Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Yarows

This doctor is very dismissive of concerns and rushes through his appointments. I presented with visible symptoms of a serious ailment. I was confident a blood test would be ordered because this ailment recommends early agressive treatment. I left completely frustrated; told to suffer another month and come back if my symptoms don't disappear on their own. I will likely search for a new physician because I don't want to wait another 4 weeks and risk my physical well being.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Updated my basic physical. Seems knowledgeable, but does not want to analyze & discuss symptoms for anything not "on the list" for a patient my age. He was annoyed with my questions about why a particular problem (which I am afraid will worsen) is happening. He responded "Lots of people have that" !! and dismissed my concern with no suggested care plan, no tests, no referral to specialist. Gave only generic wellness advice that we all know anyway and told me to come back in a year. This is strictly a basic GP, too bad for me HMOs require his referral to access any specialty. I still need to find a doctor who can work on my *individual* health.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Unsatisfied with care from this doctor. Found another who was much more interested in patients care.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Very knowledgeable. Very "to the point." Not a real "warm and fuzzy" individual, but extremely professional. Knowledge is second to none. His staff is absolutely fantastic. Very caring and competent. Wait time is very short. The only drawback to this doctor is if you are looking for someone who is a compassionate "hand-patter", he's probably not the one that you want. If you are looking for someone that is extremely professional and knowledgeable, he's the one that you want.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Steven A. Yarows's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Secure Horizons