Ratings for Dr. Hemant Shirali

Dr. Shirali performed both my total knee replacements for me. I had my right knee replaced in 2013 and my left knee was done in May this year. He did a great job, along with follow up checkups and both my knees recovered normally and well over a short period of time. I’m so glad that I have no more arthritis knee pains and no more taking drugs. I'm grateful to Dr. Shirali for giving me back my quality of life. His office is very busy and efficient as well as his secretary. Thank you Dr. Shirali!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Dr Shirelli replaced both my hips and I have had an excellent outcome. He always gave me excellent care

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

He did a horrible job with my grandmother's knee replacement surgery in September 2008. My grandmother was told by several surgeons that she is simply unable to undergo any surgery yet this clueless fool took the silly risk of doing the surgery which did nothing but made my grandmother more handicapped and immobile.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I had both my knees replaced on Sept 7 2016 and found Dr.Shirali did a great job and have played golf and tennis since.He was very helpful and was there for me every day checking up on me. Thank you Dr.Shirali.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Dr. Shirali was instrumental during my preparation, surgery and post op for the total knee replacement. I was very fortunate to have a doctor that has great bed side manners and is so knowledgeable in his field. I have many unusual allergies and Dr. Shirali with the pre-op team ensured me of safe practices before, during and after the surgery regarding medications and medical materials. his administrative assistant Angeli, is wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr. Shirali performed surgery on my daughter's right foot in February. She required 2 metal plates and 16 screws. It was a bad break. She was in a cast for a long time and then had to do physiotherapy. Dr. Shirali did an excellent job. He was honest, pleasant and caring throughout. My daughter is only 20 and of course we had concerns about mobility and full use of her foot. She has made a wonderful recovery and we owe our gratitude to Dr. Shirali and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I had a partial tear in my MCL three months ago. Each of my 3 visits to Dr. Shirali was extremely rushed. After three hours of waiting, the Dr. saw me for no more than 3 minutes each for my torn MCL. His attitude and bedside manor was very poor. After prescribing physiotherapy, he did not refer me to anyone. I found my own sports physiotherapist who helped me recover greatly and I am now back to full strength and range of motion in my leg. When returning to Dr. Shirali for a final follow up, he yelled at me for listening to the advice of my physiotherapist not to wear a knee brace anymore. He threatened to "document me" for non compliance with his regimen to wear a knee brace, which was never explicitly explain to me how long it would be required for. I will not return to this doctor ever again. The only thing that was good about my experience was getting an MRI through the hospital. On my initial visit to him, he also refused to sign my WSIB form in a timely manor which would allow me back to work on modified activities. He stated he would do the forms within the next three weeks and would charge me $20 for them. His staff never got back to me with the forms. I got tired of waiting and went to see another orthopedic surgeon at Mt. Sinai who was able to give me a second opinion, and ended up doing the forms for me on the spot.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I am a patient of Dr. Shirali. I am very pleased with the care I have been given both at the appointments in his office and fracture clinic. I was very confident going into the surgery because of his knowledge and skill level. I am pleased with my progress in recovery after having a total knee replacement.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I am Dr Shurali's patient since May 2012. Very pleasant to talk to. Thank you Dr Shirali and Thank you Anjali for all your help

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I saw Dr Shirali's twice for a torn meniscus. The first time he told me my problem wasn't my meniscus, that it was my patella catching and clicking...everyone's knee clicks, he said. I had an MRI for him to check. It became worse, and I returned. He booked me for another MRI. He was reading my MRI for quite some time, and then realized he was looking at the wrong MRI! He still insisted it wasn't my meniscus. I decided to get a 2nd opinion from Stephen McMahon who said after looking at the MRI, of course it's your meniscus! I had surgery and I'm all fixed up. Go to Dr. McMahon! BTW, Shirali's secretary is his wife. She isn't going anywhere. And yes, she is incredibly rude, short, unfriendly. Dr. Shirali was quite nice, that much I can say.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014