Ratings for Dr. Stephen Joseph Hittman

dr Hittman has been my kids pediatrician for the last 11 yrs. It is so sad that he left the practice to pusue other avenues of caring for children. We miss him!!! I am leaving this practice because he is no longer there and the office and support staff are a bit curt and at times border on rude and uncaring. I put up with it because he was there.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Dr Hittman has been the best doctor we have ever had in over 20+ years. He is so missed @ is office Jennifer R., matthew & Alex

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

I love, love, love Dr. Hittman. He always takes the time to answer all of my questions (even if I have 20+). He is also excellent with referrals. My daughter had a hip problem and he referred us to an orthopedist who is also wonderful. He explains things in an easily understandable way and he always addresses my children by name (even my son who goes by his middle name. He never gets that wrong) and takes the time to ask them how they are instead of looking at me and asking what the problem is. The office is always able to fit my children in if they are sick.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

Dr. Hittman his punctuality is just wonderful, he 's knowledgeable, more than that he is a real people person he really cares about the children. He very personable, patient , kind and loves his patients. He always answers your questions and never rushes, he treats you like a person not and chart number. He really gets to know his little patients. My son has been going to Dr Hittman sense he was about 6 months old, and he just loves him my son is now going on 14 and he couldn't love Dr. Hittman , he tells me he never wants another doctor. He loves the one on one personal relationship with his doctor. I love that he returns your calls pretty much right away when you have to leave a message for him & I love how he checks up on his patients. Over all Dr Hittman is the greatest pediatric Dr. there is.My Whole family loves Dr. Hittman !

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

Always punctual. Always helpful. Always takes time to listen to parent and takes into account the parent's "experience/gut instincts" of their child. Always explains and educates. Extremely good with kids. Our 3 year old left his office and said, "I love him!"

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Hittman has been our family pediatrician for over eight years. Both my children love him, as do I. Appointments are thorough and he genuinely listens to issues or concerns. Dr. Hittman returns phone calls promptly and is patient with all of us. I wish he accepted adult patients!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2007

Dr. Hittman is very kind and good with kids. He answers all my questions and doesn't make me feel like we are being rushed. He returns phone calls promptly and the office has fit us in the same day when my daughter was sick.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2006

He has a great personality. He listens and answers my questions. He has made accurate diagnoses, but was willing to give us a referral to a specialist to confirm his diagnosis when I wanted another opinion. He returns phone calls promptly and does not seem to be bothered by phone calls like some other doctors. The staff is organized and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2006

I loved him, he helped raise my kids from the time they were very small till they reached 18. His support staff are very nice too.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2005

My kids love him. He's friendly and down to earth. I see him or the other pediatrician every time - not revolving door and seeing so many doctors that they don't know you.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2005

Dr. Stephen Joseph Hittman's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union