Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Rubin

Unfortunately, I never got to see him. He denied my appointment since I had seen a collegue of his in 2013. I was referred to him and when I made my appointment, the staff member told me he was in the same practice as my former doctor. The former doctor told me he couldn't do anything for me (which I appreciated his honesty) and upon making my appointment with Dr Rubin, the staff member consulted with my former doctor and he agreed that I could proceed & schedule an appointment with Dr Rubin. I feel betrayed by Dr Rubin. Instead of taking on the challenge of possibly being able to help me, he chose to not see me to honor his committment to his practice. I find this a little disturbing, but of course, with no no choice, I have to respect his decision. We both lost out - I ,on an excellent doctor's care (he has a grand reputation and came highly recommended) & he on the challenge of possibly helping another person.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I love Dr Rubin. I have a Rare Disease...or several. He keeps me on an even balance with his humor and wit. He understands and comes thru. However, his Front Desk does not. He does not get his messages. They have put me on hold for 20 minutes and came back laughing and telling me that they forgot about me. They have asked me IF, I can hold and I have told them no that I have an emergency and they told me that I must hold anyway. I will continue to use him regardless. because HE is that good. I don't understand though How he can allow his Front Office to be that bad. I live over 3 hours away and drive in. I will do anything to see him. He has saved my life and my husband and I love him dearly! PLease Dr Rubin....You expect Your Interns to Give Quality...Why Not Your Front Desk?? Even His Nurse Does not get her Messages...Using a machine to send a message when getting up and making sure that someone receives an important message is most important. I hope Someone Gives this To Him Soon!!! Who Is answering your calls and greeting your patients is so important...I know, I did it for many years and learned from the best. My Mother-In -Law! Dr Rubin Deserves a Quality Staff as He is THE BEST!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

He ia a good doctor,but is hampered by his staff.When he says to call if you have a problem..he means it.His staff rarely calls back or forwards the conversation to him,because I asked if he got my message.No he had no idea.In a clinical setting a doctor is only as good as his staff

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Dr. Rubin is smart and witty. He listens to what you say is going on and treats your disease with that also in mind - not just the lab work.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I have worked in doctor's offices and been a patient of several for many years. I never have been treated with such disrespect or witnessed such rude, incompetent behavior.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Dr. Rubin has helped me navigate several complex issues - This is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Rubin is great. His staff... not so much. Most calls go without returning. Once again Dr. Rubin is excellent.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

I was very unappy with how I was treated by this doctor and the staff. I do not believe I was treated with respect as a patient.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I have traveled for 6 years from Montana and pay out of area fees in order to go to the best - Dr. Rubin. He and his staff are friendly, kind, knowledgeable and supportive in a professional manner every time I call or visit them. Dr. Rubin takes time to listen to me and answer my questions when I'm seen in his office or phone them. He has honored my request to limit my meds while keeping my RA under control. Both Dr. Rubin and his staff have worked with me to schedule appoints and reschedule my appoints when I get lost in Houston on my way to visit them. I have highly recommended Dr. Rubin to several indivduals in Montana and Houston and will continue to do so. Thanks Dr. Rubin and staff for everything.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr.Rubin is on of the most attentive doctors I have ever met. After suffering a stroke he appeared out of no where to deal with a blood disorder. and without him I might not be able to even write these word. His wit makes the bad news easier. You have to be a smart patient and follow instructions. Bottom line hs is in charge and does and excellent job. If you need warm and fuzzy go to another doctor but if you want to live then stick with Dr. Rubin. He is honest enough to say when does not know but he does not give up on you either.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011