Ratings for Dr. George J. Kaptain

Dr. Kaptain On January 9th, I received a call from my endocrinologist after having a CAT scan that I had a 3.5 cm brain tumor. They had set me up with a Neurosurgeon affiliated with another hospital. I spoke to the staff several times and they were very rude and kept on telling me different things. I had this gut feeling I needed to find another doctor. I turned to Facebook for recommendations. Immediately, 6 people started telling me Dr. Kaptain. Upset and emotional I called his office. His staff listened to me, were very caring and immediately gave me an appointment for a few days later. Scared and not knowing what to expect. Dr. Kaptain walked in sat down on a chair right in front of me and my husband and began to explain everything to us. I have never had a doctor be so personable and caring. He answered every possible question we had. He eased my mind, he gave me hope and I just couldn’t get over how knowledgeable he was. Every time I see him in the office I feel like I am his only patient. He listens, answers every question, and is just a great guy to be around. He makes you feel positive. 2 weeks after that I went in for my surgery. He was able to completely remove the entire tumor for my brain. He is an amazing surgeon. When my family met with him when the surgery was finished they could see why I was so confident going in to this with Dr. Kaptain. He sat with them. Went over the whole procedure. Told them everything we needed to look for during my recovery. I am now 21 days brain tumor free. I truly believe that if I did not go with my gut feeling and switch to Dr. Kaptain this may have gone differently. Dr. Kaptain was compassionate, caring, skilled, knowledgeable and an amazing doctor. This was obviously an extremely difficult time for my family and he provided complete factual information in such a calming way which helped to lessen the stress without hesistation. Being a Mom, my worst fear was not being functional for my young kids. But, Dr. Kaptain made that happen. I am so Thankful to Dr. Kaptain and his staff for everything they have done for me! Dr. Kaptain saved my life!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

If not for you , I would still be in excruciating pain. Your treatment has worked like magic! There are no words to express my gratitude. Thank you for your expert care and personal kindness - Robert Melillo

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Amazing doctor here today because his surgery. Staff are great as well very helpful with questions. Dr. Kaptain cares for the patients health and recovery. Very concerned about his patient.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Doctor Kaptain is named number one most compassionate doctor of the year in my book.  Not only is he an expert in his field of neurosurgery, he truly cares about his patients. From the moment I consulted with him about the surgical procedure I would need to remove my brain tumor, then suddenly needing emergency brain surgery, until days after my surgery he was there. There to walk me down the hallways  of the hospital  until he was sure i was in the hands of the  amazing staff at Hackensack Hospital. He was there to console me and answer any questions I had as well as any concerns my family had. He is an outstanding neurosurgeon and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I am 32 years old and Doctor Kaptain saved my life! I will forever be extremely thankful that he performed my Brain surgery. He is an outstanding neurosurgeon and human being. He is an expert neurosurgeon with a great, caring heart! Thank you for everything! You and your team are my heroes :)

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Kaptain & his Team are profession individuals who made me feel like I was their only patient. I always felt as ease knowing that my well being came first. Dr. Kaptain has an amazing bed side manner which is extremely important. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaptain and his Team. You will be in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

After a misdiagnosis of a catarac being the cause of my loss of vision, I was fortunate that Dr. Kaptain was recommended after a MRI showed a pituitary tumor (adenoma) was pressing on my optic nerve. Dr. Kaptain swiftly arranged for my surgery before I had any further vision loss. The surgery was successful, vision has returned by 80% and hopefully will still improve. Dr. Kaptain reassured me every step of the way and that all would be ok. He was extremely compassionate and made me feel like I was very important to him. I would highly recommend him not only for his expertise, but for his caring nature as well.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

GET A SECOND OPINION before letting this butcher go in your head!!! Dr. George Kaptain misdiagnosed me as having a brain tumor(I had a MS lesion). Then went into CYA mode. I wouldn't let this A-HOLE with a god complex operate on a steak. Messed up my life due to a known unnecessary operation. Used scare tactics to discourage a 2nd opinion. Made surgery seem like time sensitive life & death situation. Withheld results for 2 weeks & summons me to the cancer center to inform me I never had a brain tumor. Now my right arm,hand & leg are useless. He stated "I'm a brain surgeon, I only work on brain tumors" .Yet this moron didn't even know the difference between MS (which would have been treatable) and a brain tumor. I would suggest anyone seeing this so called doctor GET A SECOND OPINION before letting this butcher go in your head!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have had a number of visits with Dr. Kaptain, who successfully diagnosed a brain issue that other doctors were unable to properly identify. Dr. Kaptain was extremely diligent, patient and very informative during the period of time that I was struggling with understanding exactly what was going on in my brain, and what were the possible side-effects and impacts to me. As you can imagine, this was a very stressful time for me, but Dr. Kaptain’s calm demeanor, professionalism and his ability to explain things in common everyday language, reassured me that I was in the “best of hands”. Dr. Kaptain made sure that my brain MRI’s were reviewed by the best radiologists, and collaborated with an exceptional Neuro-ophthalmologist to ensure that the correct treatment plan was successfully executed. I have been examined by many doctors over the course of my lifetime, but I can say without hesitation, that Dr. Kaptain is on the top of my list. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Kaptain is not only brilliant, but he truly cares about his patients. As a nurse by profession, and a patient of Dr. Kaptain's, I truly feel that I could not have found a better person to care for me. Neurosurgeons are notoriously busy, but Dr. Kaptain makes me feel as if I am his only patient. He is knowledgeable, and knows how to relay his super-knowledge in terms that are totally understandable. I know when the time comes for surgery, I am in excellent hands. He will do anything to avoid surgery as well and weigh all decisions before rushing in for surgery. How grateful am I, that a doctor this compassionate, knowledgeable and skilled is near me. I would travel far to have him as a doctor if it was necessary.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr. George J. Kaptain's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)