Ratings for Dr. Scott G. Petrie

Dr Petrie and his staff are great. I've unfortunately had to see him a lot over the past 8 years. He has put me back together every time. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr Petrie seems to be an adequate sports medicine Doctor but could not handle my injury and had to refer me to an Orthopedic Specialist in Baton Rouge. His staff however, are completely rude and have very shady business practices. They over charge you in advance and then ignore all of your calls when you ask for a refund that your insurance states they owe you. I would not recommend him to anyone based on this.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I found him condescending to me when I explained that medication he prescribed had no effect. He didn't listen to me as an individual, and I felt like I was on a conveyor belt going through his office.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Had a excellent visit and was treated very well. I would recommend him to family and friends!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Excellent visit / wonderful staff / Helpful knowledgeable Doctor

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

I didn't particularly like the policy of having to pay $10.00 per insurance form for Dr Petrie to fill them out before he sends them off. Some forms have 5 pages. Thats $50.00 cash out of pocket you have to pay for. The staff was a little rude but they are getting better the more I go for follow up visits. The office is slow to respond to insurance companies requests. Dr. Petrie is a great doctor and I will continue to use him.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

We didn't even make it past the waiting room. It was more important to have $500 up front before being seen. The staff are rude, unhelpful and cocky. Shame the hypicratic oath boils down to money! Won't use this office ever again.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

His staff are a bunch of kids that has very limited knowledge and poor people skills. Dr. Petrie has been fantastic. After a very smoothe surgery I had to move to another state, and he still cared for me, seeing me when I came in and ANYTHING that happened while there he made sure to give me information over the phone. He is always friendly and did a great job on my surgery. I reccomend him to everyone. All of my family sees him and they are all very happy with him.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr. Scott G. Petrie's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1992)

Kaiser-Permanente