You may also like

Ratings for Dr. George J. Kaptain

Dr. Kaptain is at the top of his field for many reasons: he is uber-competent, knowlegeable, compassionate, eloquent and very patient. He is associated with a top-rated hospital where the staff are competent and caring. His office staff is helpful and caring. I feel very grateful to have landed on his shift.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Kaptain to anyone that is looking for a neurosurgeon. He took on our daughters case after one failed surgery and we could not be happier with the results. The comfort of knowing her life was in his capable hands was such a relief to our family. We can not thank him enough for giving her her life back. Our daughter was diagnosed with Cushing Disease which is a pituitary tumor, it's rare for adults let alone a child and he gave us the hope of a complete recovery for her. He was with us every step of the way and at the hospital everyday of our stay, you can not ask for anything more than that. Knowing your doctor is compassionate, caring and has yours and his patients best interests at heart. We can not begin to express our thanks to him and his entire staff.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Every positive review here repeated and times 10!!! Excellent, caring, communicative, confident, compassionate. He operated on my father for metastatic brain tumor in an emergency situation and later for gamma knife with Dr. Ingenito. He is above and beyond any doctor (manner/knowledge/humanity) I have ever met --- and have met many through my older parents' health and conditions.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Simply the best! During this most stressful time in my life, Dr. Kaptain took the time to fully explain my condition (brain tumor), the surgery required for removal, what to expect before and after surgery. He listened to my concerns and questions and thoroughly answered them with patience. He is very kind hearted and the nicest person! He truly is an amazing surgeon! I would HIGHLY recommend him for any type of brain surgery. THANK YOU DR. KAPTAIN!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr Kaptain took as much time as needed every time we met with him. Never felt rushed or as if he had other patients waiting. We were his sole focus at each appointment. He is an ultimate professional. With your life literally in his hands, We felt extremely confident being under his care. Dr Kaptain is who you want for neurosurgery.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. Kaptain's calm , professional, and confident demeanor made a difficult surgery easier to understand and deal with. He performed excellent surgery on our daughter and has been our rock through a very frightening time in our lives. Our daughter is well and expected to live a long life. Thank God for Dr. Kaptain, or as he's known around our house..."Saint Kaptain"! We love him and would recommend him to anyone who is need of a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

excellent surgeon. great bedside manner. correct diagnosis,successful surgery.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. George J. Kaptain's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kaptain is at the top of his field for many reasons: he is uber-competent, knowlegeable, compassionate, eloquent and very patient. He is associated with a ..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Misdiagnosed me as having a brain tumor(I had a MS lesion). Then went into CYA mode. I wouldn't let this A-HOLE with a god complex operate on a steak. Messed up..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am confident and pleased to have Dr. Kaptain. I am so thankful I am where I should be. "

November 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr. Kaptain to anyone that is looking for a neurosurgeon. He took on our daughters case after one failed surgery and we could not be h..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Every positive review here repeated and times 10!!! Excellent, caring, communicative, confident, compassionate. He operated on my father for metastatic brain ..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply the best! During this most stressful time in my life, Dr. Kaptain took the time to fully explain my condition (brain tumor), the surgery required for re..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kaptain took as much time as needed every time we met with him. Never felt rushed or as if he had other patients waiting. We were his sole focus at each ap..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kaptain's calm , professional, and confident demeanor made a difficult surgery easier to understand and deal with. He performed excellent surgery on our da..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very compassionate and professional . Always took the time to explain medical procedure , reason for and results . A 10plus in my book ."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On June 26 Dr Kaptain perform Brain surgery on my son Israel he was the most compassionate and caring Dr. I ever met"

September 28, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=164378'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014