Ratings for Dr. Margarita Rosa Ochoa-Maya

Seemed knowledgable, but like to talk about herself and how she wrote a book. She used too many supplements that had to be bought from a certain company. Too expensive to come back every 5-6 weeks for lab results. Most doctors have you come back every 3 months at first, not every 6 weeks. Tried giving her another chance a couple of years later because I really needed help, but my calls were never returned. Thankfully, I found a doctor who could help and took insurance.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

She walked out on her patients who did not harm or wrong her what kind of person hurts their patients who cared for her and trusted her and thought she was also a friend to us that is mean and so rude she will do the same again

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Terrible bedside matter. Screamed at me when I brought in more information about how I felt. Never had a doctor act like she did. She is totally unprofessional!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Dr. Ochoa-Maya is very knowledgeable and has deep knowledge in her field of Endocrinology. Furthermore, she takes an approach that focuses on lifestyle and prevention. She is well educated in nutrition, exercise, and worked with me to resolve my issues. I was very happy with my experience, and will trust her with anything!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

My PCP recommended Dr. Ochoa-Maya and gave me her office number. I literally called 22 times and sometimes the number was even disconnected. I looked her up online and was unable to find any other contact #. I even sent her an email through her webpage, and heard nothing. To my horror like a week later she managed to find me on LinkedIn and ask to connect, I obviously declined!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. Ochoa-Maya is not like most doctors you may have worked with. This is a good thing. Don't let her unconventional manner or esoterically decorated office fool you. These are the hallmarks of confidence that come along with being an extremely well trained and knowledgeable doctor. What sets her apart is that she really listens during the evaluation and diagnostic process. Furthermore, you come to realize that she sincerely cares about your progress throughout the treatment. It's as if you are being treated by a member of your family. Her level of expertise and attention to detail set her far above the average doctor. I would recommend her to anyone I cared about.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Dr. Ochoa-Maya "consistently" displays qualities of one who has your utmost well-being in mind. She is one who is readily available in times of trauma and celebrates your healing: spirit, soul, and body. I am very appreciative of her accessibility after hours, and her willingness to pursue avenues of treatment that other doctors have shied away from. She is approachable, compassion, and kind. This doctor believes in educating her patients, and teaching them how to be active participants in their healing process. She has earned my praise and respect. Recently I have had a relapse of some of my symptoms after not experiencing any for seven months. Dr. Ochoa-Maya is always encouraging and looks on the bright side of things. I am thankful to have a doctor like her and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a qualified endocrinologist. She goes above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you, Dr. Ochoa-Maya

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I would never recommend this doctor or her practice to anyone. I had one visit with her. Though her office atmosphere is very nice and pleasant, her office is very un-doctor like. The majority of my appointment she recommended I check out her blog and buy books. I decided to switch doctors and afterwards I needed some information sent to me, once they found out I was not going to their practice anymore no one would return any of my phone calls or emails. I emailed 2 different email addresses I found and place 6+ phone calls and left very detailed and thorough voicemails. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had at a physicians office. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

She seems to push medications even though I could not afford it. She seems to mean well but can come flighty and all over the place.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

I absolutely "love" this Dr. She is very knowledgeable and listens to you and welcomes your input. She is not afraid to tell you if she doesn't know something and keeps working at it until she finds an answer. Her office and waiting room is absolutely beautiful and peaceful. I have a very rare condition, and she was not afraid to take on my case. Other doctors. labeled me and she never did. I have utmost respect for this woman, and she is very resourceful. I appreciate the fact that she teaches me how to become my own advocate. This woman is there for her patients and has informative blogs. She is exceptional, and is to be thanked over and over again for all she does. She is very thorough. Thank you, Olympia Clark

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012