'm back up to presurgery weight, and I want this thing out of me. They will not help me, and no other doctor will help me because they didn't do the surgery. My copay was $2000.00 . Total cost around $16.000. I don't care about money. I just want this out. It was a huge mistake. My gag reflex now makes me vomit a lot, and I sometimes can't stop. Food gets stuck, and it somehow ruined my tastebuds. And since I'm up to pre-surgery weight, I want this out of me. I haven't been able to ''SEE'' the doctor since the surgery date. He's always "unavailable.''

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

My mother, Judy Meneice, died at age 59 after Dr. Atkinson performed surgery on her. As she pleaded for help from the pain Dr. Atkinson did not make it back to see her for 24 hours. By then it was too late.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008

Dr. James D. Atkinson's Credentials

• German

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Delta Dental