Ratings for Dr. Patrick D. Nunnelly

I began seeing Dr. Nunnelly when I was 18 years old (thanks to the high recommendation from my mother who began seeing him when she was pregnant with my sister and me). When my husband and I decided to have our first child, I knew hands-down that I wanted to continue seeing Dr. Nunnelly. My pregnancy was high risk due to blood pressure complications and I was in the office twice a week most of my third trimester. Though I was there frequently, I never got the feeling of "same thing, different day". He was always very thorough and answered every question without making me feel rushed. Shortly after delivering our first child, my husband and I decided that we were ready to give our daughter a sibling. We had no idea what kind of struggle we were about to deal with. After trying on our own for two years without any success, I decided to call Dr. Nunnelly for help. After one visit, we were able to rule out my husband as being the issue in our infertility. Dr. Nunnelly explained to me that female infertility was more difficult to pinpoint, but he was very positive and encouraged me to continue moving forward. I spent two years in and out of his office receiving numerous check ups and tests before achieving a successful second pregnancy. I shed many tears in his office during my struggle with secondary infertility, but was always treated with compassion and dignity. He has always been very understanding and empathetic and with each visit, I grow more and more fond of Dr. Nunnelly (and his staff). I am very proud to call him my doctor and feel very fortunate that he has delivered not one, but both of my girls. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone looking for excellence in obstetrics and gynecology.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Nunnelly for several years. Due to fertility issues, we have spent some of the most frustrating and heartbreaking moments in our lives in his office. Through all the ups and downs, Dr. Nunnelly and his staff were always there to guide us with kindness, compassion, and at times, a shoulder to cry on. He and his staff helped us through these tough times and finally celebrated with us on the birth of our beautiful little girl. During my pregnancy and delivery, Dr. Nunnelly and his team provided us with terrific care. He is one of the most patient and kind doctors I have ever met. He and his staff are very knowledgeable, as well as caring. I highly recommend Dr. Nunnelly, his staff, and Seton Main. Our delivery experience could not have gone more smoothly. Everyone provided us excellent care, took all the worries away, and truly made the birth of our daughter a time to celebrate!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Dr. Nunnelly and his staff are top notch. They are very attentive and compassionate. Always felt very well informed and very confident in the care I received.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Dr. Nunnelly is very knowledgeable, experienced, reassuring, patient, and kind. I would recommend him to my friends and family. His staff is great, and his excellent working relationship with Seton is very clear. Delivering at Seton Main was a great experience, and I would recommend it to friends and family.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I have one word! Wonderful!! He is an amazing physician who cares about his patients like they were family~

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Recently I had a hysterectomy performed by Dr. Nunnelly. I have been a patient of this practice for 30 years. My daughter was delivered by a former doctor there, who has since retired. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Nunnelly's skills.I have found the communication between patient and doctor to be extremely good. I have received calls from both Dr. Nunnelly and his nurse on several occasions to deliver test results and check on my progress. I have never felt rushed with Dr. Nunnelly, which can often be the case in large practices. Dr. Nunnelly explained everything to me clearly and I knew what to expect and what happened was just as he had explained. I went through this experience without any problems. I recommend him highly, and he is highly recommended by other doctors and hospital staff also.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Dr. Nunnelly is a kind, thorough, and gentle doctor. I appreciate how laid back and efficient he is. As someone who experienced unexpected life threatening complications following the delivery, I trust Dr. Nunnelly with my life. I was told by more than one doctor that I was lucky to be in the care of Dr. Nunnelly and his staff because not just any doctor could have saved my life. My family was very pleased with his waiting room manners. They said he was very calm, informative, and honest about my condition. Two days following the delivery, one of the nurses called my hospital room on her day off to see how I was doing. Dr. Nunnelly called me two weeks later to see how I was doing. I have never felt more cared for by a doctor. I can thank Dr. Nunnelly for my life and my son's life and will passionately recommend him to anyone. The only thing I noticed that needs improvement is wait time. I usually had to wait an hour before seeing him.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

I have been a patient of the OB/GYN Group of Austin for 20years.I moved to Dr.Nunnelly after Dr.Buckman retired in 2000.Dr.Nunnelly is an incredible doctor that not only has experience&expertise providing excellent medical care, but has an understanding of women that astonishes me with each visit.Dr.Nunnelly cared for me thru the birth of my youngest at age 40!I recently had a hysterectomy & bladder sling operation,by Dr.Nunnelly.Surgery went well and I must say,my life has changed!No more leaky bladder!No more pads.I highly recommend this procedure if you have problems,and I very highly recommend Dr. Nunnelly!His bedside manner once again made everything ok.My 13 yr old daughter recently had a lump in her breast.I rushed her in to see Dr.Nunnelly(they got us in that morning)I didn't want to waste any time with the pediatrician,Dr.Nunnelly knew immediately that it was bruising(we determined it was from hitting the gym floor in volleyball).I am so thankful for his immediate attention.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

blew off my pregnancy complications until a day or two before i gave birth, when i was diagnosed with preeclampsia. didn't seem to believe my answers when he did ask. not super friendly and now i feel its to the point of being dangerous. ignored my birthing requests to my detriment.generally flippant. i kept giving him the benefit of the doubt, but that was a mistake.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

Dr. Nunnelly was fantastic. He took the time to carefully study my previous pregnancy's complications (even contacting my previous doctor in North Texas to conference about specifics) and establish a plan for my current pregnancy. He was polite, proactive, and gave us the guidance we needed to not only carry my baby full term, but also to have an extremely positive birthing experience. I'd recommend him to anyone living in the Austin and Central Texas area.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Dr. Patrick D. Nunnelly's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1977)

Workers Comp