Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Balch

Dr. Balch is a most outstanding pediatrician!! I have taken all 4 of my children to him. When the time came for them to see an "adult" doctor, my children did not want to see anyone but him or Dr. Schmottlach. These 2 men have qualities that every pediatrician should have....being a kid at heart, kind, gentle, never traumatizes any child with unnecessary treatments and most of all both these men have the most amazing diagnostic skills I have ever encountered. The children love him...I can not say enough about both of these doctors.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

Very personable and caring; you don't feel pressured or under a time clock during your visit. Dr. Balch engaged my teen with conversation and questions, and my teen felt very comfortable talking about personal issues--this was huge since it was only our second visit. Excellent rapport with patients AND parents!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Dr. Balch is an outstanding pediatrician. I have a child with ADHD & if it weren't for Dr. Balch's knowledge and willingness to really listen and offer solid, helpful advice and medical direction, I don't know what I would have done. He is easy to speak with. He is easy to make an appointment with and he knows what he is talking about. I feel lucky that I changed from my son's last pediatrician who didn't care that she overbooked and kept you waiting for over an hour every single time you went to see her to Dr. Balch and the wonderful staff here. Thank you! I won't take my son anywhere else!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

I don't know about a poster saying he's odd or weird. He's always been great...we've never had a problem. He's an excellent physician

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

Dr Balch may be retiring soon, so, not sure if he is still practicing or taking new clients... I just want to say that even though he is a little strange, he is VERY GOOD!!! and he gives you TIME, especially when you have a YOUNG CHILD or well visit... He gives you TIME to ask questions!!! I have referred other to him & they are all very satisfied too!!! I was impressed by him when he came to me in the hospital do a well-check my new baby boy... He's been our Pediatrician ever since!!! over 10 years!!! Thank you DR. "B"

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Steven A. Balch's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1965)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encinitas, CA