Ratings for Dr. Lockett W. Garnett

I couldn't do without Dr. Garnett!! He gave me a new right knee in 2008 and I've done great!!Getting ready to have the left knee done! And his nurse's Cindy and Jennifer are so caring!!!! I recommend Dr. Garnett for any joint surgery.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

My surgeon is the best. His work is impeccable & he has my complete confidence in him. I would never go to anyone else. My hip replacement was perfectly handled in an emergency situation & I am so glad he was able to help me. He's the greatest!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I had experienced over 10 years of pain in both knees before I went to Dr. Garnett for surgery. I was treated with utmost respect, everything was thoroughly explained to me. I requested both legs done at once but due to my age (75) Dr. Garnett was reluctant to do it but finally agreed. He has since told me it was the best thing I could have done. My care at St. Mary's could not have been better. My aftercare with Dr. Garnett was so great. The staff has always been very attentive and the physical therapy was A+. Not much more that I can say except, I sure did choose the right Dr. and staff for this complex surgery. By the way I am getting along great since Aug 20, 2014 PAIN FREE......yay!!... I WAS GIVEN MY LIFE BACK...Thank You Dr. Garnett and Staff.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

1. Dr. Garnet is without a doubt the worst listener I've encountered. 2. Prescribed the same medication as most recent visit. Either too lazy to check the chart or too rushed. 2. Office is as close to a cattle call as I've seen.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

my boyrfriend was told to have the knee surgery so he could go back to playing soccer. he hasn't been able to walk since the surgery, over a year ago. garnett spent no time with us at each visit. he went back and doctored the notes when we said we'd be leaving. all notes were then changes to the current day's timestamp, proving his edits. i don't know why the doctor didn't think we'd figure that out. we'll have to sue him to feel at peace, this past year has been awful with my young 20something boyfriend hobbling in pain. I can honstly say that I think garnett is a phony doc, slept through med schoo, and could give a crap about any of his patients. even a man crying in pain doesn't appeal to this blackhearted **** - he was always in and out of the room in just seconds, never giving us a clue what was going on. we're now seeing dr. keeneth zaslav to fix what garnett screwed up.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Did an X-ray of my spine, and told me that I had "the spine of a 72 year old woman" (I was 38 at that time and male). He then ordered a complete bone scan and bone density scan, both of which were absolutely normal. All he had to say was, "I must have looked at it (the X-ray) too fast"! Never listened to me as a patient. He was in and out of the exam room in literally under 3-4 minutes. On the last visit I was in so much pain that I was crying, and he just walked out of the room without a word. I had seen this MD after a work related back injury which was severe enough to keep me out of work for 5 months, so I saw him on a regular basis. Absolutely no compassion and, even worse, gave me a totaly unnecessary scare, and unneeded testing - with the bone scan requiring a radioactive isotope to be injected into me! Never again! By the way, I am a professional nurse.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2007

I thought his "bedside manner" was poor--he displayed an arrogant air.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2007

Dr. Garnett has great bedside manner, but he is not as skilled as other surgeons in the area. He performed a total knee replacement on my mother 5 years ago and she has not been free of pain since then. I moved to Richmond 4 years ago and am a home care physical therapist, so I see a lot of joint replacements just out of the hosptial. Dr. Garnett's patients consistently have more severe post-operative pain and swelling and slower recovery times than other patients that I see. I'd recommend Fred McGlynn, Douglas Jessup, Richard Worland or Anthony Shaia. Their patients have consistently good outcomes.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2007

Has wonderful bedside manner. Very knowledgeable. Informs patients of all options

flag | Submitted January 29, 2007

Dr. Lockett W. Garnett's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)