Ratings for Dr. Patrick H. Heron

I am 38.5 weeks pregnant and my prenatal doctor believes I am suffering from hypertension. I have had spikes in my blood pressure, I have had sever headaches accompanied by visual disturbances, and my doctor believes that in one of the occasions where I collapsed I had a seizure. I have elevated glucose levels and have had a horrible pregnancy overall. I went to Dr.Heron for the first two trimesters and absolutely nothing was done. None of the tests required. No fetal anatomy no glucose test no blood work. I expressed all my concerns to Dr.Heron such as how I would eat certain foods (sugars) and how I would start feeling sick. I asked if it was possible to be suffering from diabetes. He replied "stop eating foods that make you feel sick" I had to ask the nurse to write me a referral for the exam. I did the exam and requested the results several times over several months and was never given them. I decided to change doctors once I hit my third trimester but unfortunately my delivery would still be done by Dr.Heron due to my insurance. i thought maybe heron was good at delivery just had horrible bed side manners ( I was wrong). Once I arrived to my new doctor he had all the tests i needed done. My glucose came out elevated but since I was so far along in pregnancy there wasn't much to do. I finally got an anatomy done in my third trimester. My new doctor says I'm suffering from hypertension and that there is no need to put myself or the baby in danger if I was already 38 weeks. I was later that day hospitalized for high blood pressure, sent home after a urine test not even 30 minutes later under doctor Heron's advice to send me home. I go home and start bleeding. Go back to the hospital after my doctor saw me the following day and Heron once again sent me home after they managed to get my blood pressure stabilized. Again went back to my doctor. And he told me that at this point I have the right not to leave a hospital if I feel my life or the baby's life is in danger. He told me to personally go talk to Heron so I can further explain to him all my symptoms. I go to his office after talking to Silvia, his wife who seemed extremely concerned as well. She was at first upset that I had left the office but once I told her I just felt like I needed more attention she became understanding. The second I get to the office I can feel the negative energy. They were rude and wouldn't even look me in the eye. Now to think about it maybe they were just avoiding eye contact because they knew what was about to happen. The second that Dr. Heron came into the office all he stated was " So you decided to leave my office" took measurements of my belly and said okay then and started to walk away. I looked confused at my fiance and the nurse. I told the nurse that the reason I came to the office was to talk to him about my concerns and he turned around all full of attitude and almost hate. I quickly told him that Dr. C, felt I was suffering from hypertension and he told me very rudely, cutting me off " Is that doctor doing your delivery or am I" then he walked away. I stormed out of there to hide my tears. How can a man be so careless. How can a doctor not care about the health of a baby, was I wrong in wanting the best for my child? If i feel so bad isn't it possible there is something wrong? So I proceeded to call my lawyer whom later spoke to both the doctor and his wife who stated that my fiance and myself were to dumb to know what the procedures were. How can a doctor call us dumb? The man is heartless and honestly he scares me. He plays with life. That's his only sick pleasure. I've sat in his office and heard how patients have still born babies from the mothers themselves blaming it on life tragedies. Maybe they should blame the doctor for not being a doctor and just a sick money hungry man. hypertension kills babies and mothers too. He's like a serial killer who has a license to birth these babies and occasionally have a few die so he can birth dead babies. He has no malpractice insurance. Do not deliver with this man. If that hospital even brings that man close to me or my baby after me telling them I feel our lives are in danger, we will bring down that hospital. Yes this man has 25+ yrs of experience and hes probably an excellent surgeon due to how many years he's been practicing but how many babies do you think have died under his care?

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I only went for one appointment and decided to switch doctors immediately. He is extremely dry, unhospitable and rude. He gives the impression that he could honestly care less about the patients. He is point-blank and treats people as dumb if they have questions.With the exception of the Office Manager there, the atmosphere of the entire office is very cold. The staff is rude and unhelpful. After I found a new doctor, it took MONTHS for this office to send information from my first appointment to my new doctor. It seems this is a pattern from other reviews and the people that work at his office are constantly trying to avoid responsibility or doing any actual work required of them. I HIGHLY do not recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Had to wait at least 1 hour or more every visit

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. Patrick H. Heron's Credentials

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med, Washington Dc 20059 (Grad. 1972)