Ratings for Dr. Bruce B. Mclucas

I had uterine fibroid embolization and was pleased 100% with the doctor, staff and the results. This was about 3 years ago.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I am a patient of DR Bruce Mclucas the last 14 years.He's unique inventive procedure helped me to save my uterus,when everybody else want to do hysterectomy.Because I have no insurance he work with me to lower the office visit,so he can check me often.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

They tell you one thing and then they do another. Be very careful with the billing in this office and get everything in writing. I went for a second opinion and the next thing I know, they wanted vials of blood for lab work so that the doctor can get a better indicator of your current health. They don't give you anytime to think about it. They DON'T explain the extra costs you might be responsible for. They rush you through the process so you don't have time to think. The doctor comes in and spends 5 minutes with you. Next thing you know, they want to schedule a date for the procedure. I declined the procedure because I wanted to think about it and discuss with my husband. Months go by and WHAM, I get a bill from the lab they used on site for over $500 for lab work. They constantly call to inquire as to when you want the procedure done. They are not as nice and accommodating when you don't schedule a procedure. All of sudden, you are patient "Who?"

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

I came from the east coast to have laparscopic and hysterscopic myomectomy, and a uae done for fibroids. Dr Mclucas and his staff treated me like gold. He was strickly business. Being from the east coast doctors usually have the nurse to talk to the patient.But he would talk to me personally. He is a perfectionist and his work speaks for itself. I've had no problems since surgery. And i would seek his service again. He performed both surgerys in the same week and i flew back east with no problem.Any questions i had he answered and he even gave me his cell phone number if i had any problems. I wish he had a office on the east coast,because we dont get that treatment here.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

I’ve been a patient of Bruce McLucas for 10 years, and yes his bedside manor is not always warm and fuzzy and he does bicker with the staff often. However, he is the best surgeon I know, and I know many. I’ve suffered with endometriosis, fibroids and ovarian cysts for many years. McLucas has operated on me several times and the results have been excellent. His techniques are usually very innovative and much less invasive then other surgeons. That reduces recovery time and complications. He is definitely a leader in gynecological surgery. Before I found him I had a laparoscopy by a well known doctor at Cedars, who punctured my colon and didn’t help me for several days as I almost died. Finally, Bruce is easy to reach. He answers e-mails almost immediately and picks up the phone when you need to talk to him.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Several years ago I went in to Dr. McLucas to get a second opinion about an ovarian cyst. His office was in a uproar with him yelling at his staff to find his lost hysteroscope . As I went in for the exam, the nurse said, "Now you're here for fibroids (the doctor's specialty), right?" I said, "No, I'm here for a cyst." The doctor said he could remove the cyst on an outpatient basis. Two weeks before the surgery he calls me from his cell phone. (Which kept cutting off as he was driving through Laurel Canyon.) He wanted to do the surgery sooner, within days, but wouldn't say why the sudden rush. I said no. A few days later, the hospital calls to confirm my surgery and talks about admitting procedures. I said it was supposed to be outpatient surgery. I cancelled the surgery and never went back to this guy. I subsequently had the cyst removed elsewhere. There were no fibroids to be seen. I would not recommend Dr. McLucas to any friend or family member. His quirks do not inspire trust.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

I made an appointment for fibroid consultation and was told I"d be billed for $100 instead I was billed for $410 worth of servies that I am now disputing. I told the Dr. I was thinking of getting a 2nd pap smear due to a concern and now he has billed me for a pap smear and lab. I will go to court if necessary. I am stressed about this and his staff riducled me saying how could they have results if a pap smear was not performed. I was in his office two hours and met with him maybe 10 minutes. At one point he went in the hall and I could hear him discussing a trip to South France. He may have a Harvard degree but he has terrible bedside manner and has a profit center that doesn't care about patients.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

Dr. Bruce B. Mclucas's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Secure Horizons