Ratings for Dr. Christine C. Lin

This review is for Dr Lin at Affiliated Dermatology in AZ. I did not feel safe with Dr Lin. She never once used a dermatoscope (the magnifier with a light on it. She took a lot of biopsies which may have been avoided had she taken the time to get a better look at the spots 1st. I mentioned a few areas of concern that she didn't even look at at all. When I asked her about a skin issue I was having, she acted like she didn't even hear me. Very indifferent and uncaring. I waited an hour in the waiting room which I'm fine with if that means the Dr takes her time with all of her patients to address their concerns but this clearly was not the case. They give each patient a time slot of 10 minutes! That's just greedy for $. Maybe Affiliated Dermatology requires their Dermatologists to meet this quota? As she rushed out the door, probably to do more unnecessary biopsies at $69 each I had to ask her who I should see about my issues since she didn't acknowledge that I even asked about them. Before my apt, Ashley, the receptionist told me I had to have a referral from my PCP. I mentioned that I never needed one before & is she sure. She told me she was. What a waste of time because I did not need one. My PCP is a long drive for me. ******In my opinion, I would see a dermatologist who uses the dermatoscope, like most do so not to miss anything and also to avoid unneeded biopsies. (Another $ maker). Taking biopies can lead to scar tissue that can alter cells in that spot & when you truly need a biopsy, the results can be skewed from having a previous biopsy. She wasn't rude or mean, just indifferent and I don't particularly trust my health with her. She's not thorough at all . Affiliated dermatology wants to get as many patients in and out of there ASAP while taking as many fast biopsies as possible. (They have their own biopsy lab).

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Rushed through exam. Not thorough. Worst experience with dermatology office.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I feel very lucky to have found CHRISTINE LIN MD! My family & extended Family are ALL PHYSICIANS, SURGEONS, DENTISTS, ORAL SURGEONS & NURSES! I am the only family member who is an "artist & legal" trained! From my first visit with DR. LIN, she had a wonderful smile, compassionate personality, NEVER rushed through an exam or treatment, and did an EXCELLENT JOB removing moles! I then referred her to another "family member" (nurse) who also found DR. LIN to be "an EXTROIDANARILY KNOWLEDGABLE & FOCUSED" Dermatologist! The "entire medical family" now (only) seeks out DR. CHRISTINE LIN "specifically" for their Dermatology needs! This family will NOT shy from criticizing a "poor performance" in ANY physician ....Nor will the Family fail to "RAVE" about a physician that excels in diagnosis, treatment & care, & exudes in friendliness & compassion. This FIVE STAR physician is "easy to recommend" to Family...friends...or strangers! I also have only encountered a very "friendly staff"! That's called..."hitting the JACKPOT"!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I had a terrible experience when I saw Dr. Lin. The wait was 40 minutes. People were packed in the waiting room. My visit was brief and the Dr. needs to work on her bedside manner. She seemed in a hurry to get on to the next patient. I was never diagnosed correctly or examined the way a dermatologist should examine, especially when the patient has a history of basal cell carcinoma and breast cancer. She definitely gets no stars from me. I come from a family of doctors and nurses. When I complained to the 'office manager' my calls were ignored for ten days. I do not recommend going to see Dr. Lin or Affiliated Dermatologists. There are plenty of adequate doctors in this field. Hope this helps.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I absolutely love Dr Lin! I moved to AZ recently from Ohio with previous diagnosed BCC's that I was treating and wasn't sure if I would ever find a good derm. Boy was I wrong! She is very PERSONABLE and takes the times to answer any questions you may have without making you ever feel rushed! I personally am in the medical field and feel that more Dr's should strive to be like her! Super impressed!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

I have been a patient for 3 years. Dr. Lin has removed a number of pre-cancerous moles that concerned her in addition to identifying and removing a basal carcinoma via Mohs surgery. She is completely professional, knowledgeable and thorough. I have recommended four other people from my office, with varying conditions, and all have been favorably impressed and satisfied.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

very annoying and rude staff from the begining. After waiting for 1.5 months for an appt I was told that I had to pay in full with credit card because they could not confirm my insurance. This was after they made me drive away and come back with the ins card number. I had ins but they couldn't confirm it on the spot. They then said that I should then try to recoup the money from the ins company. It made more sense to me to take my insurance number and my credit card number and bill the credit card only if it turned out I was not covered. They used the its just "policy" keyword and other empty headed half truths. the doctor herself defended the unprofessional behavior by saying the people who told me to go home and get the number and now pay for everything in cash and take your chances on getting it back have been ther for a long time.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Dr. Lin is really great. She removed a pre-cancerous mole from my back today and answered every question I had about other moles on my body (she biopsied two others and cleared the rest a couple of weeks ago). I almost asked if she really removed it because I didn't feel a thing. Her staff was excellent. Just be prepared for a small wait. It is worth the short wait though to get this level of expertise.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008

Dr. Christine C. Lin's Credentials

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)