Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Cockey

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

I have seen Dr. Cockey for 18 years now. He is a great dentist. I have read reviews about the root canals which he has done some for me but I am fine going to an endo for more complex root canals. He doesn't over charge and stiff you out of money at all. I won't see any other dentist.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Great front desk staff - friendly & courteous! Only problem is if you have to reschedule your appt - you may not get seen for long time. As far as Dr Cockey goes agree with fellow poster that he cannot correctly diagnose some complicated tooth - it's always a referral for root canal even though you need none

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

A good dentist but a better person!! It,s good to know that kind, honest professionals are still available to the public!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Our family has been going to Dr. Cockey for several years now, my daughter who has always been fearful of the dentist now goes by herself! Dr. Cockey & his staff are kind & helpful, punctual & pain free has been my experience at Dr. Cockeys office.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Dr Cockey is terrible. He held my young son down to clean his teeth and now my son doesn't like to go to the dentist office at all. Very bad person.

Submitted July 20, 2011

Dr. Cockey and his staff are very nice people. I have gone to him for over 25 years and so have my children. He is a wonderful dentist.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

I've seen many dentists over the years, and Dr. Cockey and his staff are the best I've encountered. Helpful, knowledgeable, and all very nice -- my whole family is very pleased with our care.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Very nice dentist but lacks the skill to properly diagnose complicated problems. He suggested I have a root canal (done by an endodontist) to fix a problem. The endodontist found nothing wrong with the tooth. Sadly, they had to extract the nerve to figure this out. Years later (in Oregon), I had an idential problem with a different tooth. Luckily, I had a very talented dentist with an equally exceptional staff. They diagnosed my problem as a cracked tooth which did not show up in xrays. No root canal needed, just a cap to protect the tooth. The pain disappeared. It doesn't matter how nice a dentist is. Once your tooth is gone, you can't get it back. Get a second diagnosis if the dentist suggests a root canal. Find one who keeps up with the latest trends in dentistry.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

Wonderful dentist! Kind, caring, excellent with my kids!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2006