Ratings for Dr. Nedra Jan Rosen

I have been going to Dr. Rosen for more than 10 years. She never remembers me. Even worse, I had asked her about the chicken pox vaccine and she said I didn't need it. The next year, I got the chicken pox at age 30. Similarly, when I went to see her about travel medication for a trip to India, she sent me to get a Meningitis Vaccine when I had already had it the year before. Luckily, the woman at Cornell Medical Center caught the mistake. My impression of Dr. Rosen is that she has too many patients and is therefore not paying enough attention to each one.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Rosen for 5 years and I love her! She is a great doctor-- and is very caring! I feel completely comfortable talking to her about any problems. She is simply the best!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

A real cold fish who seems more wrapped up in herself than in genuine caring for others. Claimed to have not gotten messages or mailed documents. I wish I had better things to say.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

I have been going to Dr. Rosen for over ten years now and have kept with her whether she was on my plan or not. She is extremely patient and listens to everything and likes to be kept up to date. When my mother met her after many years, she was so impressed with her she couldn't stop talking about it for a long time! I've been to many doctors over the years and have dealt with plenty that do not have a clue, or a concern. She is a keeper.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2007

I am very impressed with Nedra Rosen. She is meticulous and listens well. And her follow up is fantastic! She calls and/or emails test results promptly. And her referrals are have been good.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

She had no idea what was wrong with me. Ran a few standard tests, sent me to another equally incompetent specialst. Blamed my severe symptoms on "you may be depressed." I wasn't. Turned out after I went to another doctor I had medical problems that needed to be treated, including cardiac irregularities and seizure activity. I was getting frequent migraines that she didn't treat (probably because she didn't believe me), and a neurologist sent me to a head pain specialist. And by the way, a psych evaluated me and said I'm not depressed, but sick. Dr. Rosen is not a good listener. She did nothing to help me, didn't know enough to know where to send me for help, and worse yet, didn't care.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007

I am so lucky to have found a doctor who represents what the true medical profession ought to be. Expertise,compassion and great follow plus much more is what you'll get if you are lucky enough to have her as your doctor. Her staff is equally as professional and caring. When you call their office you never feel like you are imposing on them. They return all calls and they are very efficient in notifying you of pending issues. I'm never hesitant to schedule or keep my appointments. They are the best New York City has to offer.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006

I don't get sick much and usually will go to any doctor in my plan. She is the only doctor I have made a point to go back to because she listens, is thorough, and level-headed. She took all my symptoms into account and realized I had additional symptoms I didn't mention because I didn't know they were related! She treated my asthma during pregnanct by getting my heart burn under control. I had no idea heartburn could trigger asthma, but it does, and once the heartburn was OK, the breathing was fine. It was such a simple solution to a more serious problem.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2006

she remembers EVERYTHING and is very sympathetic. she is one of the real CARING doctors out there!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2006

Dr. Rosen is fantastic. Answers all of your questions. Calls on or writes you a note on all test results. I do believe she is one of the best doctors that I have gone to.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2005

Dr. Nedra Jan Rosen's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1980)