Ratings for Dr. Donald H. Kutner

I went to Dr. Kutner for 1 year. He has an OD, so he's more holistic than many other doctors I've met, which is a plus. I liked this doctor because he was willing to try any medication to control my symptoms and see what worked best. In response to another comment on here, he never had an issue with his mannerisms. I will say he did not provide patient education, and I have to question if he is knowledgeable to educate? And i feel that as the first dr with onset of a chronic illness he should have given a lot more/some education. I didn't even know my condition what chronic until i did research and asked him 4 months into symptoms. Of the five Gastros I've been to, he does a thorough GI assessment every session. I would recommend this dr but with reservation.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

horrible doctor that lacks bed manners or experience

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

Very poor bedside manner. Doesn't seem to listen to patient concerns. Extremely narrow minded. Never followed up after tests. That is just unacceptable.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Going against three different people to steer clear of this doctor I went anyway. Stupid. This doctor is simply not willing to look at any of the circumstances surrounding a patient's needs and ONLY cares about doing the colonoscopy. I went with my husband and my newborn and explained to him that I was 100% breastfeeding and had questions about the laxative I would need to take and the sedation that would be used during the procedure. The response was a long drawn out story about his nicknames as a child and other nonsense. When I tried to contact his office with other requests I was stonewalled at every turn. I even worked with the hospital (Valley) patient advocate to resolve other problems and when they finally agreed to special needs, the doctor would NOT allow it!!! The office called to confirm the procedure and we explained why we canceled. The staff said the doctor had no way to know that we had a newborn. (REALLY? WE HAD HIM IN THE EXAM ROOM WITH US!!!).

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

I'VE KNOWN HIM FOR OVER 20 YEARS - HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN EXCELLENT DIAGNOSTICIAN AND HIS BEDSIDE MANNER IS SOFT-SPOKEN AND CARING

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Dr. Donald H. Kutner's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1977)

Alliant Health Plans