Ratings for Dr. Monica Bali

I will never visit this doctor again. Four years ago, Lab Corp. screwed up my AIDS test and Monica Bali and her assistant had the audacity to tell me that this result (indeterminate) was because I was: 1. an intravenous drug user (I have a fear of needles and can't even stand to have my blood drawn); or 2. having unprotected intimate relations (at the time I was celibate by choice for 5.5 years) and there were some other so called choice reasons. I was a new patient and they did not know me from a whole in the wall and this was said to me. I was then told that I had to wait 14 days for Lab Corp. (who I also do not hold in high esteem) to re-test the specimen. Well, I was visibly angry at that point and let them both know it. I told Dr. Bali and her assistant that I had recently gotten a great life insurance policy through State Farm and tested negative for the AIDS virus. I then packed up my things and left never to return again. I called my Gynecologist who I have been seeing for 15+ years and told him what happened. He was LIVID and used some choice words. After he calmed down he explained to me that the lab messed up my test results and I went to his office the next day to be re-tested for free - his testing gets done through another independent lab and you know what folks, my results came back negative and remain negative. My best friend and her husband also fired Dr. Bali because they were so dissatisfied with Dr. Bali's unprofessional bedside manner, her staff constantly losing their medical records and her staff calling them up giving them test results for tests they have never taken (can't keep their patients straight). This doctor had the nerve to keep sending me a bill for $20.00 for money I did not owe! LMAO!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

She is horrible!!! She is very rude and asks you inappropriate questions! She does not listen and misdiagnoses people. I only went in for check ups but my friend had to go to the emergency room because she refused to prescribe a medicaton and just told her not to eat fish! She is highly incompetent!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

Bali is RUDE! I assume her competency as a doctor is fine, because, technically, nothing has gone wrong in that area, but I cannot say she has been all that extraordinarily helpful either. She is condescending and reprimanding. She is not interested in listening or discussing, just dictating as if the patient has no intelligence or say. I have had 2 very heated discussions with her over the care of a relative. After my emotions settled, I understood and actually agreed with what she was saying, but had she approached the conversation differently, I probably would have been less defensive. Sometimes it is not what you say, but how you say it, and it doesn't seem like she understands that. I didn’t go to medical school, but I am pretty astute on a lot of subjects, or can at least grasp concepts. I would think highly of her had she taken that approach instead of insulting my intelligence. This is my opinion based on personal experience with her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Bali for over a year, and we could not ask for a better primary care doctor. She is very thorough, knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Those who rated her with scores of "1" have an unrealistic idea of what to expect from a primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Absolutely the BEST. Have seen many doctors in many states since arriving in this country, and she is by far the most professional friendly and thorough doctor I have encountered. Those comments sure surprise me, as I have recommended her to many with good results.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Bali, is the GREATEST! She has great knowledge and takes her time to listen to you and gives great analysis. She will tell you when you haven't followed her instruction for better health and is always available when you call or she has someone on her staff get right back to you. I don't want to see any other doctor at all. When she refers you to another doctor, they are very competent in that particular medical field. She remembers who you are without looking at the chart. She's just the greatest and I recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

From the visits that I've had to the office, I've been very pleased with the experience. She is knowledgeable, thorough, and isn't afraid to tell you what you need to hear which I appreciate. Thanks Dr. Bali!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Bali. She did not listen to a thing I said, forced me to do some lung test without my consent, and negated every other doctor I'd seen. Terrible people skills. I will never see her again.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2008

We love Dr. Bali! I'm amazed people could have rated her negatively. All I can think of is that she HAS kind of scolded me and my husband at times, but it was in a motherly way, because she really cares about our health. The scolding was things like, "You should have called me sooner, even if it was a weekend, I would not have minded." Or one time she came out from examining patients in the back, & into the waiting room because she'd heard me coughing & said "Oh that sounds really bad!", then sent me straight for a chest X-ray. Again, this shows she really cares. Maybe the negative posters took something like that the wrong way. She's been our doctor for a few years now, since taking over the practice when our old doc retired. Each time, she remembers me & all the things I have been there for & what we have talked about. She listens to me and always helps with every problem. And I never have to wait more than 10 minutes in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

My husband was seen on an emergency basis. She was thorough,patient, kind & quite knowledgeable. I was so impressed that I am ready to change my PCP. Recommend her highly!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

Dr. Monica Bali's Credentials

• Lady Hardinge Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Silver Spring, MD