Ratings for Dr. Adam P. Brown

Dr. Brown, his PA and entire staff, based on my experiences are absolutely First Class. I was seeing him for several years, then had a break in visits for a few years and then back to him in May of this year, and surgery in June. I can honestly say that every visit, every phone call to his staff, and most recently, the surgery were all performed in a very professional, punctual and overall excellent manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone as based on my experience, there is none better.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

The absolute best in the area and for that matter the United States. I have lived all over the US and I would fly myself and family to receive care from this talented and gifted surgeon

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

The doctor is very smart in his field, but that where it ends. His staff is horribly rude. I am a patient of his for 13 years after 12 years his office manager made me pay for my appointment in advance. Never before did his office ask me this. I asked why and the office manager said since I have a open workers Comp case open they need me to pay first. I said I never had to pay before I saw the doctor and they always billed my insurance. I need to mention I was seeing Dr Brown for something that has nothing to do with my workers Comp case.. nothing at all for the past 12 years. I had been seeing him for something else and paying thru my private insurance for 12 years..!! I asked why I was being treated like this after Being a patient for 12 years .. The office manager said that they had a problem with a workers Comp patient that did not give a check to the doctor that was for his services and the patient stole the money by cashing the check. I said what does this have to do with me I'm not that patient and I don't see him for a workers Comp case..!! The office manager said she doesn't care what I think and those are the rules and pay first or you don't get to talk to the doctor about your MRI results. I paid the money and then asked how I get R.E.M. rust from my insurance company and I asked for a receipt which they didn't want to give me at first until my check cleared. My you I never ever did anything to have this doctors office feel like they could not trust me. I went home after seeing the PA and not Dr Brown and called Social Security Benefits and my supprimental Ins and both said I cannot file the bill the doctor has to because he excepts Medicare payments. I called doctor Browns office back and talked with the manager which took 2 days to get back to me and she said she could. It help me and hungup on me. I was mad I called back and wrote a letter to the office stating I want to be rememburst and they need to bill Medicare.. I was polite and said they must have me mixed up with someone else. I never heard back from them I only got my rememburstment check sent to me in the mail with nothing else. This doctors bed manner and staff is horrible and I am a still a patient. I see him ever 3 years for a MRI follow up on my condition that needs to be kept an eye on. The only reason I'm staying a patient is to see the doctor next time and confront him as to why after 13 years I was treated and talked to like this.. my suggestion if you pay him cash he loves you. If he doesn't like your insurance he doesn't like you. His staff is horribly rude and unprofessional. Find yourself a better doctor..!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr. Brown is wonderful. He took time to review all my scans and MRI's, answer my questions, and schedule new X-rays. I felt he was really interested in my case. I highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr Brown performed Spinal Surgery L3-S1. He was very help full in answering all my questions and following after surgery. Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Brown is a skilled neurosurgeon who is able to identify a spinal issue and recommend options. I select my doctors for their skills, not for their friendliness. He is busy and is only in the office twice a week because he and his PA are performing surgeries all day the other three days. I had a discectomy and fusion of two discs in January and today I pulled anchor on our boat. I owe my pain free life to Dr. Brown and his team.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

About 11 months ago, I fractured my lower spine and developed spondylolisthesis. My physical therapist recommended me to go see a neurosurgeon at Duke University hospital, dealt with them for about 5 months, and was extremely disappointed with their advice and attitude about my future. Me being only 22 years old made them think that I shouldn't have to have surgery. Luckily, my father ran into Dr. Brown and he immediately wanted to help me get better and was willing to see me almost immediately. After only 1 appointment with him, I knew that I wanted him to be my surgeon and I trusted everything he said to me. Dr. Brown performed a lumbar spinal fusion on me less than a month later and I couldn't be happier with the results. He has checked in on me to see my progress and truly cares about my health. I 100% recommend him to anybody needing a spinal fusion because 5 weeks in, I'm walking almost 2 miles a day and I spend about 30 min in the pool doing therapy. He's a wonderful person and surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Had surgery on lower back with rods placed and have had more pain than I could ever imagine since. Dr. and PA tell me that things looks great on x-ray and there is no reason for my pain. Really? Staff is not friendly and getting to see the Dr. is very difficult as he and his assistant are only in the office 2 days a wk.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Extremely disappointed, saddened, and regretting I ever knew Dr. Brown, the PA, and other staff members. Terrible health-care facility. Should be reviewed or even closed to the public. Not at all of what I had imagined. A terrific let-down. Extremely non-professional, very little follow-up even after two or three attempts. Now I'm the one suffering 24/7. I was told Dr. Brown was a Christian and would pray with you before surgery. I probably saw him 10 minutes during the 5 months I've been seeing him as a patient. I probably talked with him about 5 minutes during the initial visit and 5 minutes prior to surgery. No More! That was it! NO PEOPLE SKILLS AT ALL! They act like they are above us human beings that need help. My friends and I are discussing turning him in for a full medical review by the state.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

This is the worst office staff I've ever experienced. The doctor was fine it was just getting to see him. His staff were rude and acted like you were not their priority. It took weeks to get appointments and then they wouldn't call you back (I had to call them). They lost my paperwork (upstairs said it was downstairs, downstairs said it was upstairs). Really? The last straw that made me leave was when I called to see why they hadn't called me back with my appointment and the lady at the desk told me "she didn't have time for me"! That was it-I called and had my paperwork moved to a doctor in Greenville and I'm so glad I did. His staff needs to learn to be friendly and helpful and act like they belong in a public job! I would never recommend him just due to his office employees.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Adam P. Brown's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Oxford