Dr. Keith Sklar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Keith Sklar

Dr. Sklar was my third opinion for my surgery and after the consultation I knew I was where I belonged! Dr Sklar explained every detail of what was wrong with my toe and exactly how he would fix it. Finally, someone that made sense!! I had a fractured bone spur on top of my toe with the piece of bone stopping me from bending my toe, arthritis at the joint, a bunion, and a cyst on another toe from a bone spur. Other places wanted to put an implant in at the joint or fuse the bones together so I would never be able to stand on my tip toes or wear heels again. That was not acceptable to me! So Dr Sklar at Foot First fixed everything and SAVED THE JOINT! He shortened the bone south of the joint to allow more room for cartilage and movement. I was in his office (yes, his office...so no waiting for hospital openings or their cost) at 10am and out by 11:30am on the day of surgery....and I walked out on my own without crutches or a cane! Four days later he was able to bend my toe without any pain! I am recovering very nicely and will have the other bunion removed in a few weeks! So thankful that I found Foot First and their extremely friendly and knowledgable staff!! I highly recommend them...if you haven't figured that out!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I saw a commercial on TV for Food First Podiatry for a procedure called a bunion-ectopy by Dr. Keith Sklar. So I went on line and did some research and saw nothing but good things about his procedure. I decided to make an apt. and have both my feet looked at. I have (should say had) bunions on both feet but the right foot hurt the worst. They took X-Rays and Dr. Sklar explained the procedure and the recovery and what I was going to expect. I had my surgery on my right foot on a Tuesday in his Moline office and walked out of the office with just a little boot and brace. I stayed home from work on Wednesday and was able to drive and go back to work on Thursday. Was able to wear a sneaker on by 2nd week. I am now going to go have my left foot done (3 weeks since first surgery). His staff is so helpful and very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have. I have referred friends to him and am very pleased with my results. I highly recommend Dr. Keith Sylar.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I would highly recommend Dr Sklar and the Sklar Bunionectomy. I had been in pain for many years with my bunions and finally took the plunge to have them fixed. From the first consultation in Oak Brook to my last set of x-rays the team at Foot First were welcoming and very knowledgeable. My appointments were always on time and I had complete confidence that my feet were in really good hands. I had heard many horror stories of bunion surgery which meant that I was willing to be in pain pretty much for the rest of my life. How wrong I was. Post surgery I was weight bearing, had very little pain, in a sneaker a couple of weeks later, all meaning that the impact on my family from the surgeries (2 weeks apart) was minimal. A year on and you can barely see the scars on the side of my feet, nor the ones from the removal of the screws. Thank you, Foot First, for my lovely, pain free feet!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

I met Dr. Sklar when I was seeking counsel for a bunion and four hammertoes. He explained exactly what would be needed to correct my foot problem. He had many before and after pictures of successful surgeries. His knowledge, professionalism and easy manner instilled the confidence that I needed to make my decision. Everything went just as explained from the start of the procedure. His staff in Moline is awesome and couldn’t be more helpful! I am 4 months out of surgery with my foot looking and feeling just as expected! I am very happy with the choice I made and the service I have received from First Foot Podiatry and Dr. Sklar!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Went for consultation approx. 8 months prior to surgery. Dr. Sklar was very friendly and knowledgeable about my bunion. He thoroughly explained the procedure that would be done in order to correct my bunion as well as potential time needed to recover. What I really liked was the fact was he never said I needed to have the surgery, and it was totally my decision if and when I chose to have it removed. Once I decided on a surgery date, from the time of my pre-op discussion all the way through the surgery the treatment was first class. The assisting staff was very friendly in working with me through the laser and stem appointments all the way through my last visit before being released to go back to work. I would highly recommend Foot First for anyone with foot related problems,

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Sklar and his staff! When I started considering bunion surgery, I heard horror story after horror story. After my consultation with Foot First - learning of their new, less invasive procedure - I knew this was the right practice for me. I needed corrections on both feet and scheduled the surgeries 2 weeks apart, each time walking out of the clinic with no help from crutches or wheelchair. In 2 months, I was back in normal shoes (even heels). My only regret is that I didn't find Dr. Sklar and Foot First sooner. If you are in pain, contemplating bunion surgery, schedule your consolation immediately!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I was simply contemplating bunion surgery as an option, but after meeting with Dr. Sklar I was convinced. I recently finished the surgery on my second foot and I have to say it is one of the best decisions I ever made. I have experienced minimal pain and incredible results. Absolutely phenomenal staff and clinic overall.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I am sure if you are looking at this site now you are thinking about bunion surgery. I would look no further and most definitely go with Dr. Keith Sklar. He has years of experience and has perfected his technique. I walked out of the office! There was minimal pain and scarring and I was in a gym shoe after a few weeks. I live in the City of Chicago and do not have a car. I was worried about how I would get around. No Problem! A bit slow going at first but each week I was able to walk faster and get to my normal destinations. I went to the Chicago office on Michigan ave and Dr. Samantha Sklar took great care and made sure everything was OK after the surgery. They even offer laser treatments to enhance healing! The office staff in Chicago are very friendly and there is a casual but professional atmosphere that makes you calm down if you are nervous. Thanks to both of the Sklar Drs, I can wear any shoe I want and not be in constant pain!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Personable, knowledgeable and thorough. Excellent experience.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I went to Food First Podiatry for a bunionectomy. Dr Sklar has been wonderful to work with. He took the time to explain in such detail the procedure and my recovery. The staff are very helpful and I was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. I have already referred several of my friends to him. I am so pleased with my results. My feet are beautiful!!!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Dr. Keith Sklar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

What makes me Unique? I don't compromise beauty to correct the function of your feet. My surgical procedures allow for less pain, a quicker recovery and results that you want to see. I also apply what I learn. Having been in practice for 30 years, I have treated over 60,000 patients and performed more than 9,000 surgical procedures. With all this experience, my procedures are continually modified; thus evolving into sound, minimally invasive surgical procedures. By studying and working hard, I became board certified by two distinct boards. I continue to maintain these certifications through retesting. I am board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. I am also a Fellow of The American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine and a Fellow of The American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons. When not treating patients, I have a great wife who I love spending time with. Married for 30 years, we have three wonderful daughters. One daughter is a Podiatrist, one daughter is a nurse, and my other daughter is currently in nursing school. I also like working out to P90x, playing basketball, running and rock climbing. Did I mention I have a cool dog - a Tibetan Terrier - named Reggie.

• English
  • Spanish

• Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (Grad. 1984)

• Board Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery