Ratings for Dr. John E Sullivan

Great Doctor and friendly staff. I would recommend this office to friends and family! :-)

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Sullivan and his Nurse Practitioner Constance are AMAZING!! It is so hard to find a doctor that actually cares about their patients and Dr. Sullivan and his entire staff have mastered it. His office staff is polite, professional and always willing to help. He came highly recommended by a friend after not being satisfied by 2 other local gynecologists. His ability to educate me about my condition and provide multiple options which included a more conservative approach rather than major surgery made my decision to stay with his practice easy. Dr.Sullivan, you are truly the best in town!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Would not recommend this office. I waited to get an appointment and when I arrived the staff did not have my appointment so I waited. When I finally had my visit I was very disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Staff was so rude! When I actually made it back to see the Dr. I felt very rushed and it didn't appear that he was paying attention to anything. I quickly transferred my care to another provider.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

By far one of the most amazing doctors ever. Dr. Sullivan is one of the reasons that I have three healthy children. My second pregnancy was extremely difficult resulting in a 10 week hospital stay and Dr Sullivan was there almost daily to check on me and truly listen to all of my concerns. I just delivered my third via VBAC and could not have asked for a better experience. He is truly a doctor that cares deeply about his patients. He even took time to help me to my car with my newborn. He's truly a one of a kind doctor who's love of the job shows.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Sullivan is amazing, so kind and gentle. My husband and I went to him with our first pregnancy because we wanted to deliver at SMH. He helped a friend of ours in her VBAC and we were very impressed by him. Our experience with Dr. Sullivan was incredible! We actually lost our baby during the 15th week of pregnancy and Dr. Sullivan and his staff were so kind, considerate, and helpful. It was a very scary time for us and Dr. Sullivan made us feel very comfortable and taken care of. I felt that he explained our options thoroughly and took the time to help us reach the best decision for our family. He never pushed his opinion on us but rather gave us facts and statistics so we could have the best opportunity to decide which route we needed to go. He is a very knowledgable and very loved doctor so the wait time is long sometimes as he maybe in surgery or delivery. That is a price you pay for an OB/GYN, babies come whenever they want. Also, he takes the time needed to answers all questions, this can also make wait times a little longer, but he is definitely worth the wait because you know he'll give you the time you need as well. My husband and I always felt safe with Dr. Sullivan. We have since moved but honestly wish we could bring Dr. Sullivan with us. He understands the beauty and miracle of life and does all he can to preserve it in the women who come to him. He even asked us to send pictures when we have another baby because it helps him and his staff heal after the loss of one as well. That was music to this grieving mommy's ears. Dr. Sullivan is wonderful!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Terrible dr. He pushed his personal opinion on me and acted as if he had no medical knowledge of my options. I was appalled at his level of care. I have medical complications where I need to know any options I may need to take in the future. Completely horrible "dr".

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Sullivan and staff seemed quite nice. My complaint is regarding the questionnaire you had to fill out for his office. It asks hundreds of questions and, in my opinion, it was the most intrusive questionnaire I've ever been asked to fill out. If I'm remembering correctly, the questionnaire asks how your finances are; what are the names/ages/birthdates, etc. of your children; where they live, etc. (why is this necessary when I'm obviously an older woman); how your marriage is, etc. I just personally thought it was over-the-top. But this is just my opinion.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

He seemed so nice. When I went to him for a 2nd opinion, he seemed so nice and caring. Initially, he took time to explain why I might be having the problem I was having. He agreed with my first doctor that a certain procedure would help me, and I trusted him to do this procedure. HUGE MISTAKE. He caused more harm than good, and I needed corrective surgery after his procedure. Two other doctors agreed that his procedure was done improperly. The worst part is that when I went to him in immense pain after this event occurred, he acted as if he had no idea why I was in pain. He even seemed angry at me for asking him what had happened. In essence, I feel as if he lied to me, and that his first priority was to protect himself from litigation rather than help a patient in pain.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I have had a very positive experience with Dr. Sullivan and his practice. Dr. Sullivan is a very good listener. This is my first pregnancy and Dr. Sullivan took time to answer all of my questions and explain things to me. I am impressed by the knowledge and professionalism of the entire staff. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Sullivan and his staff taking care of me.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. John E Sullivan's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Workers Comp