Ratings for Dr. Jonathan A. Borden

I saw him one time so far. He told me that I need a TLIF Spinal Fusion Surgery but didn't talk about the procedure, what he's planning on doing and everything involved with this pretty major surgery that's going to require a 3 too 5 day Hospital stay. He seemed aggravated everytime I asked a question. No bedside manner at all. I'm not asking for sympathy and wouldn't want that, but a little Empathy and treated with Respect is very important. Im seeing him one more time to have a Blood test done before the surgery is scheduled and if he.acts irritable and rude I'll seriously consider finding a different Surgeon too do it. Some of these hot shot Surgeons treat patients like just another number or insignificant Peasant. I'll give him one more try..

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

I had surgery with him and regret it. The hardware is not aligned right and he refuses to acknowledge it. Another surgeon stated it was misaligned and now doesn't want to deal with me either so I am living practically unable to walk with these games these doctors play. I wouldn't send a rat to him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I work with Dr. Borden . People get him confused between Neurosurgeon and Neurologists. If you are not a surgical candidate, then he will refer you to someone who can help you. We do not give out pain medication unless you are a surgical patient. Patients don't like it when he says that you have to stop smoking or lose weight. He does care very much for his patients, but if you do not need surgery, then there is nothing he can do but refer you to another Doctor that can help you. He receives all his information from his PA and CNP before he goes to room. That is how he finds out the information about you. If you are a surgical patient, he goes over everything with you and then he Surgery Scheduler does the same but in more details. Patients don't realize that some people take longer than others. If your family member was having surgery, would you want him to rush thru without explaining anything to you? No you would not. There is no doctor in any practice that runs on time and if there is, that says to me he didn't spend any time with you. We have patients that come as far from California, Virginia, Indiana, South Carolina that come to see him for their medical needs.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Waited for at least an hour and a half in the waiting room. Finally got back in exam room. Dr. Borden came in and took one look at my MRI I brought with me. Said my back was terrible and ordered CTScan. He did not look at me once. I went out of the room to get a note for work. No one was there. They had all gone to lunch. I saw him three more times and every visit was similar. He had no bedside manner at all. He finally said he could not help me because my back was so bad it was inoperable and sent me to pain management doctor. He may be knowledgeable but I felt like he didn't care about me as a patient. Office staff was rude with exception of one guy who came in and talked to me after I had been waiting in the exam room for 30 minutes. He apologized but acknowlwdged that the waiting situation was a common occurrence. Promptness was not a characteristic Dr. Borden possessed. I was happy I did not have to see Dr. Borden again.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Borden is terrific. I have been to numerous other doctors who haven't helped me. He went through my other tests, ordered a new MRI and then immediately found the problem! He gave me and my husband a discussion of options as well as showing us models. I had surgery and felt better immediately. We are thrilled.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I would not take my dog to Mr. Borden. He was arrogant, short, had not knowledge of my past medical history, nor did he even know what medicine I was on. He had no concern for my pain or the fact I had seen 6 orthopedic doctor before they sent me to a Neurosurgeon. My EMG's came back positive for inguinal nerve damage, and had severe pain for almost 3 years. My MRI came back positive for impinged nerve in my spine. He did one twist on my leg and said it was my hip and told me to go on a diet. He was unkind and walked out of the room, I didn't know weather to leave or stay until a nurse would release me. The PA that saw me the week before saw the pain I was in when she examined me. I am a pastor and tried to explain to him I was unable to stand for longer than 10 minutes. I am walking with a Cain and in chronic pain documented on my charts if he would have taken the time to read my history. The staff also was aware of how rude he was. I have never given a doctor a bad review even if they were not pleasant, but in my opinion he may be a good surgeon, but certainly has no compassion for his patients.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

He has a great reputation -- he did my doctors back surgery!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I had terrible arm pain and weakness (couldn't lift my right arm). My neighbour recommended him. They go me in right away and then scheduled surgery. He put in a new disc into my neck. Outpatient surgery. I got better and back to work right away. Needless to say we are thrilled.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Staff efficient, helpful, caring. Dr. B explained options & +/- of them to help me make an intelligent decision. Very straight-forward in responses which I find great.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Great!!! Lived in pain for 4 years before surgery. Now less than one inch scar in lower back and I'm pain free.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Dr. Jonathan A. Borden's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Commercial Insurance Company