Ratings for Dr. Ruth Kadanoff

I recently had this Dr. as of yesterday. Feb. 17 , 2015.. She is an outstanding professional. One of the very best. Very caring and she absolutely DOES take more than adequate time reviewing medical records. I truly am impressed with her. I would recommend her to all who need a Rheumatologist. I give her 5 stars!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Kadanoff is a beeyotch. She's a shrewy little Dr. Ruth look alike who treats you like you're bothering her. She actually had the nerve to tell us that she had already spent enough time with us and she had other patients to help. This was after stating that I would have to pay her to read through my medical records, which I had gone to great length to organize and bring with me. I went to her for a second opinion on my condition and the only opinion I have is that Dr Kadanoff can eat a big fat d1ck. She shouldn't be a doctor. She shouldn't deal with the public. She should take a Prozac or something. The visit was completely worthless and she offered me not one piece of valuable knowledge nor any suggestions on how to deal with the pain. She so obviously wanted to get out of the room as I was more than just another "write a script and see me in 60 days visit." Totally worthless I hate her.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

This doctor is in the wrong field. She has no reason being a doctor. She has no empathy and is a maniacal egomaniac. She does not know how to treat patients and comes off as a b..... I am going to complain to the proper board.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

First visit was great! She spent a lot of time and was very thorough. The second appointment was cancelled on us and rescheduled. Dr. Kadanof was late and seemed distracted. Her office failed to follow up on a refill and we had to call on a weekend and have the doctor paged as my wife was in "urgent care" and the nurse there told us to call and get the refill ASAP. During this call to Dr. Kadanof she said, "I'll give you your refill, but I'm not responsible for anything that happens."

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I am very surprised by the negative comments. I saw dr. around 12/2011 and had a totally different experience. It looks like a lot of the negative comments were given aro the same time frame (maybe a terrible time in her life ??) and it affected her no way to know. On my visit she was very plesant, very through, spent 45 min uninterrupted time just questioning me which moved me almost to tears for a doctor to actually pay that level of interest. Gave me what she thought was a diagnosis but still did a battery of tests to be 100% sure and her diagnosis was right. just relaying my own experience.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

My first several visits were exactly like everyone said, but as we got to know each other, I wouldn't want to go to any other Rhuematologist. She doesn't rush me any more, she's very knowledgable especially if you ask questions in a calm and interested way. You need to make her feel her knowledge is important, which it is, once you get to know her. Maybe her seeming egotistical is just the opposite of how she really feels and when you can find even one thing to complement her on, her dress, her hair, etc. she really does soften. I believe she really started to change the most was when I couldn't hold my tears back because I thought she was blaming something on me and she saw the tears and it turned out she was blaming other doctors for whatever it was (I don't remember) not me and made that very plain and was so sweet to me then. I hope people can wade through her roughness and be upfront with her and give her another chance.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

An awful doctor. Agree w/ all other negative reviews. She was rushed & condescending. She didn't review any of my years of med. records or the recent tests/doctors notes I brought with. She diagnosed me w/ one thing, then forgot that she did (which it was the correct diagnosis according to docs I've seen since then) and refused to believe it when I told her she made a mistake. I had it in writing! Signed by her! W/ the diagnosis code. Still refused to admit she was wrong or make the change. She doesn't listen. I couldn't understand what she was saying. And it was as if she was acting like me having Lupus was my fault! Awful doctor, felt awful after every visit. Glad I found a better one!!!! Much better!!! (Dr. Furmanov in Des Plaines--he's fantastic!)

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

Dr Kadanoff is a good doctor, and very helpful. I've not had any problems with her at all.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

This was by far the worst doctor’s visit I have ever experienced. I saw Dr. Kadanoff at her Oakbrook Terrace location. The first thing she did when she walked in the room was scold me in a raised voice, saying that I needed to tell my doctor to stop referring patients to her. She basically had a temper tantrum the entire time. Asked me questions I already answered to her medical assistant minutes before. I was in tears. She was impatient and beyond rude -- I'd even say cruel -- to someone who is in chronic pain. She threw up her hands and barked questions at me and scoffed at my answers, like what other doctors had told me previously was ridiculous. It was belittling and humiliating. Thank goodness for the medical assistant who came back to check on me after Dr. Kadanoff stormed out of the room in a huff. At one point, Dr. Kadanoff told me that I had "wasted my time with another doctor" who couldn't give me answers. I couldn't have said it better myself. I'd like my co-pay back.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Ruth Kadanoff's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1983)