Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Kafrissen

Oh my. He thought he was god. He was married at the least four times. He would eat a hoagie when. He speaking with you. He is so wired. Wow

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

i had an awful experience with dr. kafrissen. in the mental health field, he may be knowledgable TEXT-BOOK wise, but as far as treating patients, he is arrogant, rude, & talks down to them. i was a patient of his both in-patient & out-patient. he almost ruined my life by keeping me hospitalized & did not check for physical illnesses first. dr. kafrissen misdiagnosed me with "psychosis" (aka a catch-all for mental illness when they really don't know what is wrong with you) & had me on so many meds that i was a walking zombie - but nothing worked. when my parents presented him with an article regarding a physical disease, he was borderline outraged that we questioned his methods. as it turns out, that was the disease i have- a rare autoimmune encephalitis, & once i was brought to a real hospital & treated with chemotherapy, all my symptoms went away. he told us that we were in denial & i would never be able to function normally & to sign me up for social security.

Submitted May 7, 2012

If you're intelligent, educated, incisive, and willing to engage both yourself and others in meaningful dialogue, Dr. Kafrissen is a perfect match for your psychoanalysis. In the obverse, if you know nothing about yourself or the field of psychiatry, you'll immediately bore Dr. K. and, as he spends much of his time in a clinical setting, he will not be slow in disabusing you of the notion that your minor "crisis" intrigues him not at all. He is not the best practitioner for the average person. For those desperate to find that one clinician in NEPA who actually both speaks and understands polysyllabic words and sentences, Dr. K is an absolute treasure: witty, caring, adroit, and remarkably skilled. I recommend him highly—but not for everyone. We must select our providers in terms of best fits for our personalities and healing methods.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

I absolutely love Dr. Kafrissen. He might have a strange sense of humor but he's a great man and an amazing doctor. He helped me soo much and if it wasn't for him I'd probably be a waste of life...

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Dr. Kafrissen is intimidating and talks down to his patients. Nothing I said was satisfactory to him, and I felt I was being attacked when he spoke to me. Conversations with him were just frustrating. I wouldn't go back.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

Dr Kafrissen can be very hurtful to deal with, especially when I am depressed. I have a hard time communicating at that point, and I don't feel like I need to be prodded to use proper english and to think about every word that hardly comes out of my mouth. I think he needs to be a little kinder, it wouldn't be such a huge blow to his ego. By the way, the man really has no reason to have such a high opinion of himself anyway. Leave your ego at the door Doc, and come to the embracing aid of your patients. Let's face it, Patch Adams you ain't. Be a good Doc, we all still love you.

Submitted July 26, 2009

If you can get past his rough approach and do what he asks of you, you'll do fine. I have been free of my panic attacks for a few months now becuase of Dr. Kafrissen.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. K off and on for nearly 30 years now. I always considered him a friend. he is stern, but he usually is very good at zoning in on the right meds. He is a credit to his profession. Mike

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Fantastic psychiatrist, right on the money with medications. very happy with him

flag | Submitted December 17, 2007

Dr. K needs to brush up on his people skills but is an ok guy. He follows up on what he prescribes, but it takes awhile for him to get meds regulated.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2006

Dr. Steven R. Kafrissen's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1967)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kingston, PA