Ratings for Dr. John Michael Avallone

My son had surgery today, my wife and myself were quite concerned, Dr. Avallone and his staff were excellent at relieving our concerns. I would strongly recommend them to anyone i know. They show genuine concern for your childs well being, from the bottom of my heart i would like to thank them all for the wonderfull job they did.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Was referred to Dr. Avallone by another eye doctor. Dr. Avallone was able to see me the same day (Friday afternoon). I had to have an MRI performed that evening and Dr. Avallone gave me his personal cell number to call after hours because he didn't want me to worry about the results of the MRI all weekend until his office opened again the following Monday. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr. Avallone and his staff are wonderful. I took my daughter (7) to them for her first eye appointment and I literally teared up watching the staff and Dr. Avallone with her. They are incredible with children. It is obvious that they love what they do. This was by far the BEST doctors office I have ever been to. Best bed side manners you will ever experience. Too bad we got a healthy check up because I would love to take my daughter back lol Thank you Dr.Avallone and Staff!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

I have been taking my son to Dr. Avallone for 6 years for accomodative strabismus. Dr. Avallone is, by far, my son's favorite provider and he always looks forward to his visits. Dr. Avallone is great with kids and a comfort and source of knowledge for parents. There is a nurse tech there that, as kind as she is, I feel does not get quite as accurate readings as the other tech or as Dr. Avallone does. But I always feel comfortable because I know that Dr. Avallone double checks.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I have to agree with everyone. I took my 3 month old son to see him because his pediatrician recommended him. He was soooo nice and thorough! He played with my son and everything. He told me i had nothing to worry about, the problem would go away. Its gone now and he is 7 months.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

This guy is great with the kids and obviously cares a great deal about his patients and their families. One time we were in there and I could tell something was bothering him. At the end of my son's appointment he just pointed at my wife and said "You. Get in the chair." He had spotted something with her eyes and as a result it is now being taken care of. He will go out of his way to get you in if something may not be right, even fitting you into his lunch hour. And my kid loves him. The whole appointment is like a game. I cannot say enough good things about this guy. Super competent and great with the kids.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

I agree with what a previous post said, if all doctors were like Dr. Avallone, we wound not be in a national healthcare crisis. He takes his time with my daughter (who he has been seeing from 6 mos. thru to present 17 mos.) makes the exam a fun "game", is genuinely interested in child, parents and all questions, issues and concerns. He even will go OUT OF HIS WAY to see you if you have a serious problem. A++++, cannot say enough positive things about him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

I brought my son, who is disabled, to see Dr. Avallone...what a fabulous experience! Dr. Avallone was thorough, understanding, reassuring, and kind. However, what impressed me the most about him was how respectful he was of/to Jack. Dr. Avallone appears to be a terricic opthamologist and an extraordinary human being.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

If all Doctors were like Dr. Avallone we would not be on the verge of a national healthcare crisis. This is man who you would like to have at your Thanksgiving Day Dinner table. He is the BEST. He is by far the best Doctor we have ever seen in our family. He takes time with the child as well as the parent. No question is stupid. His staff was very accomodating as well. Office is nice, clean and not overwhelming.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2008

What a lovely man!!! He was so good with my 18 month old daughter today. He spent a lot of time with her and gave her a very through exam. he is kind, calm, and very friendly. We will continue to see Dr. Avallone, even though he does not take our insurance. He is great!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2007

Dr. John Michael Avallone's Credentials

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences (Grad. 1986)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union