Ratings for Dr. Dennis C. Abella

The doctor does not seem to listen. Abrupt and not friendly

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Unfriendly, staff was rude. Would not refill medications

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I've been with Dr Abella since 1988, he has given me the best of health as well as sound advice for any questions I've had.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I have been with Dr. Abella since 1988 and have found him to be more than competent thru a variety of issues. He has always taken time to completely answer questions and explain related issues to medical conditions. I have always found him and his staff responsive to emergent issues.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Visiting Dr. Abella is a mistake. He does not work with families of elderly patients in any way - he won't even return phone calls. DO NOT see this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Doctor Abella has been my doctor since about 1998. He as always been pleasant, helpful, knowledgable, and Punctual. His staff has always treated me with the utmost respect. He's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

I have been in Dr. Abella's office about 5 times and every time i was giving the office another chance. This time i called to get some information and the office employees were extremely rude. One of the employee hung up on me while i was talking to her. SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!! When i called back office manager did't even care or would't listen about the person who hung up the phone and im not even mentioning any type of apologies. UNACCEPTABLE! Dr. Abella is very pleasant. Does he know how to help patients? Im not sure. He is just nice and very quiet. I hope he knows about his unprofessional office employees and will do something about it. I have few friends and family going to that office and i will make sure they will never go there again including myself.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Abella for 16 years and have always been very happy with him. When I had knee replacement surgery, he came to see me every morning. He wasn't my surgeon, and I didn't tell him when I was having it done. Whenever I have an appointment with Dr. Abella, he always takes his time to examine me and answer all of my questions. I moved out to Gilberts 5 years ago and could have easily changed doctors since I live 5 minutes from Sherman Hospital, but I'd rather be a little bit inconvenienced than leave Dr. Abella. My only problem isn't with Dr. Abella, but with his office and nursing stall. Except for Rebecca, I would have prefered he kept his previous staff. They were like one big happy family. Rebecca is the only one left. Staff not withstanding, Dr. Abella is the best around, bar none.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

I have been going to Dr Abella for about 8 years. He has so many patients that he sometimes seems to be running from room to room. He does listen to you, sometimes he is a bit short about things. He is personable. His staff is horrible. Not friendly at all.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. Dennis C. Abella's Credentials

• Spanish

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1980)

AHC