Ratings for Dr. Louis Andary

My son was born with cerebral palsy after he was told time and time again that I was prone to having large babies. During delivery, he said "if I would have known he was this big, I would have done a "C" Section" ... REALLY, you were my doctor! Now my son is 21 and uses sticks to walk with. He was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, spastic displegia, at the age of 2 1/2. Dr. ANDARY NEVER LISTENS TO HIS PATIENTS ... HE KNOWS IT ALL! My son will live with his mistake for the rest of his life.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

After having open heart surgery and almost dying. I was put on coumadin (blood thinners) for the rest of my life. When my period resumed it was horrible. I went to see dr. Andary. He offered no solution or help of any form and sent me home. Well after bleeding so profusely my hemoglobbin was at 5. I was told to go to the nearest hospital immdiately. My husband took me to southshore. They gave me a blood transfussion the bleeding stopped. Everyone thought maybe it wouldn't happen again. So any months down the road it happened again except worse. I had given dr. Andary àll my paperwork after my surgery for his records. After 3 visits in 1 month he forgot about my surgery and asked me to sign paperwork that stated I saw no specialist, I see a cardiologist, and another about no medication. Humm coumadin? He did nothing! I was passing clots the size of oranges, when I would stand up I would flood the floor with blood. Again, I was told to go to nearest e.r by his answering service. Hospital could not get in touch with him. My hemoglobbin was dropping as I sat in the e.r. well finally we had an oblation schedule to help resolve this. He came to my bed in the prep area before surgery. Told me I continued to go to southshore, I needed a new doctor. Was a completely insensitive donkey. Well yesterday I saw him in southshore hospital. Looked like he was working. I was very upset after the way he talked to me and treated me.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Dr Andary was my OB for my 4 children. With the first 3, he was great. #4 was a nightmare. My last 2 babies were born quickly, w/o meds. #4 would have been just as smooth, but even though I arrived at an 8 and hadn't been there long, It wasn't fast enough for Dr A. He reached up inside and was trying to stretch me out, while demanding I push. No, I wasn't at a 10 and yes, the baby was fine. The only reason I can think for his rush, was his warm bed. I tried to push at first, but, as most women who have had a baby know, it's pretty futile until you're fully dialated and your BODY, not the dr, tells you to push. He even made a rude comment about having to wait on me. Yes! That's your job! Just when I got my thoughts together enough to tell him to keep his *%# hand out of me, the urge came, and she was born. It's been over a year and I'm still tearing up about it. He was not a good dr when it mattered. Medically knowledgable, yes. But he clearly lacks understanding.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Great bed side manner, very knowledgeable, I've been going to Dr. Andary for 12 years and I wouldnt recommend anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Was very compassionate. Listened to my problems and gave me several treatment options. If he did not have an answer for me he would tell me and then would give me the names of people he thought might help. He was very highly regarded by employees that I met while I was at Oakwood Hospital. I have recommended him to all my friends!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Dr Andary has been my doctor for 22yrs. He's a very compassionate,warm doctor.I always receive a hug from him. He's never rushed and makes you feel relaxed. I recommend him to any woman looking for a ob/gyn. Dr Andary is one of the best!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

Absolutely wonderful. Never feel rushed. Takes the time to thoroughly answer any and all questions. Very professional and made me feel comfortable from the very first time I met him.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

I, like most women, was leary of having a male OB/GYN. Several of the women in my family have been going to him for years and at their request I began seeing him a few years ago. He is absolutely the most wonderful doctor of any kind that I have had. I reccomend him to any woman that askes who my doctor is. I just wish he could practice all areas of medicine. I can't say a bad word about him. I would also like to say that his entire staff is also wonderful, especially at the front desk.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Dr. Louis Andary's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Brownstown Twp, MI