Ratings for Dr. John H. Wheeler

I started going to Dr Wheeler about 3 years ago, after putting up with an incompetent, imperious windbag whose biggest plus that he was close to our house, and on the way to work for my wife. He made some real basic mistakes on some totally black and white medical issues, and was defensive when you asked him any questions, and would refer you to his golf buddies for tests when it was very clearly not needed. OTOH... Dr Wheeler has a great sense of humor (he needs one with me, I put up with zero incompetence and especially condescending BS) perfect demeanor, and knows when to say there are grey areas in any decisions he advises about. I was very impressed. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

absolutely love this doctor! best pcp in NH!! My husband and I used him as our pcp and now that are kids are older, they are using him too. Takes all the time you need and is very thorough.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

Dr. Wheeler is an amazing doctor. He will take all the time that you need. I went to see him 5 years ago because he was part of the practice that I go to. He was not my primary care at the time, but after that 1 appointment, he now is my pcp. He is very knowledgeable & very caring. Dr. Wheeler will take all the time you need for him to explain things to you. He's simply wonderful!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Dr. Wheeler is one of the best doctors I've ever seen. He's gentle but gets the job done. He takes his time with you and shows respect for your understanding of your own body. Excellent PCP. Have had difficulties with his nurse with inaccuracies on several occasions. Why should the physician's rating be affected by his staff?

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

Takes his time, listens, confident but humble, very good PCP. Staff rating above affected by one negative experience with one staff who was condescending to Dr. Wheeler. I've been going to him for 10 years and he's really a good doctor. (All other staff have been very pleasant.)

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

One of the best Dr's you will find. You get his undivided attention and feel you are in very good hands. He if very accomindating at getting his patients seen.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

I like Dr. Wheeler a lot. Very nice guy. Its hard to right something critical about him. His expertise questionable. After getting a physical, it didn't feel like he did a thorough job.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008

Very knowledgeable, caring physician. Has an excellent demeanor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

Dr. John H. Wheeler's Credentials

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 19131 (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Derry, NH