Ratings for Dr. Rudolph S. Demercurio

I was referred to Dr. D in 1989, when I first started wearing contacts. I've been going there ever since. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. I would have gave 5 stars, but in 2013 my mom had someone that was not helpful to her concerns. I'm not sure if that woman still works there. Everyone else treats us like family. They are great at helping pick glasses that look good with your face.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Dr. Is goofy but nice. Didn't like that I was rushed through. The girls at the desk r all about upsell and squeezing you. I still can't see well. I had ins that covered visit but they still charged me $150. Will NOT be going back there. Advice: go to an Ophthalmologist not Optometrist. optometrist makes his money SELLING glasses and contacts! And billing the insurance company some rediculous charge.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Demercurio for 32 years and I would never consider having anyone else as my eye doctor. Dr. D is very knowledgeable, very personable and very caring. He's a wonderful doctor and I have referred many of my friends and family to him.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I have been going to Dr. D since 1980, he corrected a bad lens fit from a "chain store" and glasses that were tinted too dark for my night vision. At twenty he was my hero! At fifty he is still the most patient, soft spoken, personable and intelligent doctor I have. He asks questions about my job and interests that relate to the type of contacts that may better suit my needs. I often do not see him for more than a year and he will still remember things we talked about. I have watched his staff grow and change over the years and have found them to act most efficiently and effectively. As a professional business woman I have never in thirty years viewed their dress as inappropriate as much as I believe today's styles for professional woman are as provocative as ever. The office as a team always runs like clockwork. I have never been unable to schedule an appointment quickly nor have I had to wait past my apt time. This office(Dr. D included) provides admirable professional services

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

great place for glasses and/or contacts.noboby knows contact lenses like this guy. he probably wrote the book. he diagnosed my problem from the onset and gave me what i needed i'll be back

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Good doctor, but poor staff. Very focused on business rather than customer satisfaction. I had very poor experience. I won't go to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I have been going here for about 5 years because it is affordable. I like Dr. DeMercurio. He is a nice Optometrist. His staff is nice - but seemingly snooty, to each their own. This office rates well on respect, affordability, and a caring, very knowledgable OD. What more could you ask for?

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

I've been going to Dr. DeMercurio for years. I've never been able to get an acceptable eye exam or prescription from anyone else, no matter how may times I've tried. He's knowledgeable and does a very thorough exam and FYI he does wash his hands. If you have hard to fit contacts I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

I receintly moved into the area and was referred by a friend to Dr. DeMercurio and I was in awe! I have never had such a wonderful eye exam before! I've always used doctors with in my insurance network and generally went to franchise optomotrist's where they pump patients in and out of the office in mere minutes. I did not have that kind of experience this time. The doctor was very thorough and the staff provided me with avaliable rebates for my very expensive contact lenses (I actually got more money back from rebates than I paid to see the doctor)!!. I was even surprised to see that they have and extensive selection of eye glasses that was with in my family budget! I will defiantly go back!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

I have been going to Dr. DeMercurio for many years and cannot say enough good things about the doctor and his staff. The doctor always explains the exams thoroughly to me in a manner I can understand. He even drew a picture of the eye to explain astigmatism on my first visit years ago! His staff has alway been very warm to me and treat me like family. I referred many friends and family to him and they are also very happy.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008