Ratings for Dr. George J. Kaptain

GET A SECOND OPINION before letting this butcher go in your head!!! Dr. George Kaptain misdiagnosed me as having a brain tumor(I had a MS lesion). Then went into CYA mode. I wouldn't let this A-HOLE with a god complex operate on a steak. Messed up my life due to a known unnecessary operation. Used scare tactics to discourage a 2nd opinion. Made surgery seem like time sensitive life & death situation. Withheld results for 2 weeks & summons me to the cancer center to inform me I never had a brain tumor. Now my right arm,hand & leg are useless. He stated "I'm a brain surgeon, I only work on brain tumors" .Yet this moron didn't even know the difference between MS (which would have been treatable) and a brain tumor. I would suggest anyone seeing this so called doctor GET A SECOND OPINION before letting this butcher go in your head!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have had a number of visits with Dr. Kaptain, who successfully diagnosed a brain issue that other doctors were unable to properly identify. Dr. Kaptain was extremely diligent, patient and very informative during the period of time that I was struggling with understanding exactly what was going on in my brain, and what were the possible side-effects and impacts to me. As you can imagine, this was a very stressful time for me, but Dr. Kaptain’s calm demeanor, professionalism and his ability to explain things in common everyday language, reassured me that I was in the “best of hands”. Dr. Kaptain made sure that my brain MRI’s were reviewed by the best radiologists, and collaborated with an exceptional Neuro-ophthalmologist to ensure that the correct treatment plan was successfully executed. I have been examined by many doctors over the course of my lifetime, but I can say without hesitation, that Dr. Kaptain is on the top of my list. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Kaptain is not only brilliant, but he truly cares about his patients. As a nurse by profession, and a patient of Dr. Kaptain's, I truly feel that I could not have found a better person to care for me. Neurosurgeons are notoriously busy, but Dr. Kaptain makes me feel as if I am his only patient. He is knowledgeable, and knows how to relay his super-knowledge in terms that are totally understandable. I know when the time comes for surgery, I am in excellent hands. He will do anything to avoid surgery as well and weigh all decisions before rushing in for surgery. How grateful am I, that a doctor this compassionate, knowledgeable and skilled is near me. I would travel far to have him as a doctor if it was necessary.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr.Kaptain is an amazing doctor, he saved my dad's life! I owe him so much. God Bless.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Dr. Kaptain is at the top of his field for many reasons: he is uber-competent, knowlegeable, compassionate, eloquent and very patient. He is associated with a top-rated hospital where the staff are competent and caring. His office staff is helpful and caring. I feel very grateful to have landed on his shift.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I am confident and pleased to have Dr. Kaptain. I am so thankful I am where I should be.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Kaptain to anyone that is looking for a neurosurgeon. He took on our daughters case after one failed surgery and we could not be happier with the results. The comfort of knowing her life was in his capable hands was such a relief to our family. We can not thank him enough for giving her her life back. Our daughter was diagnosed with Cushing Disease which is a pituitary tumor, it's rare for adults let alone a child and he gave us the hope of a complete recovery for her. He was with us every step of the way and at the hospital everyday of our stay, you can not ask for anything more than that. Knowing your doctor is compassionate, caring and has yours and his patients best interests at heart. We can not begin to express our thanks to him and his entire staff.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Every positive review here repeated and times 10!!! Excellent, caring, communicative, confident, compassionate. He operated on my father for metastatic brain tumor in an emergency situation and later for gamma knife with Dr. Ingenito. He is above and beyond any doctor (manner/knowledge/humanity) I have ever met --- and have met many through my older parents' health and conditions.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Simply the best! During this most stressful time in my life, Dr. Kaptain took the time to fully explain my condition (brain tumor), the surgery required for removal, what to expect before and after surgery. He listened to my concerns and questions and thoroughly answered them with patience. He is very kind hearted and the nicest person! He truly is an amazing surgeon! I would HIGHLY recommend him for any type of brain surgery. THANK YOU DR. KAPTAIN!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr Kaptain took as much time as needed every time we met with him. Never felt rushed or as if he had other patients waiting. We were his sole focus at each appointment. He is an ultimate professional. With your life literally in his hands, We felt extremely confident being under his care. Dr Kaptain is who you want for neurosurgery.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. George J. Kaptain's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Multiplan