Ratings for Dr. Charlene Sabin

She needs to be stopped. She gave custody to a sociopath who was actually kicked out of the Air Force. He is on his third wife, 5th kid (out of wedlock) and exposed my granddaughter to countless step-mothers. He is abusive and a pathological liar. He was exposed as a master manipulator and my granddaughter and his other kids are still paying for Sabin's incompetence. A real psychiatrist has helped now 2 of his ex-wives because they both suffer from PTSD inflicted by this man. My ex-son-in-law practically wrote Sabins report as everything he told her was written in her report. He is a sick individual and it comes from a lifetime of abuse by his mother. CYFD has opened countless cases against him and has ordered him to 7 types of counseling. We paid for the case to be heard in the New Mexico courts. They have his number as 2 ex-wives have 2 separate cases with 2 separate judges. Thanks to Dr. Sabins horrible evaluation, it has cost us tens of thousands of dollars to expose this man. By the way, she was enamored by my ex-son-in-law because he was a dental student at OHSU. Guess what he has been fired from every dental job he has had in New Mexico as well as the Air Force, which your taxes paid for this education. Shame on you Dr. Sabin. You may be able to sleep at night, but the children of this man can't when they are with him. She claimed my daughter would have exposed her daughter to potential step fathers, however dear Sabin, this young man has a whole cell phone full of names of sleepover partners of which this phone is the one he gives his daughter to use and expose her to his personality disorder!!!! If you such a great pediatric behaviorist--give up evaluating for the courts--you are incompetent to do so!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

**please email me at sabineval@outlook.com if you are willing to speak with me.** Dr. Sabin's work - from my understanding - used to be what a separated family with conflict needed: fair, balanced, unbiased, investigations to get to the heart of the matter. Figure out what is best for the kids and allow the family to move forward with a plan that gives the children a future that will let them flourish while encouraging the participation of both parents (as long as there is no legal reason not to). She used collateral contacts, objective assessments, interviews and her education as well as scientific/evidence based standards to arrive at this answer. Her reports were clear, concise and complete and the family courts benefitted from her expertise. THOSE.DAYS.ARE.GONE. In the last few years, she has been able to spit in the face of the description I gave above and go undetected because the court system trusts her by reputation....and who are we besides a bunch of disgruntled parents who don't like what she had to say? My kids and I have been exposed to this woman because BY REPUTATION she was who we needed: an MD with experience in child psych and a ton of knowledge about Autism, kids with special needs and as a parent coordinator, she knew the importance of playing to each parent's strengths. With a 'few' (hundred) of these under her belt, I was told she knows how to wade through the shaky stories, flimsy excuses and put together the real story by connecting the dots. My lawyer spent $10's of thousands preparing our supportive documents to lay it all out for her and tie it in a bow...all she had to do was look at the pictures, read the emails, follow the timelines and make notes about the promises made but broken. SHE.DIDN'T.DO.THAT. Instead, she fell short of a psych eval of the parents - but not short of diagnosing us both, she lied about what we said to her in her report, she wasted our kids' and the court's time by taking 3 set overs to get a report that changed from her verbal to the time of draft, she was biased based solely on reports each parent gave, she took standard form answers from a couple of collaterals but made no attempt to reach out for clarification or the rest of the story (the form didn't allow for 'additional info'), she criticized my reasons for documentation and proof instead of looking at the fact there was WAS PROOF. She admitted to not reading all of the supportive documents and chuckled at me when I told her - joke or not - it is NEVER funny to tie a child up. I have been told by more than 1 professional that she should be done; she is washed up and burnt out. I have also been told that there are lawyers that now only use her when their client is of a specific profile but not because she will produce a good evaluation - only because it's their only way to win. Is this what we want for the next generation that, by no fault of their own, had parents that couldn't make it work? I think there are people that should NEVER have had children....that may take more than a parenting evaluation. But, I think there are also people that are mostly good but can't see past the end of their own nose to see what is best for their kids. A 3rd party is who is supposed to help!!!!! Take away the bitterness, take away the need to wield the control of the children, take away the conflict just to brood...focus on the children and raise them to be the amazing human beings they can be. Without it, effective tools are lost, kids are at a disadvantage, relationships are left wanton, and bitterness continues to thrive. Sabin is no longer a person that can do this service for Portland, OR and the surrounding areas. Unfortunately, her reputation and the court's lack of time and commitment to truly helping families has given parenting evaluations such a weight in family law cases that these reports have become worth MORE THAN their weight in gold. Please, I ask you to join me. Email me at the address and talk to me. Let's stop this. My family is broken, I am broke and Sabin's report produced such a scenario that we will never recover. Let's NOT let us let this happen to more people. I have made contact with people and they are listening. Is it not sad to hear that a board she isn't even certified with knows her first name when you mention her last name to see if you can file a report? SHE.NEEDS.TO.BE.STOPPED.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

This woman needs to retire before she ruins another child's life!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Why do the Complaints about this woman seem to disappear???

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Charlene Sabin is a person with no moral compass. She is a liar and works for various different attorneys and right or wrong goes their way. She is not licensed to do mental evaluations and then can lie about the results. Charlene Sabin destroys families and never gives it a second thought.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

She is extremely biased, sides with hiring party, in my opinion she should lose her license, she stated I had a far better relationship with my daughter but still sided with my ex, ignored documents from a reputable therapist stating my son was suicidal in my exes care and claimed I made him say he felt that way, even though he saw a therapist for 4'years and never waivered, police reports of assault on me were ignored, his felony record ignored, pictures of abuse (which CSD said to take) she claimed insane things about why I would take the photos

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

We had to see Dr. Sabin because my fiancé ex hired her for a parenting evaluation. She was unprofessional and bias. She refused to listen and she put no value on what the children wanted or what they said to her. Dr. Sabin's first question was who wanted the evaluation. As soon as we stated the ex her report 100% sided with the hiring party. We warned her that the ex would pull the wool over her eyes and she did exactly that. She lied in the interviews with Dr. Sabin and then as soon as the report was filed with the court revealed her life circumstances changed and threw the children into a free fall. Dr. Sabin is horrible. I would not recommend her to anyone. I agree with other's. She is a hired gun and does not look at the data that is supplied to her. Her assistant is horribly rude.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

We had to see Dr. Sabin because my ex hired her in child custody hearing. She was absolutely incompetent, and luckily it wasn't difficult for my lawyer to tear her testimony to shreds. She didn't even TRY to pretend that she was interested in anything my daughter or I had to say, and you can forget about her contacting anyone who has a medical history with your child if you aren't the one who hired her. She's a hired gun who's had her day. You take your chances if you hire her as your "expert". She's sure enough of herself that she can make herself believed - so long as she doesn't actually have to explain herself. A one trick pony hack.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

I am surprised that my comment on Dr. Sabin was not posted and I am trying to do it again. I was referred to her by Dr. Dudley in 2007 and therefore required to participate in her "therapies" by court. I have never met any expert that could be so unprofessional and incompetent, negligent to my child, biased, and greedy. She is also dishonest and able to lie easily within her testimonies in court! She was rude and put all pressure of her unpleasant personality on me and my child. She was put out of my case in 2008 by the first supplimental judgment, but continued to meet with my child in violation of the court order, since my ex-husband continued to bring my child to her appointments sicretly. I suspect that she even unofficially was advising on my case in his favor to the judge in 2011 regarding the latest modification of parenting time and insuring the favorable for him outcome, confusing the judge who officially rendered her homage not knowing even that she was already pressed out.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

Dr. Charlene Sabin's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1977)