Ratings for Dr. George J. Kaptain

Doctor Kaptain is named number one most compassionate doctor of the year in my book.  Not only is he an expert in his field of neurosurgery, he truly cares about his patients. From the moment I consulted with him about the surgical procedure I would need to remove my brain tumor, then suddenly needing emergency brain surgery, until days after my surgery he was there. There to walk me down the hallways  of the hospital  until he was sure i was in the hands of the  amazing staff at Hackensack Hospital. He was there to console me and answer any questions I had as well as any concerns my family had. He is an outstanding neurosurgeon and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I am 32 years old and Doctor Kaptain saved my life! I will forever be extremely thankful that he performed my Brain surgery. He is an outstanding neurosurgeon and human being. He is an expert neurosurgeon with a great, caring heart! Thank you for everything! You and your team are my heroes :)

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Kaptain & his Team are profession individuals who made me feel like I was their only patient. I always felt as ease knowing that my well being came first. Dr. Kaptain has an amazing bed side manner which is extremely important. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaptain and his Team. You will be in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

After a misdiagnosis of a catarac being the cause of my loss of vision, I was fortunate that Dr. Kaptain was recommended after a MRI showed a pituitary tumor (adenoma) was pressing on my optic nerve. Dr. Kaptain swiftly arranged for my surgery before I had any further vision loss. The surgery was successful, vision has returned by 80% and hopefully will still improve. Dr. Kaptain reassured me every step of the way and that all would be ok. He was extremely compassionate and made me feel like I was very important to him. I would highly recommend him not only for his expertise, but for his caring nature as well.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

GET A SECOND OPINION before letting this butcher go in your head!!! Dr. George Kaptain misdiagnosed me as having a brain tumor(I had a MS lesion). Then went into CYA mode. I wouldn't let this A-HOLE with a god complex operate on a steak. Messed up my life due to a known unnecessary operation. Used scare tactics to discourage a 2nd opinion. Made surgery seem like time sensitive life & death situation. Withheld results for 2 weeks & summons me to the cancer center to inform me I never had a brain tumor. Now my right arm,hand & leg are useless. He stated "I'm a brain surgeon, I only work on brain tumors" .Yet this moron didn't even know the difference between MS (which would have been treatable) and a brain tumor. I would suggest anyone seeing this so called doctor GET A SECOND OPINION before letting this butcher go in your head!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have had a number of visits with Dr. Kaptain, who successfully diagnosed a brain issue that other doctors were unable to properly identify. Dr. Kaptain was extremely diligent, patient and very informative during the period of time that I was struggling with understanding exactly what was going on in my brain, and what were the possible side-effects and impacts to me. As you can imagine, this was a very stressful time for me, but Dr. Kaptain’s calm demeanor, professionalism and his ability to explain things in common everyday language, reassured me that I was in the “best of hands”. Dr. Kaptain made sure that my brain MRI’s were reviewed by the best radiologists, and collaborated with an exceptional Neuro-ophthalmologist to ensure that the correct treatment plan was successfully executed. I have been examined by many doctors over the course of my lifetime, but I can say without hesitation, that Dr. Kaptain is on the top of my list. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Kaptain is not only brilliant, but he truly cares about his patients. As a nurse by profession, and a patient of Dr. Kaptain's, I truly feel that I could not have found a better person to care for me. Neurosurgeons are notoriously busy, but Dr. Kaptain makes me feel as if I am his only patient. He is knowledgeable, and knows how to relay his super-knowledge in terms that are totally understandable. I know when the time comes for surgery, I am in excellent hands. He will do anything to avoid surgery as well and weigh all decisions before rushing in for surgery. How grateful am I, that a doctor this compassionate, knowledgeable and skilled is near me. I would travel far to have him as a doctor if it was necessary.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr.Kaptain is an amazing doctor, he saved my dad's life! I owe him so much. God Bless.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Dr. Kaptain is at the top of his field for many reasons: he is uber-competent, knowlegeable, compassionate, eloquent and very patient. He is associated with a top-rated hospital where the staff are competent and caring. His office staff is helpful and caring. I feel very grateful to have landed on his shift.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I am confident and pleased to have Dr. Kaptain. I am so thankful I am where I should be.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Dr. George J. Kaptain's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

MSP/BC Med