Dr. Scott M. Schlesinger

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Scott M. Schlesinger

I had Schlesinger do my back surgery in Aug. Of 2016. 6 hour surgery with 4 hardware and 2 rods and all done on a outpatient basis. I suffered enough to want to die and he was not good with his pain control. He did a MRI and xrays to see if the Hardware was ok and said everythings FINE. Suffered 9 months and had to have a complete revision by another surgeon. That surgeon said he was able to take out one of the hardware with his fingers. That hardware was pushed into a nerve and I have got to believe that he seen that with the x-ray 2 weeks out of surgery but my insurance was probably not good enough for him to be honest. I am a Christian woman and I am working hard to forgive him for it is only hurting me to think he would do this for I see he is considered the 2nd best surgeon in Little Rock Arkansas. Ha what a funny thing.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Awesome focus on patient diagnosis, symptoms and treatments. Dr. Schlesinger took every effort outside of surgery to alter my symptoms before recommending surgery. His talent was way above my experience with any other doctor or surgeon. His staff is warm and very helpful and served not only as my medical treatment helpers but as coaches throughout the process. Communication was superb from start to finish. -Stacy Boncheff

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I had a very positive experience at Legacy. From my initial visit through surgery and post-op care Dr. Schlesinger and his staff were very informative with what was being done and what I was to expect with my recovery. I highly recommend Legacy for anyone seeking care for their spine. -LeAnne Petty

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Before my back surgery I could not do anything because of the pain. After surgery and being pain free I can do almost everything I want to. Thanks to Dr. Schlesinger and his staff for the wonderful care they gave me! Love y'all -Mary Ashcraft

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

My experience with Legacy has been most pleasant considering the circumstances! I went from the emergency room to being able to function at my job and life in just 4 months with little discomfort. Staff and doctors were great! -Paul Bennet

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I didn't react have a life before I came up here. I was 95% paralyzed when I got here and I'm 100 % better than I was before -P. Dunkerson

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I came to Dr. Schlesinger is severe pain in my upper right back, radiating down my right arm and hand. I had no strength in my right arm and hand. Dr. schlesinger performed ACDF surgery the next day and was very intelligent, professional, and kind. It is now 3 months post surgery and I have no more symptoms and all strength has returned to my hand. - Amy W.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Finally get into this Dr because he's suppose to be a neurosurgeon but it turned out to be he's only in it for the money! I have symptoms beyond just a shot of cortisone and had hoped he would help with this but after sitting in an ice cold room for over and hour he tells me he doesn't do anything but the neck/spine (as in cattle thru people)...my symptoms are all relative but he only wants to give a shot to the neck! Wouldn't even address the rest of it! Now I've informed him also that I cannot do steroids/iodine he still sets me up with pre procedure with STEROIDS...So I won't be able to do even his temporary "money maker" cortisone shots! Western medicine has become a joke and most Drs are in it for the money because they sure aren't curing anything?

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Scott M. Schlesinger

Dr. Scott M. Schlesinger's response
This post raises several issues that I am happy to have the opportunity to address. 1) Wait time for an appointment. It sounds as though this person had to wait for an appointment, which I know is very frustrating. The entire practice of Legacy Neurosurgery is built on the foundation of conservative, considerate and compassionate care dating back more than 60 years. I have carried that torch forward for the last 25 years. We have a large practice, and it is sometimes difficult to get new patients in as quickly as they would like. We do our best to see them as soon as possible, and I am very sorry if this person had to wait longer than anticipated. 2) Conservative treatment. Our goal is minimally invasive care, which is defined as doing the least invasive treatment possible that has a reasonable chance of helping the patient. Sometimes spinal injections are a better option than surgery. Fortunately, we have extensive experience in this regard. We perform over 4,000 spinal injections per year, with expertise in neurosurgery and the use of imaging guidance. Due to the anonymous nature of this post, I cannot determine the identity of this person, or the specifics of the concern about steroids. There are different kinds of steroids and different contraindications for their use depending on the patient’s underlying conditions and the exact nature of their complaints. Thus, I would ask the person to contact me directly so I can have the opportunity to go over the medical records and confirm the treatment recommendations that were made at the time. 3) “Money making.” The cost of medical care is, of course, part of our ongoing national debate. I confess that I have not figured it out yet myself. As mentioned above, our goal is conservative treatment, despite the fact that surgical treatment might result in greater revenues. The fact that this person was offered spinal injections (i.e., conservative treatment) instead of surgery (much more invasive – and expensive treatment) seems to contradict the notion that we are “only in it for the money.” Once again, I would be more than happy to sit down with this person and review the medical records and treatment details to discuss why various things happened as they did. It is always disappointing when a patient has a less than ideal experience here at Legacy Neurosurgery, and I want to do whatever I can to address any concerns our patients have about any aspect of their care and treatment. Our phone number is 501-661-0077, or we can be reached at contact-us@legacyneuro.com, or via our secure e-mail portal at www.legacyneuro.com.

Submitted July 24, 2017

I was in extreme pain prior to my surgery and most of my pain was immediately relieved by the surgery. What little symptoms remain are gradually improving.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Great communication, staff (so helpful), and hospital care. Dr. Schlesinger did a great job. I am so happy he took the initiative to do the procedure. Dr. Schlesinger brought his A game.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Scott M. Schlesinger's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Little Rock, AR