Ratings for Dr. Rebecca C. Auer

I love her so much, Doctor Auer saved my life! I was blessed to have her as my Surgeon. Even though she is so busy and it takes lots of time to see her. She saved my life I am so grateful and I recommend her for everyone. I wasnt a cancer patient but i was IBD UC patient ( severe case). She was the only one that convinced me to do my surgeries. She knows what to do and when do it and is very respectful and a sweet heart too!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Dr Rebecca Auer is very compassionate and truly cares for her patients. Her dedication to the well being of her patients is obvious.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Auer removed 2/3s of my colon and did a fantastic job. She is very thorough and takes time to explain every detail. Her office is very busy so several times I had to wait quite sometime. Just bring a book - she is worth it.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Auer is an amazing doctor and surgeon. She was late for a lot of my appointments, but most of the time she was speaking with a family receiving bad news and I commend her for not brushing these people off to be on time for the next person. She always took the time to answer all of my questions and was very reassuring. Her assistant Nancy is amazing and was always willing to email me back with any questions I had. Following my surgery Dr. Auer came to see me in recovery almost every day and even made time to call me at home to discuss my results to save me a trip back to the hospital. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Terrific bedside manner, willing to listen and answers all questions with thorough knowledge. Would highly recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I have seen several doctors over the years regarding my ileostomy. Dr. Auer was extremely thoughtful and kind, and above all showed my me a trick to help my food pass. It has been refreshing to experience care such as this.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I had a very good recovery from my surgery. I am very happy with Dr. Auer's support. I was lucky that my cancer was localized.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Dr. Auer was fantastic. She performed a Laparoscopic Total Abdominal Colectomy to remove my entire colon in earlt 2011. Scarring was very minimal and my recovery was impressive. Dr. Auer was very knowledgable and answered all my questions with very understandable explanations. I would highly recommend her and her staff. I would also like to mention the fantastic health care staff during my stay at the OGH. Thank you Dr. Auer.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Dr, Auer performed laparoscopic surgery to remove my colon. At the same time, she created a j-pouch and a temporary loop ileostomy. This was a very complex 11-hour surgery and she was pregnant at the time! Because the surgery was laparascopic, healing time was fast and I have mimimal scarring. I have high praise for the quality of her surgery and the results. I found her, her residents, and her office staff to be informed, helpful and compassionate.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Wonderful doctor. Her residents and all her staff are beyond great. Haven't had any issue with her punctuality; she has gone above & beyond for me. Having Dr.Auer on call the day I ended in ICU is the reason I am alive.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010