Ratings for Dr. Deanah A. Jibril

There is a common denominator seen with patients negative experiences, and that it not a coincidence. It is a fact. I believe that all humans make mistakes, but Dr Jabril's mistakes ank complete lack of compassion is not ok. Its not ok to belittle your patient and become annoyed with your concerns. She was a bully in a Lab coat. My pregnancy and delivery was nothing short of a nightmare. She scheduled for me to try to be induced, did "checks" to determine if i was dialating. The checks were so painful, i expressed that to her. She verbally insulted me. My friend was with me a suggested maybe i had a yeast infection. Dr jabril then turned to her and asked her, "what are you, a doctor?" Very rude to her. My friend started to defend herself, and so close to birth, with my life and babys life in the hands of this woman, i asked my friend to disregard the horrible bedside manner. So, we moved forward, to a C section. At post birth dr appointment, she tried to check me, and i cried in pain. She told me, "fine. If you cant handle it, we cant do this final check, well have to stop here and dismiss you." No concern about the pain. As it turned out, another diagnosed yeast infection, a common problem in pregnancy. How does an obgyn miss that? She told me my symptoms were in my head. When i asked her about tge residual swelling in my legs after birth, she said "maybe if you would stop obsessing about it, it will go away". Those quotation marks....are exact quotes. If thats not enough to walk away, not sure what woukd be. Unfortunately this all started less than a month before birtb. True colors shining through. Too late to switch, that made me nervous so clise to end.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

this doctor is the worst doctor I have seen her staff is very rude.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I absolutely love Dr. Jibril, I am now seeing her for 2nd pregnancy and wouldn't have gone anywhere else. She is very easy to talk to and honest. Her nurse is also great!! Always a great visit there and I plan on seeing her with all my pregnancies!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

AMAZING. I love her. I feel comfortable talking to her. She is very helpful and caring. Shes the best. :)

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

Her staff are nothing but terrible. I made an appointment for a doctors visit and when I showed up and after signing in the first thing her staff showed me was a paper work/bill that shows I owe $125. The services of which I owe the money was from a year ago, never for one day did they inform me that I owed a penny even after I called to make an appointment until I showed up at the office a year later. I was so mad at them that I walked out of the clinic only for them to send me a letter and lie that their computer broke down. On the other hand Dr. Jibril is very nonchalant just like other reviewers have mentioned. I only go to her for my yearly pap, it takes a long time just to see her and then when she arrives she just rushes and leaves.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

horrible doctor. She owes me money. she is not a good doctor. Doesnt have answers for my concerns. She charged me money she was not suppose to charge. Whn I contact her to get my money back, she is too busy to talk to me, her staff simply tells me "I dont know" what happening with your refund. "It's not my job to find out". Its been months i m trying to get my money back. her staff keeps on messing up everything that almost cost me more than $1000. plus the money they took wrongfully. Her staff gave me wrong information that cost me so much money and when I talked to her about it, she said "It's between the two of you" and walked away. Medical center of plano hospital is also not getting involved because it happened outside their hospital and in the doctor's office however she works for the hospital yet they cant do anything about it. Never go to this hospital or this doctor unless u wanna lose money.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

I went to see Dr. Jibril about my hormone inbalance. She was very caring, knowlegable and willing to listen to my concerns and come up with a plan. She really knows her stuff when it comes to hormones. The only issue I had was waiting 50 minutes in her McKinney location, but only waited a few minutes in her Allen location. She has never called me back on my blood tests, I have had to call her. She also never followed up on scheduling my mamogram. I had to call her. I also hate being on hold and then sent to voice mail with no option to talk to someone about scheduling.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

Dr. Jibril's misdiagnosis almost led to my death following the birth of my child. I expressed concerns and detailed my symptoms. She told me I was exaggerating, and sent me home. Four hours later, I collapsed, near death. I can thank paramedics, due to their prompt and decisive actions, for saving my life. Dr. Jibril almost left my newborn child without a mother. I'm shocked that she is still allowed to practice medicine in this state.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

Dr.Jibril is definitely not the dr. you want to choose if you want someone to LISTEN to your concerns. I had several concerns regarding my pregnancy but she constantly excused them as being normal. When I went for my next check up my blood pressure was very high. The nurse told me to be sure to mention this to my dr. So, I waited and waited and 30 min. later and my dr. never showed up. So, I just got up and walked out and went straight to the ER. They immediately booked me in and started me on several meds for my extremely high bp. IF Dr. Jibril would have listened to my concerns the numerous times I told her about my bp, I would not have had to go through this. I was on several diff. bp meds and was even told I would have to have a c-section. All in all Dr. J is a terrible dr. who does not listen to her patients. She also has been late to several of my appts and not even showed up to some. If you can, try to get Dr. Gudapati. She also works in the obgyn and is a fantastic DR!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. Deanah A. Jibril's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1993)