Ratings for Dr. George J. Kaptain

I recently had two surgeries with Dr. George Kaptain (One Neuro & one Spinal due to a recent Lymphoma diagnosis.) I was referred to him by my World Renowned Oncologist who specializes in my diseases and could not have been happier with the service, attention, care, warmth and quick response of Dr. Kaptain & his entire office. He explains everything involved clearly and is a warm and caring person. He was quick to offer his personal information if any concerns or questions came up. Really went above and beyond every step of the way. First Class Neurosurgeon, person & Dr. Would Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2019

Dr. George Kaptain saved my life. Not only does he have the skills and experience to give me confidence for an emergency surgery, but what makes him unparalleled to others is his patient care. His bedside manners are impeccable. His attentiveness to my well being have set the bar high for all doctors for which I believe will never be met.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2019

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Kaptain. This goes for the experience before surgery, during surgery, and after. He explained what would happen very well and was unusually friendly for a surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2019

When I was diagnosed with a meningioma Dr Kaptain took the time to patiently explain everything I was going through and how he was going to remove it. He focused solely on my case and how he would deal with any specific complications that would arise. His staff is patient and caring. And he personally follows up on your progress. I can’t recommend Dr Kaptain highly enough

flag | Submitted June 11, 2019

I was referred as an urgent case by Dr. Gopal my neuroophtalmologist to Dr. George Kaptain. I've lost my eyesight on the left eye and I could see that my right eye was also going to be damaged by the tumor. Once Dr. Kaptain saw me, he immediately determined to proceed. From the beginning as he explained to me and all my family about the procedure, we just knew that we landed on the best neurosurgeon in the Tri-State area. Besides his great scientific expertise, he's also a very compassionate human being where he sees that the most minimum logistical detail is taken care to make his patients at ease. I had two consecutive operations with him, on the first one the tumor was removed, but later on the void left by the tumor filled with coagulated blood. At every step he just knew how to react confidently and he also could predict the outcome. He sees that all the support personal and associated doctors work on tandem to take care of the patient on best possible way. I was truly amazed by his knowledge and charisma. Until the end when the nurses where trying to push some of my paper work for later, he would just come up and sign wherever was necessary to put everything in motion again. One one of my last days he personally walked me to see how long and well my coordination was (he could just have waited for the report of the physical therapist). He even took care of fixing a loose faucet in my bathroom (amazing!!!!!). I am totally impressed by Dr. Kaptain and I feel so lucky to have landed on his hands, my vision today went from 0 to about 95% cured with a great future prognosis of FULL recovery.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

I had a tumor in my pituitary gland which was diagnosed as affecting my current and future health. I had a consultation with Dr. George Kaptain, and like other doctors I'd seen (endocrinologists and neurosurgeons), he recommended surgery as most effective. I was satisfied with his experience and compassion, and last year I had the surgery. There were no major complications during the operation, and my MRI and bloodwork in the past year indicates the tumor was removed. I visited the Hackensack office and had my surgery at HUMC. I was happy with the office staff, and all aspects of my experience. Please get multiple medical opinions if you are facing a difficult medical decision (like brain surgery), but I have no regrets about choosing Dr Kaptain as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2018

Dr. George Kaptain and his team were extremely professional. He took the time to explain the issue, and options on how to address it. His bed side manner was outstanding because of his kindness and understanding. If I would to use a doctor as an example of how to interact with patients in a medical practice, it would be Dr. Kaptain. He went out of his way to accommodate me, even though I was a new patient. He showed confidence as well as humbleness. His traits are rare for a doctor with his high level of expertise. Not only would I recommend using his service if needed, I would suggest other doctors to study the way he interacts his patients. Vince Gallipoli

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Dr Kaptain was a God Sent to us. He explained everything so that we understood exactly what was happening and felt at ease with him. I would highly recommend Dr Kaptain due to his professionalism and high level of patient care.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

On March 28, 2018 i was seen by Dr. Kaptain for the bain tumor which is 5cm in size found in my brain. I was scheduled for Craniotomy after Holy Week. Dr. Kaptain and his team are amazing, they make me feel that I'm the only patient. Amazing bedside manners, compassionate ,pleasant and great listener. He answered all questions my family members asked him regarding the procedure to be done. I am very grateful and thankful for the entire team in helping me through this journey.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

I live in Vermont and I was recommended to meet with Dr. George Kaptain regarding some tumors found in my brain. Dr Kaptain coordinated my visits between my Oncologist and himself to assure my treatment was handled as quickly and efficiently as possible. On March 26, 2018 Dr George Kaptain removed the tumor and it was identified as mantle cell non-hodgkins lymphoma. I did not experience any pain or headache from the procedure. Care was given to minimize any scarring and the location of the surgical incision was thoughtfully done to match my hair style. Prior to the surgery, Dr. Kaptain was very thorough in explaining the process of the procedure; he was very detailed in his objectives and was excellent in his follow-up. Dr Kaptain made me feel so very comfortable that I had absolutely no anxiety before or after the procedure. I felt very confident in the outcome. I would highly recommend Dr. George Kaptain when you need a highly qualified neurosurgeon in your corner. He is very personable, pleasant, warm, compassionate and he is a great listener. I am very grateful for Dr. Kaptain and his entire staff who was very thorough in assisting me through this journey.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. George J. Kaptain's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)