Ratings for Dr. George J. Kaptain

Dr Kaptain was a God Sent to us. He explained everything so that we understood exactly what was happening and felt at ease with him. I would highly recommend Dr Kaptain due to his professionalism and high level of patient care.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

On March 28, 2018 i was seen by Dr. Kaptain for the bain tumor which is 5cm in size found in my brain. I was scheduled for Craniotomy after Holy Week. Dr. Kaptain and his team are amazing, they make me feel that I'm the only patient. Amazing bedside manners, compassionate ,pleasant and great listener. He answered all questions my family members asked him regarding the procedure to be done. I am very grateful and thankful for the entire team in helping me through this journey.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

I live in Vermont and I was recommended to meet with Dr. George Kaptain regarding some tumors found in my brain. Dr Kaptain coordinated my visits between my Oncologist and himself to assure my treatment was handled as quickly and efficiently as possible. On March 26, 2018 Dr George Kaptain removed the tumor and it was identified as mantle cell non-hodgkins lymphoma. I did not experience any pain or headache from the procedure. Care was given to minimize any scarring and the location of the surgical incision was thoughtfully done to match my hair style. Prior to the surgery, Dr. Kaptain was very thorough in explaining the process of the procedure; he was very detailed in his objectives and was excellent in his follow-up. Dr Kaptain made me feel so very comfortable that I had absolutely no anxiety before or after the procedure. I felt very confident in the outcome. I would highly recommend Dr. George Kaptain when you need a highly qualified neurosurgeon in your corner. He is very personable, pleasant, warm, compassionate and he is a great listener. I am very grateful for Dr. Kaptain and his entire staff who was very thorough in assisting me through this journey.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Kaptain On January 9th, I received a call from my endocrinologist after having a CAT scan that I had a 3.5 cm brain tumor. They had set me up with a Neurosurgeon affiliated with another hospital. I spoke to the staff several times and they were very rude and kept on telling me different things. I had this gut feeling I needed to find another doctor. I turned to Facebook for recommendations. Immediately, 6 people started telling me Dr. Kaptain. Upset and emotional I called his office. His staff listened to me, were very caring and immediately gave me an appointment for a few days later. Scared and not knowing what to expect. Dr. Kaptain walked in sat down on a chair right in front of me and my husband and began to explain everything to us. I have never had a doctor be so personable and caring. He answered every possible question we had. He eased my mind, he gave me hope and I just couldn’t get over how knowledgeable he was. Every time I see him in the office I feel like I am his only patient. He listens, answers every question, and is just a great guy to be around. He makes you feel positive. 2 weeks after that I went in for my surgery. He was able to completely remove the entire tumor for my brain. He is an amazing surgeon. When my family met with him when the surgery was finished they could see why I was so confident going in to this with Dr. Kaptain. He sat with them. Went over the whole procedure. Told them everything we needed to look for during my recovery. I am now 21 days brain tumor free. I truly believe that if I did not go with my gut feeling and switch to Dr. Kaptain this may have gone differently. Dr. Kaptain was compassionate, caring, skilled, knowledgeable and an amazing doctor. This was obviously an extremely difficult time for my family and he provided complete factual information in such a calming way which helped to lessen the stress without hesistation. Being a Mom, my worst fear was not being functional for my young kids. But, Dr. Kaptain made that happen. I am so Thankful to Dr. Kaptain and his staff for everything they have done for me! Dr. Kaptain saved my life!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

If not for you , I would still be in excruciating pain. Your treatment has worked like magic! There are no words to express my gratitude. Thank you for your expert care and personal kindness - Robert Melillo

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Amazing doctor here today because his surgery. Staff are great as well very helpful with questions. Dr. Kaptain cares for the patients health and recovery. Very concerned about his patient.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Doctor Kaptain is named number one most compassionate doctor of the year in my book.  Not only is he an expert in his field of neurosurgery, he truly cares about his patients. From the moment I consulted with him about the surgical procedure I would need to remove my brain tumor, then suddenly needing emergency brain surgery, until days after my surgery he was there. There to walk me down the hallways  of the hospital  until he was sure i was in the hands of the  amazing staff at Hackensack Hospital. He was there to console me and answer any questions I had as well as any concerns my family had. He is an outstanding neurosurgeon and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I am 32 years old and Doctor Kaptain saved my life! I will forever be extremely thankful that he performed my Brain surgery. He is an outstanding neurosurgeon and human being. He is an expert neurosurgeon with a great, caring heart! Thank you for everything! You and your team are my heroes :)

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Kaptain & his Team are profession individuals who made me feel like I was their only patient. I always felt as ease knowing that my well being came first. Dr. Kaptain has an amazing bed side manner which is extremely important. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaptain and his Team. You will be in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

After a misdiagnosis of a catarac being the cause of my loss of vision, I was fortunate that Dr. Kaptain was recommended after a MRI showed a pituitary tumor (adenoma) was pressing on my optic nerve. Dr. Kaptain swiftly arranged for my surgery before I had any further vision loss. The surgery was successful, vision has returned by 80% and hopefully will still improve. Dr. Kaptain reassured me every step of the way and that all would be ok. He was extremely compassionate and made me feel like I was very important to him. I would highly recommend him not only for his expertise, but for his caring nature as well.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. George J. Kaptain's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)