Dr. Keith Sklar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Keith Sklar

Dr. Sklar was my third opinion for my surgery and after the consultation I knew I was where I belonged! Dr Sklar explained every detail of what was wrong with my toe and exactly how he would fix it. Finally, someone that made sense!! I had a fractured bone spur on top of my toe with the piece of bone stopping me from bending my toe, arthritis at the joint, a bunion, and a cyst on another toe from a bone spur. Other places wanted to put an implant in at the joint or fuse the bones together so I would never be able to stand on my tip toes or wear heels again. That was not acceptable to me! So Dr Sklar at Foot First fixed everything and SAVED THE JOINT! He shortened the bone south of the joint to allow more room for cartilage and movement. I was in his office (yes, his office...so no waiting for hospital openings or their cost) at 10am and out by 11:30am on the day of surgery....and I walked out on my own without crutches or a cane! Four days later he was able to bend my toe without any pain! I am recovering very nicely and will have the other bunion removed in a few weeks! So thankful that I found Foot First and their extremely friendly and knowledgable staff!! I highly recommend them...if you haven't figured that out!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I am sure if you are looking at this site now you are thinking about bunion surgery. I would look no further and most definitely go with Dr. Keith Sklar. He has years of experience and has perfected his technique. I walked out of the office! There was minimal pain and scarring and I was in a gym shoe after a few weeks. I live in the City of Chicago and do not have a car. I was worried about how I would get around. No Problem! A bit slow going at first but each week I was able to walk faster and get to my normal destinations. I went to the Chicago office on Michigan ave and Dr. Samantha Sklar took great care and made sure everything was OK after the surgery. They even offer laser treatments to enhance healing! The office staff in Chicago are very friendly and there is a casual but professional atmosphere that makes you calm down if you are nervous. Thanks to both of the Sklar Drs, I can wear any shoe I want and not be in constant pain!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Personable, knowledgeable and thorough. Excellent experience.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I went to Food First Podiatry for a bunionectomy. Dr Sklar has been wonderful to work with. He took the time to explain in such detail the procedure and my recovery. The staff are very helpful and I was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. I have already referred several of my friends to him. I am so pleased with my results. My feet are beautiful!!!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Awesome docs and wonderful staff! I am so pleased with how my bunion surgeries went that one of my colleagues decided to use Foot First as well. My sister tended to me after my first surgery and was extremely impressed when she saw my feet during a family vacation 4 months after my second surgery. I just had screws removed this week, and Dr. Sklar chitchatted with me the entire time, a welcome distraction. I will continue to recommend them to others.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I did a lot of research before anxiously deciding to proceed with the Sklar bunionectomy. I had a bone spur that I understand was treated sugically the same as a bunion. The last thing I wanted to do was have foot surgery. I am now 9 weeks out and this experience has been one of the very best experiences of my life! I am pain free. I have been released to all of my regular activities. I hiked in Wyoming last week and will walk 18 holes of golf today. Like so many others have said, I walked out of surgery in a surgical boot. I was off prescription pain meds within 2 days of surgery and took OTC tylenol and Aleve for 7-10 days. I progressed from then to now under the watchful and insightful eye of Dr. Sam Sklar (Dr. Keith Sklar's daughter, colleague and patient). Following surgery I met each milestone right on schedule: back to work in 3 days (desk job), out of surgical boot and into specified walking shoe at 2 weeks, running shoe at 4 weeks. At 5 1/2 weeks I had a planned golf trip which I was able to participate in wearing my regular golf shoes without any pain or problem whatsoever. That honestly shocked me. The reviews you see that are so overwhelmingly positive regarding Dr. Sklar are all true. On top of all that the staff is so punctual, friendly and kind, I came to feel like they were family in this short course of time. I have already recommended Foot First Podiatry to a number of people and will continue to do so. In my experience, Dr. Keith Sklar is the person to see if you have a problem with a painful toe - I am so glad I did.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Keith Sklar. After doing extensive research, I found Dr. Sklar and I am so happy. He and his staff was amazing the bunion surgery was an outstanding experience. I have told all of my friends about him and the practice. He definitely fixed my feet beautifully.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I researched Dr. Sklar via radio advertising and after consultation, chose him for my bunion surgery. I am so happy that I chose Dr. Sklar to perform my surgery. I'm thrilled with the results of my surgery. He was very thorough in explaining what exactly the surgery entailed. He told me I would walk out of his office on my own and I did. Six weeks after surgery recovery is better than I expected and the incision is healing with hardly a visible scar. Can't wait to heal completely. His staff is not only knowledgeable but extremely friendly and helpful with any questions I had.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Sklar was wonderful as was his daughter Samantha and Dr Ruckman! This was my second surgery on both feet and recovery and care were so much better than I received from another Dr. ten years ago!! I highly recommend all of them!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr. Keith Sklar is a miracle worker! He transformed my mangled right foot (massive bunion & second toe bent) into a thing of beauty! Best of all it was relatively painless! Only complaint is they need to do better with their scheduling. Waiting time is the rule, not, the exception. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for the best patient care when it comes to your feet!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Keith Sklar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

What makes me Unique? I don't compromise beauty to correct the function of your feet. My surgical procedures allow for less pain, a quicker recovery and results that you want to see. I also apply what I learn. Having been in practice for 30 years, I have treated over 60,000 patients and performed more than 9,000 surgical procedures. With all this experience, my procedures are continually modified; thus evolving into sound, minimally invasive surgical procedures. By studying and working hard, I became board certified by two distinct boards. I continue to maintain these certifications through retesting. I am board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. I am also a Fellow of The American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine and a Fellow of The American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons. When not treating patients, I have a great wife who I love spending time with. Married for 30 years, we have three wonderful daughters. One daughter is a Podiatrist, one daughter is a nurse, and my other daughter is currently in nursing school. I also like working out to P90x, playing basketball, running and rock climbing. Did I mention I have a cool dog - a Tibetan Terrier - named Reggie.

• English
  • Spanish

• Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (Grad. 1984)

• Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine