Ratings for Dr. Rory Vinsky

Wonderful pediatric dentist with fantastic bedside manner-my two boys find him very professional,knowledgable and likable! As a md treating children I would recommend him to any parent who wants perfect teeth for their children!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I am a dentist of 21 years experience. I will tell you this - when it is your own child with cavities that need to be done quickly, efficiently, and painlessly, there is an extremely short list of people to contact. At the top of that list is Dr. Vinsky. Our son had 9 cavities, and without going into a long discussion of the hows and whys, it happened and they needed to be attended to. Dr. Vinsky did the work quickly and the entire time kept our 3 year old son entertained. Rory is a master at what he does. In dentistry you get what you pay for and Dr. Vinsky is worth every penny and more. I cannot rave enough about his skills. Thank you for your kindness Rory.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I am surprised by the negative comments, but everyone has different opinions as well as expectations. I can say both my children are Fans of Rory Vinsky, he is incredible with them, the ladies that work at the office are friendly and empathetic to the kids. I cannot imagine what a difficult job it would be to work with small children who really do not know how to understand what is happening to them, especially by really a stranger. So Dr. Vinsky and the staff do the best they can with a very small scared child, most of us too do not help our dentist out by what we say to our children about the dentist as they associate cavities and not brushing to a dentist and that a dentist is "BAD" because they have to do these things to them, I think we need to say that Dentist are a Doctor of sick teeth and we need them to help make our teeth better. So Dr. Vinsky cheers to you and your team and we will continue to recommend you!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Horrible. The staff arent too bad but my son was terrified to go. Fillings and pulling teeth without freezing. He pretended to put it in. Telling my child it doesn't hurt to stop crying or else. Heard him yelling at other screaming crying children. Billing me for a missed appointment that I never confirmed. Booked dental surgery on my son at 2 that I'm pretty sure now he never really needed. Refused to put permanent filling in so he could keep us coming back. Will never recommend him ever.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

As a former dental assistant I have an expectation of what a visit to a dental office should be like. There is no way to justify what happened on our first and ONLY visit to Dr. Vinsky. He started his visit by saying, "you will have to bear with me, I just had 10 screaming kids in here this morning". Really, you specialize in working with children? It just got worse from there. He didn't speak to or give any instructions to my child before starting the exam. He is only 2 but he is human, has a reasonable grasp of the English language and is quite capable of following instructions such as "please open your mouth for me so I can see your teeth." which is what one would expect from any dentist pediatric specialist or not. When I tried to give the necessary instructions to my child the dentist yelled at me saying he had it under control and told me to hold my son down while he barged in to do the exam. Then he proceeded to curse at his assistant to get something for him. When my son was examined by the regular dentist who referred us he didn't scream and struggle. The hygienist there was even able to do a polish on him without much trouble. I was very disappointed by the unprofessional behavior and as a former assistant I feel bad for the treatment his assistants are tolerating. Only go to this dentist if you want your child treated like an animal although in my opinion most veterinary doctors are more considerate to their staff and their patients than he is.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I too am surprised at all the negative remarks for Dr. Vinsky. Both my kids go there and the last thing he is digging for is money!! He has not pushed braces on my oldest son and wants to wait until it in necessary while i see all of his friends with braces at 9 years old. My daughter needed a night splint and said that if she won't wear it, he would refund my money. I see parents in his office that just won't sit and listen to him and yes, he does become direct if you are not going to listen. Let him speak and tell you what is going on. There are also kids in there that freak out - that is normal. They are kids. He needs to do his job and get in there. Its not a daycare, we don't need props to soothe the child......Just sad to see these comments but remember, people usually only write bad reviews. We never appreciate someone who is doing their job.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I took my very compliant three year old to Dr. Vinsky (she had been going to dentists for 2 years and never had an issue) and he reduced her to a puddle of tears with his rough manner. He wanted to fill eleven cavities under general anaesthetic because she was not behaving. I found Dr. Vinsky's attitude arrogant and unsympathetic, so I went to Dr. Barsky for a second opinion - he found only 2 cavities and filled them in the chair with local freezing.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

suggest me to fix a 4 years old chip tooth which will fall off later

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

TERRIBLE is the right word for this dentist definitely don't recommend him to anyone. he took a deposit from me for a surgery for my daughter and telling me that if I cancel for any reason I will loose my deposit, but he cancelled on me 2 days before the surgery. he is only after money and don't care about your wellbeing.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Would not recommend this dentist at all. My daughter never cry before but she cried with this dentist all the way. Nothing was done and I had to pay for the visit and the procedure. He then told she has to put under anesthesia and quote mr over $4000 for 3 cavities. It was the biggest mistake. Stay away at all costs

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015