Ratings for Dr. Arlette N. Pharo

Truly awful experience. I went to Dr. Pharo briefly (twice) last year. Terrible. She ordered my thyroid medication incorrectly (she wanted to switch what I had previously been taking) by not considering interactions with other medications, and it took over a week to get it called in correctly-- and much longer to re-stabilize my thyroid. Also, she sets her prices, and then got verbally angry that I expected to be charged what I was told I would be charged (got angry about "how much time she spent with me"- but half of it was in the hall talking to another patient, and also looking up the codes for blood tests (thyroid antibodies) that she should know if truly a hormone expert, as she touts herself. Never responded to request for refill from the pharmacy for my Rx-- leaving me without my thyroid medication until I could find a new doctor (I was still her patient at that point-- but clearly did not return after this). And I never received the superbill to submit to insurance via fax that I was promised by the incompetent front desk. Oh, and the whole point of my second appointment was to put lidocaine into a scar-- but she "didn't have time" and wanted to me to reschedule (i.e., pay for another cash appointment)-- telling me she was sure it would really help me. I waited while she ran late with patients before me, but she didn't have time for my appointment or to do a procedure she thought would help my pain-- yet was angry with how much I was paying her. She literally spent 10-15 minutes with me, and acted like that was an overextension. Awful, disrespectful, pathetic, and financially motivated practice. Would not recommend even to a desperate person.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

The staff does not seem supported by the doctor, poorly organized, expensive, look elsewhere, not worth the time & money.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

There are many competent doctors in Houston. Sadly, Dr. Pharo is not one of them - she is pleasant and well-meaning, but not someone I'd ever make the mistake again of trusting my family with.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Dr Pharo is BEST doctor I've ever been to, & I've been to a lot! I found Dr Pharo in 1990 & she literally SAVED MY LIFE! I know many of her patients say same thing! In my case, other docs had missed my major problem entirely! Whoever wrote neg-comments, especially the Sept 17, 2014 comment should GET THEIR FACTS CHECKED & that post should be Removed because it is slanderous Lie! Although I also thought something was happening to my great doc because around that time period she showed symptoms where she had trouble walking and her usual eloquent speaking voice was sometimes off. But I was smart enough to ask about it & Fact Check revealed she went through a serious life threatening illness that caused those symptoms! After a week in the hospital, working with her colleagues & doing her own good protocols she returned better than ever! I have been going to Dr Pharo for decades & everyone I sent her is still with her & thinks she's fantastic! Of course every bus has staff problems sometimes. Most important: You want a doc that tells you the truth, knows good medicine, spends a lot of time with you during office visit & follow ups & most certainly devoted to helping you get & stay healthy...Go To Dr. Pharo! She's 5 stars & more!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Arlette Pharo is AMAZING doctor! She helped like no other physician I could find anywhere! Over 24+ years she did have some staff problems she resolved. Her current staff and new office location off 610 North is WONDERFUL! Most important she helped me with hormones, allergies, recovery from a botched surgery by another physician, solved my problems with anemia and other life threatening issues. You can trust her expertise, experience and compassion. She spends quality time with her patients and is extremely talented with her diagnostics and treatment plans she customizes for the individual patient. I don’t agree with any negative comments. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND going to Dr. Pharo because YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT and I really know because she Literally "SAVED MY LIFE"! Make your own appointment with Dr. Pharo, you won’t regret it! AMAZING & GIFTED DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Arlette for about 24 years. She has taken such good care of me all those years. I have been kept healthy and on top of any problems I may have with her care. One time I was so very sad, I must have cried in her office for about 45 min. She was with me and helped me work through that awful moment in my life. I live out of state now, but see her anyway. I cannot replace her. I cannot believe those comments below as that has never been my experience.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Find someone else

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Pharo's practice is very unprofessional. Her staff do not return calls, lack experience, and are nothing more than clerks working the register to take your money. I am no longer a patient and suggest you seek help elsewhere. There are plenty of good doctors in Houston.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I agree with the most recent low rating comments as well.Dr. Pharo and the staff are very unorganized. Dr. Pharo is very unprofessional, takes personal calls during your time of visit. The Dr. is extremenly late on appointments. The staff cannot take blood pressure readings and in looking at the techs I wouldn't trust them to draw blood.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr Arlette Pharo's office is most unprofessional and disorganized. Very poor record keeping and does not provide medical records on a timely manner. This doctor was charged with misconduct by Texas Medical Board for this reason. Practice is questionable and untrustworthy. Dr. Pharo and her staff does not return calls. Her knowledge, beliefs and diagnosis are risky. It is a "cash" business for the doctor. I believe this is what she truly cares about, not people. I am no longer a patient, nor would I recommend. We have the very best doctors in Houston. Look around and check Texas Medical Board.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Arlette N. Pharo's Credentials

• Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr, Tx Coll Osteo Med, Ft Worth Tx 76107 (Grad. 1988)